Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Market Suggestion: Cut Prices, Give Veblen Goods

MJ12

You're an idiot because you have no idea what "exception that proves the rule" even means.

Whoosh went the point.

Farming for hours on end to get BPs and mats is not anywhere in the same realm as being able to do whatever you want while experimenting with a brand new frame. One is fun and the other is... not so much.Also people spend 20 bucks on movie tickets and that's only 2-3 hours worth of entertainment.

You'll discover people don't rate all entertainment on the same scale.

Frankly? To me a movie is worth $20. A new frame? Yeah no.

Edited by Kyte

You're an idiot because you have no idea what "exception that proves the rule" even means.

I'd like you to prove this, but you can't because I did use it in the correct sense. The exception (Sentinel cosmetics and colors are Veblen goods in a very limited sense) proves the rule (Veblen goods are a good thing in F2P games). Please do not try to play spergy semantic word games with me, because I have done exactly that.

Again, you're the exception that proves the rule that grandmasters are pretty cool because you're a spergy little combative twit. And yes I know this is completely incorrect and I'm going to keep using the phrase like this on purpose just because.

Except those aren't veblen goods in any sense of the word (if there was a color pack that cost 100 bucks that allowed you to color your S#&$ gold then THAT would be a veblen good). All your exception "proves" is that people like to color their frames.

Yes. Language is eternal and constant. That is why words are never added to dictionaries, and we still use the same idioms and pronunciations that were common in 1356.

Grow up. Language changes constantly, and the shift in meaning that particular idiom is currently undergoing is just an example of that phenomenon. Pitching *@##$fit and trying to throw the discussion off course because you don't like how language is evolving just outs you as a colossal jackass. If you've got a problem with his suggestion, then debate it. Attacking his linguistic preferences just shows how little you have to contribute, and undermines whatever points you might actually have.

Edited by Keeshhound

I gotta agree with OP - I invested into this game to buy myself orokin catalysts and reactors, because they're rare and provide great value. I care jack S#&$ about vanity stuff or colours.

However with U8 I don't see myself investing more money into this game - Forma costs the same as a reactor or catalyst BUT I'd need ten times as much of them to be on par with a reactor. And I would also need some for my clan! No way!

It was the same with many other f2p games I've played - I paid money for high value stuff, for example in Tribes I got myself the plat-equivalent because from that point on I gained more xp forever with that account. That was awesome great value! But in Warframe there's nothing on the same level except catalysts and reactors.

Yes. Language is eternal and constant. That is why words are never added to dictionaries, and we still use the same idioms and pronunciations that were common in 1356.

Grow up. Language changes constantly, and the shift in meaning that particular idiom is currently undergoing is just an example of that phenomenon. Pitching *@##$fit and trying to throw the discussion off course because you don't like how language is evolving just outs you as a colossal jackass. If you've got a problem with his suggestion, then debate it. Attacking his linguistic preferences just shows how little you have to contribute, and undermines whatever points you might actually have.

That idiom represents a logical argument; it can't undergo a shift in meaning. That's like saying addition can undergo a shift in meaning.

Completely disagreed with Veblen goods. DE does not need to devolve into one of "those" companies. EA and Crapcom already do a wonderful job at filling that role.

Realistically, you are the only person that cares about the way your Warframe looks. I would rather the Devs focus on bigger and better things that can benefit the community as a whole and won't make me stop and think "Oh joy, DE are just cash cows now."

That idiom represents a logical argument; it can't undergo a shift in meaning. That's like saying addition can undergo a shift in meaning.

The logical argument it represents can't undergo a shift in meaning. The idiom itself can undergo a shift in meaning to no longer represent that logical argument.

And that still doesn't change the fact that you brought nothing to the discussion by bringing it up.

Edited by Keeshhound