Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Know How To Transfer The Alpha Layers In Krita?

Zoracraft

So... I'm trying to get into this skin-making thing, and I wanted to use the free programs Krita and Blender since I already had them (and I think the photoshop trial prohibits you from making profit off your work). Ive been messing around and working with Krita, and eventually tried to edit Volt's color mask. Unfortunately, Krita only showed the top, colorful layer instead of the black and white layers used to make the tints work. While they gave a photoshop plug-in for photoshop users, how would one access those layers in Krita?

Any help would be appreciated, as I would really like to participate in this opportunity,

Zoracraft

Thanks, but no changes are made when I attempt to apply the skin in tennogen, no changes are made (only tint 4 works, colors whole thing).

There just needs to be a tutorial for all the programs they recommended.

Do you know if using the photoshop trial here is legal? because that seems like it would be less trouble, considering they tailored everything to it.

Thanks, but no changes are made when I attempt to apply the skin in tennogen, no changes are made (only tint 4 works, colors whole thing).

There just needs to be a tutorial for all the programs they recommended.

Do you know if using the photoshop trial here is legal? because that seems like it would be less trouble, considering they tailored everything to it.

Yup I'm still having the same issues, mostly because can't figure out how come that plugin isn't loading with photoshop. Been searching for ways to get around it for awhile now, and nothing seems to be working... :/

Found a fix, seems like no one using Krita has bothered to tell how to get tint masks to work, so I'll do it.

The alpha layer/channel is basically a combination of all the other layers. It also sits on top of the other layers according to tennogen. This means that with the _mask file DE gives you, only the alpha (bottom one, 4th tint) will show.

To get the other layers to show, go to settings>Dockers>channels and make sure it's enabled. This lets you see and enable/disable channels. The channels should be on the right side of Krita, in a tab called "channels".

Once in the channels tab, disable every channel except alpha.

The screen should now be black.

BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, either save your skin or have it ready to put in tennogen, as you won't be able to edit it after this.

If you are ready or have a backup file for if you make a mistake, use an eraser brush in Krita to "erase" the entire alpha layer (remove all black)

The screen should now be white or checkerboarded.

Now, enable the RGB channels.

Don't panic because it looks like nothing changed, simply save this version of your skin, preferably with a different name than your backup pick if you need to correct a mistake you find in tennogen.

Make sure to enable alpha transparency or whatever the option is when you save.

Now, in tennogen, after dropping in the .obj file you are skinning for, put this file in the "tint mask" square. Your no-alpha file will probably just look like a black square. Don't worry.

If everything has worked as it should, you should now have a fully colorable version of your skin. Tint 4 will now be useless, but you can go back to your backup and edit the alpha layer until it covers what you want.

Thank you for your support everyone,

Zoracraft

• Like 1