Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wtb-Trash-Prime-Parts For 1-Plat Or Less-Discussion

aoguro

I guess there could be people who buy parts and try to resell for higher I see that as too time consuming and unlikely I just don't see a lot of profit from it. Then there is people buying it for ducats to buy void trader items to resell those for higher profits. Both of those are perfectly fine as it will take work to turn a profit and is an investment by the prime part buyers who may or may not make a profit on it.

How much work is involved? Lets try and find out. Lets assume the player buys 5 prime parts for 5p. Lets also assume on the low end the player averages 10 ducats per part per trade for a minimum value of 10 ducats for every 1p. What if the player gets lucky and nets a few 20 ducat pieces or higher here and there mixed in with the 10's lets say on the high end he might end up averaging 15 ducats per part if he is lucky. So on the high end he would get 15 ducats per 1p. Lets break down the cost it would take for the player to obtain certain void trader items if he was only using ducats acquired from trades.

Prisma Gorgon

at 600 ducats would cost 40p-60p

Mara Detron

at 500 ducats would cost 33p-50p

Prisma Tetra

at 400 ducats would cost 26p-40p

Primed Continuity 

Primed Flow

Primed Heavy Trauma

Primed Heated Charge

Primed Morphic Transformer

all purchased at 350 ducats would take anywhere from 23p-35p from trades to buy.

Now I dont know the selling prices for a lot of these but that would take a good chunk of profit away from the player trying to resell items. I dont really see it being worth the effort honestly. Now obviously nobody is buying prime parts to resell void trader items without farming parts themselves. But I just wanted to get an idea of how much of an investment it could be for someone to try and do it and see if it is even viable to make a profit that would be worth their time and effort.

Whats the problem with that?I dont do that but i cant see any problem here.

When people wanna sell there stuff as trash or whatever to these guys lets do them this.Thats there decision.They will pm the buyer.No one forces them to do this.

so they wanna pay 1/5th the price of a prime parts worth, and take no account that someone else has taken all their time to grind and waste their time. 

It excuses nothing. 

Sure it's a fair trade if both parties accept the offered price, and the deal is done. 

but

it's the fact someone would offer such a low price. that'd be like someone having a ash prime systems, and someone offers 10p for it because they don't want to spend the plat, and avoid the grind. 

also the fact this is become a big trend among players, is ridiculous. 

because now if I want to sell prime parts, or prime sets, and one so happens to be a prime part someone thinks is "junk"

they're going to say "no way is that set worth that much, that part, and that part are only 1p" 

Maybe, just maybe... due to the supply and demand of certain items... some parts are only worth 1 or 2 platinum? Some sets will be worth more or less than others, depending on how desirable the item is and how commonly its parts drop. Just throwing that one out there. Who's to say the most common part for the least desirable weapon is worth 5p? These aren't the items that are grinded for, they're the excess. Before the void trader showed up, most of my friends sold these items for credits or just let them pile up.

Why this is even a Betrayal to new player? 

To start this off , this mean :

- Two player that are Ok with the deal / trade

- This is not really your bussness ,Do we have to ask your approval for our/my trade?

- Trash Prime mean the prime that does not worth anything and nearly nobody want but sometime newb mistake but that not our problem if he see his item as trash

I'm buying when I'm really low for void trader , like 4 pl for 4 item , sometime I make really nice deal , I never lose anything just few plats , or getting extra plat if rare item is listed.

So just let people trade whatever they want ,also even if it betrayal to your eyes , it's still help the new player buying slots (except if you give to new player some plats?)

Unfortunately, the "easy" answer is also the most complicated, here, and that would be to track prime part worth per platform, and make that data easily accessible.  However, a lot of things tend to have very unstable values in this game.  Also, in a free market, experienced sorts are going to take advantage of newbies.

I sold the 30 trash prime parts I got while looking for the Trinity P Helm, and I spent that 30p on a Trinity P Helm.

Amazing how that works, right? I suppose I could have carried on running T2 Sabotages...

Is it for everyone? No.

Is the OP being a bit over the top about it? Yes

It is not an "offensive betrayal", it suited me and it suited him/her, that is called a trade.

Edit: I don't need the Ducats, I got plenty of Ducat fodder already.

Edited by Egg_Chen

I guess there could be people who buy parts and try to resell for higher I see that as too time consuming and unlikely I just don't see a lot of profit from it. Then there is people buying it for ducats to buy void trader items to resell those for higher profits. Both of those are perfectly fine as it will take work to turn a profit and is an investment by the prime part buyers who may or may not make a profit on it.

