Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wtb-Trash-Prime-Parts For 1-Plat Or Less-Discussion

aoguro

there are several buyers of "prime-trash-parts for 1 platinum" or lower

in my eyes this is a straight betrayal on new players because smth like "prime trash parts" dont exist

i wanna move this here for discussion and as a warning for new players to get trapped by this reseller/rebuyer fools

a prime part has more values then selling it for plat, it can also be changed into ducats and people can buy things with at the 14-days-appearing void-dealer at the relais-stations

its simply mean and pure trash what this people are aiming for, for more then cheap plat they avoid farming and playing warframe

i wish deep that people arent that stupid and sell - as for example - 5 primeparts for 3 pl

im also pleased to DE and its developers to keep an eye on this trade-part of warframe, its a valueless mess whats going on there and nobody would ask DE for selling a primepack for 1 dollar, right ?

offensive betrayal like this "WTB-trashprime-parts" should be stopped immediately !

just my 2 cents

Edited by Ken_Jutsu

offensive betrayal like this "WTB-trashprime-parts" should be stopped immediately !

just my 2 cents

Thanks for your 2 cents, but what is the point of this thread?

I have never bought prime parts for scraps, nor never sold them. But this is a free market. DE in general doesn't inforce anything, market-wise, and you can't stop people from offering or buying.

This thread isn't even going to be good as a warning for new players. Three newish players will read it and heed your advice, and by two days from now it'll be submerged by other threads.

trash prime = ducat fodder. some players have a lot of unwanted parts and nobody buys them because everyone has those parts already. selling them to players that don't farm voids as much for 1p/part is a deal that makes both parties happy.

I am not sure I understand what makes this so bad. I went through a small phase of buying unwanted prime parts. I was asking for 4 parts for 5-7p. Most of the people that were trading them to me were higher MR players and were trading me items Like Sicarus, Ankyros and Bronco/Akbronco parts. Stuff that is easy to find and many people have a surplus of. I did have a few people trading me some parts that could probably sell for 5-10p each but they were aware of it and  commented on how it is just easier to sell it cheap then find another buyer. I just look at it this way anyone who is selling extra parts probably isnt a new player and most of the prime parts a new player would have are going to be the easy to get parts that arent worth a whole lot anyway. As someone else has said some people value 5p more than 50 ducats ecspecially if you cant or dont want to spend real money in game.

well there are certain parts that are nearly worthless because they're either very common so everyone has them or can get them easily, or they're parts for unpopular weapons. So your chances of selling these items is rather low anyway. And unless you want to turn them into ducats you might as well throw them out cheap, since otherwise they're just gonna sit in your inventory forever.

I feel like people who wanna buy prime parts at 1p each are trying to either scam, and flip them into sets to sell for 20-50p depending on the items given, or think people don't deserve the actual worth of the item they wasted their life and time on getting, and calling it trash because it wasn't the part they were looking for. 

I've met a few people buying "trash prime parts" for 5p each, and they all explained it the way I've said. They believe people deserve to be paid for the grind they wasted their life on for the correct amount. 

My friend names kubrow trash prime then sells its prints for 1P each...

That's the best. ever. lmao. 

As someone else has said some people value 5p more than 50 ducats ecspecially if you cant or dont want to spend real money in game.

And that just show that they have no experience in trading. You better transform all your unwanted prime parts into ducats, buy a prisma weapon, wait a few weeks and sell it. your 50 ducats is now worth 10/15/20p or even more.

The buyers also expect a few 20/30 ducats parts in their trade since not everyone know all the ducats price.

The only reason you might do this is if you are absolutely in need of plats for a slot or something and that cannot wait, but even then at least sell to those who pay close to 2/3p each. 1p each is just a scam imo and i dont even wan't to talk about those who pay 3p for 5 parts.

Edited by Gilmaesh

I feel like people who wanna buy prime parts at 1p each are trying to either scam, and flip them into sets to sell for 20-50p depending on the items given, or think people don't deserve the actual worth of the item they wasted their life and time on getting, and calling it trash because it wasn't the part they were looking for. 

Or want to trade them in for ducats. Yes, if they got a valuable part I'm sure they'd sell it, but the primary goal would be ducats to avoid void grinding.

I do this with anything i don't feel like selling (MR10). Instead of spending 30min selling 20 bronco parts i could make 20p, often 40p right before Baro shows. Gets me some easy plat, and them their ducats. I think thats a fair trade ^^

Or want to trade them in for ducats. Yes, if they got a valuable part I'm sure they'd sell it, but the primary goal would be ducats to avoid void grinding.

so they wanna pay 1/5th the price of a prime parts worth, and take no account that someone else has taken all their time to grind and waste their time. 

It excuses nothing. 

Sure it's a fair trade if both parties accept the offered price, and the deal is done. 

but

it's the fact someone would offer such a low price. that'd be like someone having a ash prime systems, and someone offers 10p for it because they don't want to spend the plat, and avoid the grind. 

also the fact this is become a big trend among players, is ridiculous. 

because now if I want to sell prime parts, or prime sets, and one so happens to be a prime part someone thinks is "junk"

they're going to say "no way is that set worth that much, that part, and that part are only 1p" 

Edited by Vesiga

You're getting caught up on intrinsic values. I don't value plat as much as i value time or content. Some players value plat more than their 150 excess prime parts. Hence why it's a market. If people were intentionally shaking newer players, that's a problem. But even if a part is "worth" 5 plat (who decides that?) Doesn't mean you will sell it at 5 plat. May not be a buyer. If you want plat it may be worth just moving the crap.

If you disagree that's fine but it's seems a vast majority of the player base agrees with the current system.

Having said that, trade chat can be annoying, but that scope is outside this thread.

no offense, but it's up to the players to decide if they want the plat or if they want ducats.

I understand when you say ducats are more valuable and that might be the reason some players buy junk prime parts for 1 plat, as they can get more return from the baro k teer items.

I also choose to stick with these prime parts.

But the offer of 1 plat per part or the price of 1 plat per part is completely valid, each person offers and sells things for the price they want and in NO WAY you tell players what they should or shouldn't do.

Your advice is welcomed, your orders are not.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

I rather use the parts for ducat myself than selling it for 1p

What about if you had 10k ducats and 100 prime parts but none of the value pieces? Sometimes extra 100p is worth the poor price [that's 5pl a trade,20 trades]

Would i personally part at 1p a prime part? No, but that's my choice. Emphasis on seller choice. Then there's buyers choice too. If both align you get a sale.

I agree with OP, I've seen ppl saying "wtb all trash prime parts 1p" etc etc. It's ridiculous that anyone could and would sell anyone wanting to buy a prime part for 1p to use to exchange for ducats or sell for more. It should be made aware to any player who don't know of it yet.

Somebody wants ducats without grinding.. and pay platinum for it...

Someone wants platinum and have some prime parts that nobody wants to buy at price higher than 1 platinum..

.. They meet at trade channel..

.. Both agree to price..

Where is the problem?

No scam.. just free market.

just FYI players that usually sell for 1p/part are mostly high rank players with too many spare parts and enough ducats. i buy ducat fodder occasionally and i only met a low rank once and ended up paying 5p/part.

like others have posted this is no scam if both parties agree.

buying specific parts for next to nothing (receivers, vaulted and potentially future vaulted items) is another thing but still a free market even if some are speculating it. but seriously nobody will buy bronco bp's and paris lower limbs except as ducat fodder