The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Only Has Three Weapons

OnimaruX

And those weapons are boltor prime, brakk, and scindo prime everything else is mastery fodder.....okay ok maybe I'm just exaggerating a bit but you get the jist of the ever growing problem with warframe.

I don't know what DE is smoking but the past few months of weapon releases have been somewhat of a disappointment. The lack of a decent end game weapon issue making me somewhat deprived of variety when it comes to loadouts. We're pretty much stuck using the same end game gear for months on end that was released 1-2 years old, boltor prime and brakk both old weapons yet they still are the best weapons in the game, like are they for reelz.

So far these two things have been bothering me the most about this issue first,when DE releases a new weapon that is endgame worthy they nerf it to the mastery fodder bin, I can't wrap my head around this why reduce our options of endgame weapons when we don't have much to begin with for example remember the khom it was a decent shotgun that had t4 potential and at the time we didnt have alot of effective shotguns (we still don't) but that was until they nerfed the fire rate and the amount of pellets it fired destorying it and making it mastery fodder, the weapon already had a bad ammo economy and long spool up time but that didn't deter DE from nerfing it to the ground. Oh this one the the silinoid gamma core, it was a great endgame weapon it was a fresh change from the brakk for me and it was a lot fun and games until they nerfed that as well reducing it's damage and raised its fire rate and ammo consumption through the roof, that was a lot of work farming for the rep for a weapon that is now somewhat useless back to brakk I guess we meet agian... and agian and agian AND AGIAN AND GRKJDHROJDJJKSLKK!!!!

Second and worst of all is when DE releases a new weapon as mastery fodder to begin with when compared to what we have already by making newer weapons require older weapons as mats for crafting, as first most people would assume that these would be direct upgrades but you're wrong so wrong a lot of these end up being worse than the weapons required to build it, this method has been implemented horribly wrong. As my own personal suggestions take the same concept of crafting of turning low-mid tier weapons into higher tier weapons at higher mastery ranks putting our useless weapons we'll never use amd craft it into something better (keyword: better) that will be viable for high level content and give more variety when going into t4 void or raids.

Any way I'm done ranting I just had to get this off my chest to have a general discussions about it with the community and to bring light to this issue to DE, I hope I'm not the only one who thinks something needs to be done about this in the future.

Or those weapons are not within the actual balance levels of the game but DE is too reluctant to nerf them into line with the rest of the weapons and is waiting until the weapon overhaul to do anything about it because people will whine about it.

Edited by Ceryk

Dude they heard on the nerf cryers.They cryed that when a new weapon or event weapon came out it was always better then the stuff before but that wasnt the case but the cryers you know.

Now its not longer event to win.New weapons are most times nice made and good ideas but trash.So we stay on the same weapons for a long time.Thats really boring.I start playing bad guns because of that.

Only in Warframes things(rework,buffing) they make alot right at the moment and thats awesome.

Edited by K0bra

monty_python_facepalm_1.jpg

Do you really need a list of "end game" viable weapons? Spontaneously I can think of plenty, Dread, Paris P, (Vaykor) Hek/Marelok, Sancti Tigris, Tonbo, Tonkor, D Nikana, Jat Kittag, etc etc   Maybe it would help if you would try some sometimes. Some of them are pretty recent additions. 

Edited by Numbsky1

Or those weapons are not within the actual balance levels of the game but DE is too reluctant to nerf them into line with the rest of the weapons and is waiting until the weapon overhaul to do anything about it because people will whine about it.

This.

Almost every single weapon in the game is actually amazing if you use it. Problem is people don't because they're mindless "meta" drones.

Recent Ignis Buff is AMAZING. The newly released basolk are not crap like everyone says- they just can't see anything past the numbers that pop off enemies. Status is OP. The majority of players just choose to to accept it even exists because they can't stand anything that doesn't do pure obscene amounts of DPS.

Sonicor is GOD TIER. Convectrix would be great if it wasn't for it's gimmick...

Atlas (not a weapon but close enough) is amazing as well.

DE hasn't been releasing good stuff? How about you try it first.

I think youre exaggerating somewhat. There are a few other good weapons out there. I really enjoy Sonicor and always preferred SomaP to Boltor (the big clip is so convenient). Also, maybe they ARE willing to do something about it and its coming with the new mod/damage rebalance. 

Edited by VorpalReaper

Do you really need a list of "end game" viable weapons? Spontaneously I can think of plenty, Dread, Paris P, (Vaykor) Hek/Marelok, Sancti Tigris, Tonbo, Tonkor, D Nikana, Jat Kittag, etc etc   Maybe it would help if you would try some sometimes. Some of them are pretty recent additions. 

Add to that list that they just buffed the Lex Prime to being par/above the Mareloks.

Meanwhile I don't even own a Boltor Prime, just recently bothered to get a Brakk, and only occasionally use my Scindo Prime because I personally prefer the Dragon Nikana, Tipedo, and Ninkondi.

... And I do 60-minute survivals and 60-minute defense with the weapons I use.