How much work is involved? Lets try and find out. Lets assume the player buys 5 prime parts for 5p. Lets also assume on the low end the player averages 10 ducats per part per trade for a minimum value of 10 ducats for every 1p. What if the player gets lucky and nets a few 20 ducat pieces or higher here and there mixed in with the 10's lets say on the high end he might end up averaging 15 ducats per part if he is lucky. So on the high end he would get 15 ducats per 1p. Lets break down the cost it would take for the player to obtain certain void trader items if he was only using ducats acquired from trades.

Prisma Gorgon

at 600 ducats would cost 40p-60p

Mara Detron

at 500 ducats would cost 33p-50p

Prisma Tetra

at 400 ducats would cost 26p-40p

Primed Continuity 

Primed Flow

Primed Heavy Trauma

Primed Heated Charge

Primed Morphic Transformer

all purchased at 350 ducats would take anywhere from 23p-35p from trades to buy.

Now I dont know the selling prices for a lot of these but that would take a good chunk of profit away from the player trying to resell items. I dont really see it being worth the effort honestly. Now obviously nobody is buying prime parts to resell void trader items without farming parts themselves. But I just wanted to get an idea of how much of an investment it could be for someone to try and do it and see if it is even viable to make a profit that would be worth their time and effort.

After a few weeks

Prisma gorgon : 150-200p

mara detron :150-200p

prisma tetra : 100-150p

Prisma cleaver : 150-200p

primed flow : 120-150p (better trade at max rank)

prime continuity : 150-175p (better trade at max rank)

That's what people offer in trade to buy them and you can sell higher probably.

There is profit, a lot.

Edited by Gilmaesh

After a few weeks

Prisma gorgon : 150-200p

mara detron :150-200p

prisma tetra : 100-150p

Prisma cleaver : 150-200p

primed flow : 120-150p (better trade at max rank)

prime continuity : 150-175p (better trade at max rank)

That's what people offer in trade to buy them and you can sell higher probably.

There is profit, a lot.

You're forgetting opportunity cost though and those prices fluctuate like crazy. Prisma Tetra is definitely not worth 100p. Sat on the trade chat for days and eventually just sold it at 50p.

The most effective way to obtain plat is to just work some extra hours at a fun job and stagger your log ins for maximum amount of discount rolls.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

they don't fluctuate, price increase with time, hit a max and then crash when void trader comeback with them again. Tetra is an oddball though,  you can still sell it for 100p (i know, i sold mines between 100-120p) but it's deffinitly not the best prisma to buy for resell

We are not talking about effecting ways but profits from those 1p/1part trade.

it is as stupid as those who state:

"wtb 20 plat"

selling something is a thing.

buying plat on the wf website is a thing.

just trying to sell whatever for X amount, is just lazy and possibly doesn't even work.

but good for them

Lol, gotta love double standards with all these traders.

When people get ripped off when when trading plat for items....it's "free market baby!"

When people are trying to buy "useless" stuff for cheap it's suddenly "new player betrayal" because it devalues your stock.

Come on now.

trash prime = ducat fodder. some players have a lot of unwanted parts and nobody buys them because everyone has those parts already. selling them to players that don't farm voids as much for 1p/part is a deal that makes both parties happy.

5p is significantly more useful to a new player than 50 ducats.

Indeed, i occasionally buy ducat fodder. I work 70+hour weeks and can't farm like i would like, and special gear Baro sells can't be traded. I do try not to "rip off" new players. If they try to sell me something i know can sell quickly for a more reasonable price in bazaar i'll let them know. Plat isn't so much an issue for me anymore, lack of time to farm ducat fodder is.

The bigger problem, OP, is that people (in general) in trade tab are frequently trying to "trick" other people so they gain to their favor. Trick is a harsh word here... maybe "do business" is better. The WTB trash for 1p each is just one of them. What do I mean? The WF trade is free trade; there are no rules as to what are priced what, and how much does X cost. Now people take advantage of that. That is why around 80% of WTB/WTS posts have the word "offer me" there.

There are 2 reasons why people do that. One, they do not know the price. Two, they want to know if the buyer/seller knows any better so they can take advantage of them and their lack of experience/knowledge in game. Let's see a theoretical example:

Me: WTS> Vectis Receiver offer me.

*now Vectis is a fairly new item and some want the part but are still not sure about the price. I, in this example, want to take the highest offer I can get (naturally) and maybe even score off of clueless people.

Person A: 20 p. (No.)

Person B: 40 p. (Hmm that's a normal price...)

