Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Large Clans Will Just Steamroll Everything Anyway Why Not Just Lower Dojo Requirements?

Kaidinah

Large clans already have no problems getting everything. Why not just lower Dojo requirements as a small fix until something better is found? These ridiculous costs don't stop the large clans, so why bother keeping them?

I do agree that there should be something about the cost of a dojo, specifically the forma requirement, and DE has stated that they want to make it viable for a small clan of about 50ish people to build a dojo.

What they also said it they wanted it to be something a clan works for. That means, in my mind, that it should take about a month of on and off farming to actually achieve a full dojo as they have now (meaning the amount of rooms they have available). That does mean they have to look at the current requirements because they might be too high, particularly the forma.

PS: I'm not exactly thrilled at how much forma is needed to build a dojo...

DE stated in the livestream that costs will be adjusted for smaller clans.

This basically summarizes or trumps any response you can get. The issue is finding a way to adjust the cost so that an entire clan cannot simply leave and rejoin when one person finishes building everything at a reduced cost. It may take some time, just be patient. There is still a good amount of content that can be enjoyed without the weapons and perks of a Dojo.

I would suggest limiting clan size, but that would mess up existing clans.

My suggestion would be to limit the amount of players who can access the dojo (an upgradeable limit, of course). Then a small clan can can build a dojo like a large clan, but the large clan would need much more resources to give members access to said dojo.

I do agree that there should be something about the cost of a dojo, specifically the forma requirement, and DE has stated that they want to make it viable for a small clan of about 50ish people to build a dojo.

What they also said it they wanted it to be something a clan works for. That means, in my mind, that it should take about a month of on and off farming to actually achieve a full dojo as they have now (meaning the amount of rooms they have available). That does mean they have to look at the current requirements because they might be too high, particularly the forma.

PS: I'm not exactly thrilled at how much forma is needed to build a dojo...

It's funny because I've played a lot of mmos and other online games and in most of those games (some with millions of players) 50+ players would have been considered a big guild.

It baffles me why DE think that a small clan is "only" 50 people. To me, a small clan would would be 5 to 10 people.

I don't know how many people play warframe on a regular basis and I don't know how many clans this game has currently. What I do know is that clans that have 100+ players in them should be the exception and not the rule. And I get the impression that DE thinks all clans and people who play this game want to be in a huge 2000+ player clan which is simply not the case for most people.

Edited by f3llyn

Maybe there should just be build times instead of resources required, that can't be rushed? Or resources that scale according to the clan size? Or both?

If the resource Req is low and there is only build time, then large clans will have the same ammount of time to get the items as small clans.

Edited by Story4

It's funny because I've played a lot of mmos and other online games and in most of those games (some with millions of players) 50+ players would have been considered a big guild.

It baffles me why DE think that a small clan is "only" 50 people. To me, a small clan would would be 5 to 10 people.

I don't know how many people play warframe on a regular basis and I don't know how many clans this game has currently. What I do know is that clans that have 100+ players in them should be the exception and not the rule. And I get the impression that DE thinks all clans and people who play this game want to be in a huge 2000+ player clan which is simply not the case for most people.

From the information I have read online, (think it was in one of the last LiveFeeds), clan WarframeJapan (Don't quote me) has aprox 5,000-7,500 Members, and there is others of similar size.

So how do you scale a clan like that (congrats to them by the way) to a small clan of 5 to 50.

Eg Each player can have say 100 maybe even 5000 of any particular resource, so multiply those number by the clan size and you have your answer, a SUBSTANTAL DIFFERENCE.

I have suggested some changes/solutions in the following post  #'s 10,11,12   https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/54633-dojo-solution-for-small-clans/

Most importantly in there I posted an idea about how to stop a large clan from "disbanding" a lot of their members to downgrade their size and get cheaper build prices.