Stop crying about the Boltor Prime and Brakk. If you seriously find yourself in a situation where you actually think you HAVE to use these specific weapons, then that's because you're too bad at the game to use any other weapons except the absolute Meta. I'm sorry if that's offensive, but it's true.

Also, just saying, the Brakk is hardly the best sidearm. I'd say the Vaykor Marelok is DEFINITELY better than it ever thought of being.

I'm not saying they shouldn't balance the Boltor Prime and all that, but to say we only have three options and no other weapons can or will be used is just silly and inaccurate.

um..... what? Did you just look at every other weapon's stats and just say "these don't compare to these 3 things they must be ONLY option"

As my own personal suggestions take the same concept of crafting of turning low-mid tier weapons into higher tier weapons at higher mastery ranks putting our useless weapons we'll never use amd craft it into something better (keyword: better) that will be viable for high level content and give more variety when going into t4 void or raids.

also, they've kinda already been doing this since the beginning. (example: lato into bolto or kunai + bo = tipedo) (also there's such thing as forma)

Edited by Xicio

^^This.

Also, your complaint really hinges on what you consider "end-game" and what you think makes a "good" weapon. If you base your loadout on whatever has the best DPS mathematically, then the limitation is your own doing. Loosen your standards a bit, experiment, and you'll find there is a smorgasbord of weapons that will carry you into T4.

There are about a dozen primaries, half a dozen secondaries, and half a dozen melee weapons that are in the top 50% of top-tier. Double that number for weapons that are simply top-tier, but no perfect. Even more weapons are endgame-viable, but not as efficient as top-tier.

It is a shame that more than a few weapons are so bad no one can be bothered using them, especially when they're lab weapons or weapons that require 2-3 other weapons to build. Panthera, I'm looking at you.

I certainly don't think the solution is to nerf top-tier weapons to be just as bad, since end-game enemies are bullet sponges/nullifier spam enough as-is. Then again, with Banshee's sonar almost any weapon becomes endgame viable.

the one this I'm surprised of is this: 

DE knows their game...well, the most common things about it, and they must know the boltor p is used by millions of players, and they must know how many kills players get with the boltor p.....and every once in a while someone makes a thread about OP weapons and the boltor p is always in it

so...why don't they nerf it? I mean just give me an answer here....

Add to that list that they just buffed the Lex Prime to being par/above the Mareloks.

what's this buff again? 

the one this I'm surprised of is this: 

DE knows their game...well, the most common things about it, and they must know the boltor p is used by millions of players, and they must know how many kills players get with the boltor p.....and every once in a while someone makes a thread about OP weapons and the boltor p is always in it

so...why don't they nerf it? I mean just give me an answer here....

Heh... Boltor Prime is going to get vaulted in a few months... Does that make it more or less likely to get nerfed?

Also, Boltor Prime's damage output is surpassed by quite a few weapons, and some of them actually have better ammo economy.

There are about a dozen primaries, half a dozen secondaries, and half a dozen melee weapons that are in the top 50% of top-tier. Double that number for weapons that are simply top-tier, but no perfect. Even more weapons are endgame-viable, but not as efficient as top-tier.

It is a shame that more than a few weapons are so bad no one can be bothered using them, especially when they're lab weapons or weapons that require 2-3 other weapons to build. Panthera, I'm looking at you.

I certainly don't think the solution is to nerf top-tier weapons to be just as bad, since end-game enemies are bullet sponges/nullifier spam enough as-is. Then again, with Banshee's sonar almost any weapon becomes endgame viable.

Exactly. We don't really need nerfs put on the current weapons, we need buffs put on the ones that are REALLY lacking. The Supra got one, so that's a start. Now we just need to work on the others. Panthera I'd say should be the next focus, followed by maybe the Silva & Aegis or something.

Seriously, Silva & Aegis looks so awesome but I can't be bothered to use it unless I have Ember's accelerant to make it somewhat viable.

monty_python_facepalm_1.jpg

some out of the top of my head you forget:

soma (prime), opticor, synoid simulor also wrecks but is underused because it is difficult to use (especially compared to the boltor prime...)

spira, atomos, (vaykor) marelok

dakra prime (still very good) prisma skana and cleavers

+1 to your point, there are really a lot of very OP guns with different mechanics, so the gunplay is far from boring if you try to master all aspects of it, not just sticking to the easiest gun in the game.

if OP thinks that easier to use = better, then it is not much to discuss

I cant agree with that, those weapons arent actually too powerful compared to others, if you are forced to play solo because bad internet connection(as I did many times), after 35 min on T3 or T4 survival it takes around 1/3 to 1/2 of ammo clip of your boltor prime to kill one bombard, which is already affected by Molecular Prime so yeah I actually agree that many of weapons in game are too weak because game is balanced around full team with mandatory 4xCP aura for endless missions.

and lets not forget that some weapon types have bad synergy, with some frames, which makes them much less viable for long endless missions, for example I find soma prime a really good weapon but since its weapon  focused on doing critical hits, it has bad synergy with nova frame, since antimatter drop works really bad with critics based  weapons because the orb cant be affected by them.

