The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Believe Warframe Is Going Uphill Or Downhill?

AnOldAlias

I would go back to it in a heartbeat.

No archwing/sharkwing

No parkour 2.0

None of the super grindy quests have been made either.

No syndicates which really add nothing to the game or lore even.

No terrible events.

Really what has been added in the past year? Supposed to be 'year of quality' but frankly it is the 'year of grind'

welp- there you have it. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Adding more health does equate to artificial difficulty. Cheap Gimmicks don't make the game more challenging or mor engaging, they make it more annoying (e.g. Tar Moas). Both are just lazy ways of trying to implement difficulty.

When people say they want the enemies to be more challenging, they want better AI or enemies that require better strategies to beat.

Invincibility phases are cheap gimmicks. They artificially slow you down, but even worse, because you cannot do anything to advance the fight during this stage, it feels like a waste of your time.  There are better ways of acheiving this same result without making players feel like they are wasting their time.  For example, you give the enemy armor plating that needs to be shot a certain number of times before it falls off (benefiting rapid fire weapons) then when it falls you give players a small amount of time to attack the boss's weak point to do damage to it (benefiting snipers/bows) before he reattaches it.

That lengthens the amount of time it takes to take down the boss, just like the invincibility phase, but because you have to actively attack the boss to get him to his vulnerable phase instead of just standing around doing nothing, it doesn't feel like your time is being wasted. 

The people not happy with lazy band-aid fixes and offering real, alternative solutions are not the problem.  The problem is the people that accept literally anything they are given with a smile and blind praise even when what they are given is rubbish.   DE should be praised when they do something right, not just for doing something. 

That in and of itself is a very bad thing.  If they don't have time to play the game then they should at least open an alpha server, pick some people to play in it (preferably people that are critical of changes - rather than yes-men), give them all the new gear in that server only, have them test it for a few weeks, gather feedback, then wipe all progress on that server.

Way more testers, no costs for the testers because plenty of people would volunteer, more data than they could gather on their own, less man-hours wasted on testing (since you already said they can anyway), and you get less community dissent because less poor, half-thought out changes (e.g. the original sentinel sniper nerf) get out into the wild.

I agree that having volunteer testers on a closed server would be a positive change. Especially if the devs take active action with those players and their feedback.

Stopped playing warframe for close to 2 to 3 weeks now.

Inconsistent nerfing and no general direction to the game.

When a new powerful weapon is released so trigger happy to nerf it without hesitation.

It is as if they release the weapon without knowing its potential before hand.

Anyway looking at the forums I can't be bothered anymore.

so youre saying that if you had a choice, you would rather play WF from update 15? please tell me what made the game BETTER back then? nim really interested in hearing your response. 

[..]

it also sounds very salty of you to say "sure its going uphill, but its still not that great"...like why are you even playing the game if you feel progression is too slow for you? If something was great before, and is only getting better- how do you frame improvements in a negative context?

Hmm.. you post answer to.. something.. but definetly not to my post.

I do not write such thing.

Read it again.

Small tips:

"If revert to U15, I will miss only several things" =/= "I would rather play WF from update 15"

"If revert to U15, I will miss only several things" =/= "Game was better back then"

"Uphill? Sure.. but slow as hell when compare to previous year." =/= "sure its going uphill, but its still not that great"

"Notice huge slow down" =/= "frame improvements in a negative context"

Honestly neither, it's just staying steady. The improvements being made (parkour 2.0, graphic updates) are being negated by the parts being left behind and the fact that everything added in is being made as grindy as possible. There are parts I'm unhappy with, and there are changes that baffle the mind, but to say its going downhill would be an exaggeration. Conversely, there are parts I like, and I can see where they are trying to make improvements, but calling this the "year of quality" is likewise an exaggeration.