Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would We Get Banned For Using Reshade?

Phasedragon

Question

Reshade is basically a program which takes control of the rendering of a game and can apply tons of different filters, effects, or shaders with no impact on gameplay and minimal impact on performance. Are these type of programs allowed? It's basically the same as graphics mods, but it's a program that can apply them to pretty much any game, rather than having to tweak and add files to the game itself.

Edited by PhaseShifted

12 answers to this question

My bet is no, because I think you can take advantage with that program to easily see an specific enemy (like ancient healers), sure, you can use it with other intentions but DE doesn't know that. 

We can only wait for mods/someone from DE, or just PM one as Egg_chen said. 

My bet is no, because I think you can take advantage with that program to easily see an specific enemy (like ancient healers), sure, you can use it with other intentions but DE doesn't know that. 

We can only wait for mods/someone from DE, or just PM one as Egg_chen said. 

It doesn't even touch models or textures, just post-processing.

SweetFX is totally fine with them, so I guess any similar program will be as well. Sweetfx even got 36 page long discussion about precepts and other stuff. Here is the discusion if you want to see it: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113390-using-injectors-sweetfx/page-33?hl=sweetfx#entry5014160

I don't recall anybody ever complaining on the forums that they got banned for reshading the game, one way or another. And I've been here for like a year now and have seen a fair share of ban complaints.