Person C: is 90 p okay? That's all I have... (score!)

Now take that, and apply it to WTB junk for 1 p each. Same thing.

i beg to differ. i never even respond to "offer" or use it because i disagree with exactly the type of reasoning you describe and i find it annoying to say the least.

i do however buy prime trash occasionally for 1p/part and like i said players that sell those are generally informed high rank players with too many unwanted parts in stock.

if i find uninformed sellers i do enlighten them as to the value of their stock ... i'm not here to take advantage like that but i'm sure some players do exactly that.

that being said plat values for items are ballpark and may differ for each player.

anyway things like this are always going to happen in a free market but the good thing about a free market is that it regulates itself based on supply and demand and i think it's better than having an auction house controlled by the rich and powerful.

Edited by ..atom..

I don't see anything wrong with it. It's good for people who don't need ducats and don't care to sit in trading chat for an hour or more just to make some quick plat while the person buying them can turn that around and do whatever with it. Many businesses do this in the real world.

Edited by nickelshark

New players don't need ducats. A new player does not have the gear or resources to make good use of primed mods, and Prisma weapons are far too expensive credit wise to be a viable alternative. A new player has no need of 12 Rhino Prime systems blueprints that no one will buy because everyone has 12 Rhino Prime systems EXCEPT those who want ducats. So "trash" parts are parts no one but ducat traders actually need. How many people have actually wanted to purchase AkBronco Prime blueprints? 1 plat is better than no plat.

I see to many probable reasons for people doing this. So, in hesitant to jump towards the negative. While I'm certain there are guys scamming new players. I'm also certain there are hoarders who think there might be a spike in interest of an item, or as some have said already those looking to get ducats on the cheap. So, I'm not going to persecute anyone yet, because those with nefarious intentions are probably outnumbered by those who just don't want to farm Orokin tech.

1 plat is better than no plat.

and that totally nails that. Especially in market where everybody wants plat and nothing else. Many ppl ar just discouraged. I like ducats personally, but after few deals made when i needed plat for slots made me wonder if junk buyers are really that bad. for example:

looking for buyer for orthos set, ~2 days, selling price 15p. while with some luck from junk-trader i might got 5p out of mercy(cause you know, it's whole set after all) in ~2mins. And you never know when ocd will kick in hard and you'll REALLY need plat for those slots ( I myself sit on 3 lvl 0 frames).

would those parts work better as ducats? prolly, but my first prisma stocking were prisam veritux's. That left bad taste and a lot of hesitation)

Edited by 5HV3N

I don't see a problem here, if someone has an abundance of Bo ornaments for example and sells them for scrap, all are happy. 

Say you just ran a ton of captures trying to get forma but all you get now are ducat fodder but you have everything in trader but out of weapon slots and plat. 

Problem solved and everyone happy. 

You sir are wrong. 

I buy old sets cheap and often so i cant talk - 15p for Ankyros or Burston sets might hurt other traders (who dont feel its enough reward for THEIR sets) but as hes happy and im happy then all is good. Trade in WF sucks - people defend its free market approach but i hate it, even if i did once get a maxed Tempo Royale for 12p or maxed jolt for 20 for the best part for all these undersellers is run on a wave of greed.

Listen to this excerpt "offensive betrayal like this "WTB-trashprime-parts" should be stopped immediately !"

I find that so offensive I would like to report that. Can I? Where is that "report" button. 

Do I sound like a spoilt kid? Because TS, thats exactly how you sound right now.

The market works the way it works. If someone finds his WTB ridiculous, it gets ignored plain and simple. If I choose to sell gold today for $1 an ounce, will you stop me or buy from me? Think about it. 

Also your statement that all primes are not thrash because they can be sold for ducats is simple ludicrous. By its very definition, the ducat system is a way to remove excess/unwanted primes from your inventory to trade for something "better". Correct me again but what are unwanted primes called? Gold?

What you are simply getting my dear friend is market forces at work. The going rate for junk primes 1p per part/10 ducats is exactly as it sounds. WTB 10 ducats for 1p. At the rate "junk" primes hit the market, soon I'm not surprised if the going rate changes to 3p per 5 junks.

And finally to conclude, if you are offended, go sulk in a corner. 5p means more to some newbies than it ever will to you. And yes, sometimes they make bad trades/deals. Don't we all in the real world? When AOL and Timer Warner's merger failed a good decade ago, do you honestly for an iota of a second that someone ought to "undo" the deal or reimburse the shareholders? No. You learn from your mistakes and you move on