Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Kril Female Or Male...

Afroman12

The way Kril looks (Kril is wearing heels) and taunts me (I forgot my nails...?) as well as many female Grineer wear similar suits leads me to being Female~itsthegrineer. Everything from the Wiki to the Lotus voice say male... what's going on here~itsthegrineer?

Whatever you want'em to be, baby.

I want it to be dead~itsthegrineer. Seriously it took all 4 of us every clip we had to kill it~itsthegrineer. It's gonna be impossible to farm for Frost at this rate~itsthegrineer.

Edited by BakaGamer

If he is a male, DE need to change is ingame picture on mission ~itsthegrineer.

the pic showing as Kela De Thaym is a bug and not really a priority :P

edit: apparently its supposedly fixed?

Edited by Ecotox

I want it to be dead~itsthegrineer. Seriously it took all 4 of us every clip we had to kill it~itsthegrineer. It's gonna be impossible to farm for Frost at this rate~itsthegrineer.

Why do you keep saying "it's the Grineer"? Edited by fishworshipper

Well, we know that due to genetic degradation, many Grineer need to have robotic augmentations in order to function. This may also mean that they can make prosthetic parts for badly injured marines. Kril is a revered war hero, it is possible that augmentation have made him pretty much entirely inhuman. However, I usually go with Lotus's word, which means that Kril is a male if not a robot/cyborg.

the pic showing as Kela De Thaym is a bug and not really a priority :P

edit: apparently its supposedly fixed?

Yep they actually fixed the image I just receive a message from him and DE actually change it.

Edited by FluffyKitten

I always thought of grineer as a genderless race (they are all clones after all). Some may be more feminine than others but all retain the same burly shape and attitude.this makes me think they all came from one creature and got changed individually for each job. Female forms for quick and sneaky attacks, while the male forms are more straight forward. Think of it as jelly and a mold, its all the same thing but different shapes.

Heavy Gunner=Quick and sneaky?

There are clear gender differences. While they are clones, I'd think they're clones of more than one person. Maybe one person for each individual unit.

Kril, Vor, etc. are likely earlier (less degraded) models that survived this long.

Heavy Gunner=Quick and sneaky?

There are clear gender differences. While they are clones, I'd think they're clones of more than one person. Maybe one person for each individual unit.

Kril, Vor, etc. are likely earlier (less degraded) models that survived this long.

True, I forgot about the heavy gunner (hate them so much).

I can see the main units being a clone of one person each (ie: all female types come from one and all males from another). For bosses and heavy units they most likely are clones of high ranking officers so it is normal for them to be different.

Another thing I think is that over the ages the grineer patterns degraded and were forced to use clones to make more clones (like making copy of another copy). This in turn infects them and makes them sort of all one big mass of nothingness (no identity, no singular thought, nothing). For bosses there patterns would be a lot more secured and would most likely not have degraded (so they still remember everything and are still themselves). The main troops then would be more or less genderless (who needs gender when the need for it is null and void).

Sorry about this, its just my crazy brain making up stories again. On the main topic then I would say Kril is male, maybe more feminine than others but definitely male.

At Wolf, I actually think each unit type has at least one base. So all Lancers are clones of Lance McGunner, all Troopers are descended from Terrence Shotty, all Heavy Gunners are made from Helen Genome's genetics, etc.

Whereas the bosses are actually survivors from older wars, and so are far genetically superior to the newer, more degraded clones. (To anyone who thinks that the bosses respawn story-wise, Nef Anyo. Just about everyone else can be cloned or rebuilt, but this guy? Corpus don't clone, and he's not a robot.)

Lech Kril is probably a veteran of conquering some arctic planet, possibly a Corpus hub (or maybe even home) world.