Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Seration

(PSN)TheTinkster

I think the really pressing question here is, how will they deal with Primed Point Blank? 

What Scott has talked about most recently was removing mods like Serration (while compensating us of course) and instead having weapons gain that damage that they would normally gain from Serration as a consequence of ranking up. This is in my opinion a much more logical progression system in terms of gameplay, and it's how most games with rpg elements do it. While you can mod, any item that levels up gets stronger as it levels regardless of mods. This is how it always should have been as far as I'm concerned. 

But if they do that, will the values from Primed Point Blank, or regular Point Blank be used as the values for shotguns as they rank up and gain damage? And if they just use the values from regular Point Blank, will they remove Primed Point Blank from the game, or still allow it as an optional mod? I think the last option is the most unlikely, I'm just throwing possibilities out there. I wonder how they will approach that. 

Current plan is to make your damage scale with weapon rank.

Which is quite possibly the laziest solution I've ever heard of. It also takes away the progression that damage mods used to have. Now entry level players can have the same damage as those who are raiding. GG DE, why have mod ranks at all?

Which is quite possibly the laziest solution I've ever heard of. It also takes away the progression that damage mods used to have. Now entry level players can have the same damage as those who are raiding. GG DE, why have mod ranks at all?

And this is why this game's community is unpleasable.

I do think that integrating Damage Mods into the weapons just gives us free slots on makes us even more powerful when we may already be too powerful for most enemies.

Current plan is to make your damage scale with weapon rank.

So what you're saying is, they're making it so where your weapon will increase damage as they level? Would they make it where our weapons will be harder to level as well? Or just make the game super easy for beginners? Either way, I think taking out the mods or nerfing them will be kinda lame.

If they make the damage mod apart of the gun making extra space for mods, that'd be awesome. I like being able to flatten my enemies with ease.

Edited by (XB1)FunkyZamsquamch

And this is why this game's community is unpleasable.

I do think that integrating Damage Mods into the weapons just gives us free slots on makes us even more powerful when we may already be too powerful for most enemies.

I don't see a reason why DE couldn't make a seperate system for pure damage mods that still allows us to keep the progression related to it, and just remove a mod slot. The same could be done to required mods like multishot. The whole argument is to make it so we have more choice in mod selection and to remove "mandatory mods" but in the end all that's likely to happen after serration is removed is to remove a mod slot to stop power creep anyway. I hate having damage tied to a leveling system in weapons, that's a major cop out to me.

So what you're saying is, they're making it so where your weapon will increase damage as they level? Would they make it where our weapons will be harder to level as well? Or just make the game super easy for beginners? Either way, I think taking out the mods or nerfing them will be kinda lame.

If they make the damage mod apart of the gun making extra space for mods, that'd be awesome. I like being able to flatten my enemies with ease.

Maybe, maybe not.

If the damage increase is only 150% of base(serration rank 9), and they increased crit rate and crit mult appropriatly to account for crit damage requiring weapons you would have a very powerful weapon at it's base.

Now what if the enemies also scaled in a logical(AKA, not 99.5% damage reduction) manner that is similar? The weapon is powerful, but they are durable. Elemental damage should scale similarly, a 90% of base damage mod might sound good now, but if they dropped them down to 60% and 40% for dual stats, they sound significantly worse? however those extra mod slots will allow you to put on things like ammo mutation, steady hands,the rebalanced multi shot mods(they are also getting a rebalance) or maybe even the lesser used pure punch-through mods. What do you have with steady and ammo mut? A precision weapon that can consistently land headshots.  Put on metal auger, ammo mut, and shred on a rifle and you can mow down enemies with body shots and a massive 3.3 meter punch-through.

Basically the modding system in this game is NOT fulfilling the purpose of a modding system in many cases. The point of modifying things is to make them unique. If making it unique makes it not as fun as something generic; why make it unique? That is the flaw, the current system pushes a huge amount of benefit into cookie cutter pure damage builds, with very little qol mods. A soma is workable in it's base form except for damage, add on every crit and damage mod you can fit on it and what do you have? Every other soma in existence. It is one of the worst cases of required mods, basically every build of it will have 5 of the same mods guaranteed, usually 6 if as most people put shred on as well. Those last 2 slots are almost invariably a corrosion combo.