This make every critics based weapon not viable for nova to use, since as endless mission goes on abilities become more and more important.

And those weapons are boltor prime, brakk, and scindo prime everything else is mastery fodder.....okay ok maybe I'm just exaggerating a bit but you get the jist of the ever growing problem with warframe.

I don't know what DE is smoking but the past few months of weapon releases have been somewhat of a disappointment. The lack of a decent end game weapon issue making me somewhat deprived of variety when it comes to loadouts. We're pretty much stuck using the same end game gear for months on end that was released 1-2 years old, boltor prime and brakk both old weapons yet they still are the best weapons in the game, like are they for reelz.

So far these two things have been bothering me the most about this issue first,when DE releases a new weapon that is endgame worthy they nerf it to the mastery fodder bin, I can't wrap my head around this why reduce our options of endgame weapons when we don't have much to begin with for example remember the khom it was a decent shotgun that had t4 potential and at the time we didnt have alot of effective shotguns (we still don't) but that was until they nerfed the fire rate and the amount of pellets it fired destorying it and making it mastery fodder, the weapon already had a bad ammo economy and long spool up time but that didn't deter DE from nerfing it to the ground. Oh this one the the silinoid gamma core, it was a great endgame weapon it was a fresh change from the brakk for me and it was a lot fun and games until they nerfed that as well reducing it's damage and raised its fire rate and ammo consumption through the roof, that was a lot of work farming for the rep for a weapon that is now somewhat useless back to brakk I guess we meet agian... and agian and agian AND AGIAN AND GRKJDHROJDJJKSLKK!!!!

Second and worst of all is when DE releases a new weapon as mastery fodder to begin with when compared to what we have already by making newer weapons require older weapons as mats for crafting, as first most people would assume that these would be direct upgrades but you're wrong so wrong a lot of these end up being worse than the weapons required to build it, this method has been implemented horribly wrong. As my own personal suggestions take the same concept of crafting of turning low-mid tier weapons into higher tier weapons at higher mastery ranks putting our useless weapons we'll never use amd craft it into something better (keyword: better) that will be viable for high level content and give more variety when going into t4 void or raids.

Any way I'm done ranting I just had to get this off my chest to have a general discussions about it with the community and to bring light to this issue to DE, I hope I'm not the only one who thinks something needs to be done about this in the future.

Your argument is invalid, there will always be a "best weapon for this content" weapon. In this case it'd Boltor P, I haven't seen Brakk in AGES, mainly died out, but there are lots of alternatives now. I am gonna list out all of the end game weapons at the top of my head right now excluding the ones you mentioned: Dragon Nikana, Vaykor Marelok, Rakta Ballistica, Stug (if you wanna have fun), Dread, Paris Prime, Rakta Cernos, Synoid Simulor, Sancti Tigris, Vaykor Hek, Soma Prime, Tonkor, Quanta Vandal, Kohm, Supra, Amprex, Kulstar (if you have a death wish), Aksomati, Atomos, Furis (healing is fun), Jat Kittag, Karyst (I couldn't think of a better dagger), Anku, Atterax, Tipedo Ripkas, Dakra Prime.

Not to mention, that ANY weapon is viable, if you are boring enough to only use the Boltor Prime and Brakk, so be it, I personally love the Scindo Prime, because Spin 2 win, but I will admit it's one of the better melee weapons. If you complain about the wall of text, you just proved yourself wrong.

Edited by Eontheory

Yes, yes, we all know that the stats that you see in the reference sheet are ALL that matter.

Of course, then you have weapons like the Sonicor where MOST of it's damage IS NOT represented there. But half of the players don't even bother to try it because the stats NEVER LIE!

No, the stats don't lie. But people are about as smart as a the northbound side of a southbound mule sometimes.

People DEMAND that EVERY SINGLE weapon be PURELY about DPS, even weapons that are not INTENDED to be DPS machines, like sniper rifles. I mean, yes, look at Ignis. The stats say the DPS will suck. It doesn't because that is NOT single target damage. You are hitting EVERYTHING in front of you. But according to about half of the posters on these forums it HAS to suck because that is what the STATS say.

Might want to TRY a few other things before making a post like this OP. There are a LOT more than 3 viable weapons no matter what the current meta crowd is saying.

(edit) Do you BOTHER to mod any of said weapons?

Edited by Kalenath

I feel like this is a troll thread but, if you ONLY think everyone uses boltor prime, brakk and scindo prime as end game. Something is wrong with how you're modding or using weapons. My 6 forma Braton prime wants a word

tumblr_n4jycoY5801saadn4o1_400.gif

Edited by KJRenz

I feel like this is a troll thread but, if you ONLY think everyone uses boltor prime, brakk and scindo prime as end game. Something is wrong with how you're modding or using weapons. My 6 forma Braton wants a word

tumblr_n4jycoY5801saadn4o1_400.gif

If only you could compare to my 9 forma Kraken, that thing has been through some S#&$.