Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Atlas

DE_Adam

After the complex forms and Abilities of Equinox the team was happy to go back-to-basics. Beating enemies to death with your fist is a refined art, and any Warframe meant to exemplify close-range combat needs to be strong, lean, and intimidating. Atlas is a return to simpler form -- one that's been biding its time for the perfect moment to strike.

Click here to see early concept behind the making of Atlas, and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

oh my, helmet is so intimidating, but where is it? :P

though nice frame DE, his design is the best so far, my favorite looking frame, and definitely fun after he got buffed, makes me feel relief to punch people with rocks.... really cools me off when i`m angry xd

Edited by Bizzaro21

Atlas is currently my favourite Warframe in terms of his aesthetic design...

... but really, that alt helmet is a bit poo.

it probably is not on alert rotations like cal mordred or vauban armistice..... so I don`t really care, and we have the "none" option... er... normal helmet, which looks cool

Atlas is fun, but I feel like his skills could use a bit of tweaking.

Maybe have some powers synergy.

As an example: you can place multiple walls and if you want to send a wall flying, you just Landslide against it.

If you want to send all the walls rolling, you can still do it by holding down the 2nd power key for a second.

List of other possible power tweaks: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/540806-atlas-revamped/

it probably is not on alert rotations like cal mordred or vauban armistice..... so I don`t really care, and we have the "none" option... er... normal helmet, which looks cool

Both helmets showed up once:

Mordred: Oct 2, 2015 at 09:42:01 UTC

Armistice: Oct 20, 2015 at 22:10:02 UTC

You're welcome!

I missed the Mordred as well. Managed to get Armistice, but I'd rather have Mordred.

Ah well, better luck next time, I guess.

lucky you, I missed both >.< Mordred looks so kewl.... guess I`ll just wait up ¯\_ツ_/¯

Edited by Bizzaro21

I wish nerkos had the same "line of thought" atlas did, 2 allies are far better then all the shadows nekros produces, 2 rock man dont cause a mess, nor make the map a cluster of confusion and chaos.

Edited by 7grims

Rumblers still do too little damage, sorely need to be buffed.

- Ground Slam

- or just make every punch an area blast proc for CC.

- Did I mention scale with Enemy level? Please do.

- THey have to explode on contact with Nullifier field, not just whimper away. 

3 Needs to be more effective.

- Actually to anything against heavies. 

- Double armor while active.

- More range.

- Let other powers be castable while active.

- Heal Bulwark and Rumblers under the spell <- could be an augment

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

The 3rd needs a little bit more range and Atlas should not receive damage when this ability is running, that's all.

Oh I forget, he needs another alt helm, a pretty helm because the current helm looks like a tea-pot. :/

Otherwise he's a good frame and very fun, nicely done DE. :)

Edited by CGs_Knackie

Looks terrible, and the art team should feel terrible for being tasked by their higher ups to make this Warframe.

No amount of vile negativity can describe the loathing I have for such an abomination of artistic expression.

Bad, bad, BAD. Headless, UGLY, utterly revolting display of design.

Such a wonderful concept, bursting with creative potential. Squandered.

Disgusting.

You certainly went with basics alright, right down to the basest level of design. Shame.

I cannot fathom, neither believe that someone in there actually said "hey! this looks cool!".

That's just your opinion, though.

I love how Atlas looks, and he's one of my favourites in terms of aesthetic design. It kind of goes back to basics with the less busy frames like Excal, Loki, Volt, Mag etc. etc.

Oh yeah, and Atlas isn't headless. He just has exaggerated traps which is a play on Atlas in mythology holding up the world on his shoulders.

Edited by Gammaion

That's just your opinion, though.

I love how Atlas looks, and he's one of my favourites in terms of aesthetic design. It kind of goes back to basics with the less busy frames like Excal, Loki, Volt, Mag etc. etc.

Oh yeah, and Atlas isn't headless. He just has exaggerated traps which is a play on Atlas in mythology holding up the world on his shoulders.

Yup. His design is badass. But I also love other frame you listed. Variety has its own uniqueness, and frames are less... boring.

Also, Atlas's upper muscle design--torso, frontal & back muscles and neckless-head--is of boxer built. Take few boxing classes, and you'll see the reasons why a pro-boxer built ended up that way!!

The Best & Badass Looking Warframe of the Year!!

Atlas_zpszrilkvyg.png

*edit: adding spoiler

Edited by ndantony

His design and proportions looked really unattractive in previews - white was a poor choice for his shoulders making them stand out too much, but in the game with better colors he's actually fine, weird demonic look and nice details on the skin. 

His noble animation is pretty bad - moves too quickly and has incorrect grip for rifle. Agile animation in squatting position is a joke,  so I have to use other frames anims.

Great abilities visualization, really well done (wish I could say the same about their usefulness).