Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Royal Temple Guardian Skin

I haven't fully uploaded this skin yet(want opinions first). 

But here's the skin

f1Ka6J4.jpg

qjaAEG0.jpg

qlSfPuq.jpg

ChvjyMj.jpg

Any opinions or ideas on if anything needs to change before I upload this onto the workshop? 

I uploaded it since some people liked it and got some mixed opinions, making a different skin for excal(relates to the corrections on the comments), different materials, more tenno like, and no stone. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=541955784&tscn=1445815356

Edited by Darealslenderman

I haven't fully uploaded this skin yet(want opinions first). 

But here's the skin

<span style="font-family: Helvetica Neue" ,="" helvetica,="" arial,="" sans-serif'="">

f1Ka6J4.jpg

qjaAEG0.jpg

qlSfPuq.jpg

ChvjyMj.jpg

Any opinions or ideas on if anything needs to change before I upload this onto the workshop?

Very nice how did you get the rock texture? Was it sculpted on?

Edited by Captkiro

I have to agree with the others. The stone theme doesn't seem like royal temp guard to me.... maybe change the name or plate it like rhinos? or maybe just give it a partial armor feel to it.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

HELL... YES... I NEED THIS!!!!!

Remove the rough  stone skin change it in a mini Hexagon plates

Between the Scales of the hexagon lines ups the Gap needs to show Energy flowing trough

Maybe cover the shoulder blade edges with gold? And the spine looks like it's covered with golden foil. A little less gold maybe?

Thanks for the quick responses, not quite sure what to do at this point, so many different opinions, I understand the back part, i could remove some of that foil and add some derelick patterns into it or retain some of the original excal, And the stone part wasn't intentional, just the normal map is a little wack, been messing with it. And the energy flowing idea mentioned could probaly do that too. But the main skin/armor part i'm not sure(hexagon pattern? normal? metallic? Rhino Temple Guardian Like?). 

If i were to keep most of the design i would probaly have to change the name 

Ancient Royal Temple Guardian? Ancient Royal Tomb Guard? Any ideas. 

Edited by Darealslenderman

Thanks for the quick responses, not quite sure what to do at this point, so many different opinions, I understand the back part, i could remove some of that foil and add some derelick patterns into it or retain some of the original excal, And the stone part wasn't intentional, just the normal map is a little wack, been messing with it. And the energy flowing idea mentioned could probaly do that too. But the main skin/armor part i'm not sure(hexagon pattern? normal? metallic? Rhino Temple Guardian Like?). 

If i were to keep most of the design i would probaly have to change the name 

Ancient Royal Temple Guardian? Ancient Royal Tomb Guard? Any ideas. 

uhm Platinum like 

Look you are on the right way, but Rhino Temple guardian skin its not just a simple retexture, its a reshape of the model if you see the art of it, you can get some ideas for your Exca Temple guard, so far you got more or less the colours, the patterns arent that bad, as some ppl said above, less gold would be ok, and check out the Art of Rhino's Teme Guardian Skin.

If I may...

Take the texture off the butt and other darker areas and try something smoother same with the red parts. It may make it look a bit more refined.

But iregardless, for the most part you did good.

Edited by Vaxillian

The gold seems tacked on imo. with the "stone" texture, i think a silver-ish/black-ish metal would work better than gold. It really looks like you are trying to "prime" excal ._.

Thing is, It looks different to exulp but atleast the noobies dont have to riot about founders anymore, Not even noobies... I am jeallous and once rioted... Being able to feel i have exculp even tho i dont feels good

Thing is, It looks different to exulp but atleast the noobies dont have to riot about founders anymore, Not even noobies... I am jeallous and once rioted... Being able to feel i have exculp even tho i dont feels good

i only regret 1 thing,

i should have bought founder pack 2 years ago when i had the chance, now im crying every night, of every day i play Warframe, knowing i wont have that chance anymore... which pretty much means i'll cry tonight :_(

:sadmusichere:

Edited by Godmur

You could try to look for nikout's excal prime model for gmod. At least then, you could try to use the actual texture for his metal parts... But right now, this really doesn't look good. I understand you want to make a pseudo-Excal Prime.

1) Don't approach it like that. If you want an Excal that has PBR metal on it, then do that. Some of your design works in that way. The back though? To be frank, it's terrible. Seriously, look at Nikout's Prime Warframe Pack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251309591

Use the gold from Excal Prime to be able to select around the parts that you want to be metal (don't just use its gold, though, because the texture itself isn't the best imo). That way, it'll look presentable.

2) You have a design conflict going on. One one hand, you want the skin to have PBR metal like Excal Prime. On the other hand, you want the frame to be earthy and rocky. And then you want it to be kinda dragon-like. That just doesn't go together. Honestly, for the design to work with it's varying aspects, you're either gonna have Orokin+Dragon design or Dragon+Rocky/Earthy design. But Orokin+Rocky/Earthy doesn't go together.

Just trying to help, because right now I'm afraid it won't meet DE's quality standards.

i only regret 1 thing,

i should have bought founder pack 2 years ago when i had the chance, now im crying every night, of every day i play Warframe, knowing i wont have that chance anymore... which pretty much means i'll cry tonight :_(

:sadmusichere:

You could vote for my Excal skin. It's got PBR metal on the back and helmet, so it'll get you closer than any existing skin. Shameless plug, I know. ;p

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542092794

You could try to look for nikout's excal prime model for gmod. At least then, you could try to use the actual texture for his metal parts... But right now, this really doesn't look good. I understand you want to make a pseudo-Excal Prime.

1) Don't approach it like that. If you want an Excal that has PBR metal on it, then do that. Some of your design works in that way. The back though? To be frank, it's terrible. Seriously, look at Nikout's Prime Warframe Pack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=251309591

Use the gold from Excal Prime to be able to select around the parts that you want to be metal (don't just use its gold, though, because the texture itself isn't the best imo). That way, it'll look presentable.

2) You have a design conflict going on. One one hand, you want the skin to have PBR metal like Excal Prime. On the other hand, you want the frame to be earthy and rocky. And then you want it to be kinda dragon-like. That just doesn't go together. Honestly, for the design to work with it's varying aspects, you're either gonna have Orokin+Dragon design or Dragon+Rocky/Earthy design. But Orokin+Rocky/Earthy doesn't go together.

Just trying to help, because right now I'm afraid it won't meet DE's quality standards.

You could vote for my Excal skin. It's got PBR metal on the back and helmet, so it'll get you closer than any existing skin. Shameless plug, I know. ;p

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542092794

Will you be able to make that pbr gold?