I get second target of 4

6th attempt
same mission
I got confirmation of target trail, and simaris shows up on the window
As soon as I complete the mission objective, trails are gone
I go back to re-catch the trail, all is gone

7th attempt
Same issue, target trails vanish right after the mission objective is completed

This is were I give up, cause some measly 10k rep, aren't worth all this.
Everything regarding scanning and the codex, is so bad, no fun, badly made, etc.

Would love to see real use and purpose for the codex.

Would love for the codex to give actual info, not later after I went to the trouble of scanning enemies, which forced me to use the wiki to begin with, making the info that I won useless now.

Would love to have alternatives for scanning, to complete the codex (for no good reason, since the codex is useless)

Would love to see simaris offering worthy rewards.

Would love to see actual/real specific simaris daily missions.

Would love to see real scan/codex/simaris improvements.

Would love that DE would read this, but they never will.

Edited by 7grims

Warframe Forums → Feedback → Feedback Categories → Mission

Its for DE.

And this post does nothing really to help them. I've re read it and I don't see anything besides complaints, no suggestions for improvement, no new ideas, nothing that really helps the game become better. As it is this post is barely feedback

What's the target?

If you are saying the TRAIL DISAPPEARS after the mission that's a bug, but i highly doubt that because, always head to the extraction point and keep looking for trails, once you find the trail, you can go it's not hard, and it's simple.

Edited by Magnulast

I am not sure with you as I havent really had this problem when it comes to the trails. Yes they do point at walls because they dont point up in it is multilayered( A flaw that needs to be fixed for better map navigation).

If anything I have less problem with the actual scanning and more with the enemies freakin me over but that is another story for another time.

I do agree the codex is lackluster. I made a topic long ago and they did listen to it to an extent actually.

The codex, though lackluster, does serve its purpose with those who are unfamiliar with the wiki but since the wiki is so much easier and basically has the information MINUTES after the release of content, the codex does fall short.

What the codex does however, become a small lore and tutorial hub. It does that right as you can get some practice in.

Though the codex itself isnt that great for information, you can scan things and test your builds against enemy classes without any fear of failing a mission or using a key to test things. The information from the wiki actually is in game. Like mods and enemies. Its just that its now available to everyone which you cant really prevent people from doing. SOMEONE had to go out and scan those enemies to get that stuff

The prizes Simaris offers are decent for dailies. I dont expect 1 daily to make me happy but over time it adds up: roughly 3.5k * X number of scans + Completion reward of 5 or 10k rep. Even doing a daily with 2 scans and 5k reward that is like 12k rep. You'd have enough to get a simulor in no time.

/RANT

All aside here are some actual ways to make the Codex/Simaris alittle better

- The idea about spy mission intell giving you scans is actually really good and should/should have been implemented.

- If you complete a faction, you get a X% proficiency  bonus on them. Your attacks do a bit more to their sheilds/armor/flesh depending on the faction. Maybe more drops?

- There should be tiers of dailies for simaris. Some arent just scanning but actual spy missions to gather enough intel on special enemies.

Besides that, nothing much else I can input.

Idea: Add 3 daily Simaris missions such as with the other syndicates. The mission given to the player would have the synthesis target(s) and unless they are synthesized the mission can not be completed. Basically, it is a random objective with the synthesis being a vital part of the mission.

This way we would get the same mechanics of the synthesis hunting in the missions, but we wouldn't have to search through the galaxy to find a specific node with the desired enemy present. This way we would also not have to go to the Relay to cancel the daily mission or whatever, it would just be an optional thing every day.

And this post does nothing really to help them. I've re read it and I don't see anything besides complaints, no suggestions for improvement, no new ideas, nothing that really helps the game become better. As it is this post is barely feedback

DE keeps developing their game on the molestation and exploit of RNG.

It creates bad experiences, its hard to give feedback, when ur entire experience of a new feature is based on frustration.

Wish I could fart roses and tell how fun it was to do all that rainbow magical missions, but it just wasn't, so if my feedback sounds like a rant, its cause there is no much else to express and say about it.

All aside here are some actual ways to make the Codex/Simaris alittle better

- The idea about spy mission intell giving you scans is actually really good and should/should have been implemented.

- If you complete a faction, you get a X% proficiency  bonus on them. Your attacks do a bit more to their sheilds/armor/flesh depending on the faction. Maybe more drops?

- There should be tiers of dailies for simaris. Some arent just scanning but actual spy missions to gather enough intel on special enemies.

Besides that, nothing much else I can input.

Yah, there could be several missions that could reward with codex entries.

I also find that after killing 1 enemy type for 1 million times, it should at least unlock the codex entry too.

And now that I think of it, its sad we only have pluto to do our daily rep cap.

Its darn repetitive, to always scan corpus, and always in the same pluto tile sets, this cause if u go anywhere else, its not as efficient rep wise, as it is scanning a pluto guy, and since the objective is to take a pretty photo of the enemy, I guess it is unnecessary for the scan rep to scale with enemy level.

DE keeps developing their game on the molestation and exploit of RNG.

It creates bad experiences, its hard to give feedback, when ur entire experience of a new feature is based on frustration.

Wish I could fart roses and tell how fun it was to do all that rainbow magical missions, but it just wasn't, so if my feedback sounds like a rant, its cause there is no much else to express and say about it.

Not asking you to say everything in game is amazing I'm asking you to actually provide something substantial besides "this is pointless" cause if you don't give any sort of concept, how can something improve?

Idea: Add 3 daily Simaris missions such as with the other syndicates. The mission given to the player would have the synthesis target(s) and unless they are synthesized the mission can not be completed. Basically, it is a random objective with the synthesis being a vital part of the mission.

This way we would get the same mechanics of the synthesis hunting in the missions, but we wouldn't have to search through the galaxy to find a specific node with the desired enemy present. This way we would also not have to go to the Relay to cancel the daily mission or whatever, it would just be an optional thing every day.

Yes.

Besides the fact we have no info whatsoever about the simaris synd in our liset, no quick menu, which forces to go visit simaris.

There is not even a shortcut for simaris on relays (and we still cant sprint either), and we also are forced to ear him talk his usual tape every-time we accept the mission.

Edited by 7grims