Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to launch our own online party without waiting

gotswat

Seriously this is annoying as hell now, oh there a group running such and such well i want to run that as well. So I click on it and then i sit around for 20 mins waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

And nothing happens...

Allow players to click the map, and launch an online session without sitting around for ever waiting to join a random group that gives us a 200 ping. Please if you add this simple option the game experience with will 10 times no 100 times better, playing private is only so fun, but being abe to quick host an online session and play with others with ease and not a ton of waiting and lag? That's 100 times funner, I have played 101 rounds so far of whch I have been lucky enough to host maybe 20, because no one else was in that planetery system with me.

TL/DR

Add a quick launch options for online session co-op play that lets people launch their own session if after 1-2 mins of waiting the que hasnt poped yet.

Edited by gotswat

I thought you could already do this? last I played (few days ago) you just change your status to "online" then vote on the mission you want to play. If there's room for you to join someone's group it joins you, if not then you wait for someone to come along or you can hit the "play now" button. The "play now" button is located where the "online/private/solo" button is.

Um... At the top of the screen, after you select the mission and vote, the blue button changes to PLAY NOW if you're alone.

Try actually clicking that, I guarantee it works!

The play now option does not show for a long time if the system has anyother squad running the same map, I have sat in que now 4 times in a row for 20 mins with no play now button popping up. Thank you I have played long enough to know of the play now button my point is that it either doesn't show up when there are squads on that map or it takes such an &#! backwards long time you are ready to quit the game before it shows up.

A play now option from the get go every time after 1-2 mins of que waiting would be a good time frame imho, not what ever it is set at now. There is no reason what so ever I shouldnt be able to launch my own hosted online session right away if the first place, let alone being forced into a que that has an indeterminable amount of time until it will decided to let me host a match if it does at all.

If the play now system is what I seek than it needs some heavy refining as it is wholefully ineffiecient, and buggy as it stands.

Edited by gotswat

Um... At the top of the screen, after you select the mission and vote, the blue button changes to PLAY NOW if you're alone.

Try actually clicking that, I guarantee it works!

The matchmaking system will get hung up sometimes and never actually give you the option to "Play Now." It'll just sit there trying to join somebody.

A potential fix for this is to select Private, select the mission you want to play, and then switch to Online.

The matchmaking system will get hung up sometimes and never actually give you the option to "Play Now." It'll just sit there trying to join somebody.

A potential fix for this is to select Private, select the mission you want to play, and then switch to Online.

Thanks for the heads up on the work around! Still doesnt change the fact the devs need to fix this asap, as content is useless if one can't play it due to buggy match maker and utilities. Is there a more official way to sending in a ticket about this issue as it is a major game breaker imho, work arounds shouldnt have to be done to fix MM and basic game utilities, or is this a fairly common issue and is well known?

How do you switch to online once you;re in game? I see no option for it.

The one problem I see with this is that you'd get less players joining you mid match when you're forced to start alone and you actually want to play with others as people would likely do this a lot to secure host position.