Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OniDax Tennogen Workshop (Added New Madhya Praefector Excalibur Skin)

OniDax

Antoine pls.

This might sound odd, but though I like the gold accents you added throughout the body, I actually like the look of the spine more without the gold. Same for the helmet.

Well, I didn't change the default color, so it'll still come with a silver/gray spine. Unless DE give it some random color scheme, which I don't put past them.

Well, I didn't change the default color, so it'll still come with a silver/gray spine. Unless DE give it some random color scheme, which I don't put past them.

Ah, gotcha. The gold accents everywhere else look great, but it just started looking a little too "busy" once the spine and helmet got added in.

So, I'm kinda pissed off right now. Apparently, DE is only looking at body skins. It's like they haven't looked at the current submissions, ALL of which I believe change helmet skins. I mean, what's the point of even giving our skins PBR, particularly PBR metal, when they won't possibly match with the existing? By restricting it to only body skins, there isn't even a point to edit normal maps since they'd look quite different in style than the existing helmets. /rant

Sorry. I'm just really upset at DE for restricting us like that. It's an entirely ridiculous restriction that pretty much makes new skins pointless.

EDIT: Glad they reconsidered.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Looks a bit like an early Liset, or something a bit, rusty but sturdy y'know ?

Yeah. The original idea was to simply increase the contrast so that it had a little wear like Excalibur. But it ended up looking quite rough and sturdy. Captures that old war feel.

Well, ok then.... I guess everyone gets a "workshop". Thanks?

EDIT: A view of the helmet detail (using gold because it stands out more; haven't changed the default color scheme seen in the OP)

raBcFW.png

EDIT: Another one, with default colors this time

mWo0u8.png

So I decided to try my hand making a syandana. I think it turned out ok considering I'm terrible and 3d modeling.

PRAEFECTOR SYANDANA

Description: A specialized syandana worn by an esteemed Tenno commander during the Orokin-Sentient War.

Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=544390052

rw0NyC.png

3F082z.png

Tr8Y65.png

WoxwjE.png

dcCtKQ.png

60Sm9w.png

6YefZT.png

Uc1FaX.png

h2gndA.png

So I decided to try my hand making a syandana. I think it turned out ok considering I'm terrible and 3d modeling.

PRAEFECTOR SYANDANA

Description: A specialized syandana worn by an esteemed Tenno commander during the Orokin-Sentient War.

Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=544390052

rw0NyC.png

3F082z.png

Tr8Y65.png

WoxwjE.png

dcCtKQ.png

60Sm9w.png

6YefZT.png

Uc1FaX.png

h2gndA.png

that would be cool if you make somewhat energy surging out the giant middle hole of it (in my opinion) but it looks really nice XD

Yeah. The original idea was to simply increase the contrast so that it had a little wear like Excalibur. But it ended up looking quite rough and sturdy. Captures that old war feel.

Exactly !

About Excal's helmet, maybe a bit too much gold on the top ? And the syandana lack a bit of flowing part, it looks much more like a shield than anything. Just four pieces of semi-transparent cloth, attached and the "points"

Edited by Feuershark

I like it with the gold more. I also like the golden spine in the other picture aswell... ocd.

I like how excal looks in this picture. 1+

Well, ok then.... I guess everyone gets a "workshop". Thanks?

EDIT: A view of the helmet detail (using gold because it stands out more; haven't changed the default color scheme seen in the OP)

raBcFW.png

EDIT: Another one, with default colors this time

mWo0u8.png

I like it with the gold more. I also like the golden spine in the other picture aswell... ocd.

PRAEFECTOR SYANDANA

Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=544390052

rw0NyC.png

3F082z.png

Tr8Y65.png

WoxwjE.png

dcCtKQ.png

60Sm9w.png

6YefZT.png

Uc1FaX.png

h2gndA.png

I like how excal looks in this (the top) picture. 1+ Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

Updated the first post with final images of the Praefector Excalibur skin and the Praefector Liset skin:

Praefector Excalibur:

zbRzxS.png

tt2NP7.png

fM0VRU.png

Xau1bv.png

eUJMNH.png

kEDUBG.png

Q9YyD6.png

A5WrKP.png

yaMfKu.png

PEcXJl.png

Praefector Liset:

oofuXH.png

PGQFVm.png

nCjoHw.png

VF2M1i.png

s7Hci8.png

Lj2At8.png

Updated the first post with final images of the Praefector Excalibur skin and the Praefector Liset skin:

Praefector Excalibur:

zbRzxS.png

tt2NP7.png

fM0VRU.png

Xau1bv.png

eUJMNH.png

kEDUBG.png

Q9YyD6.png

A5WrKP.png

yaMfKu.png

PEcXJl.png

Praefector Liset:

oofuXH.png

PGQFVm.png

nCjoHw.png

VF2M1i.png

s7Hci8.png

Lj2At8.png

Maybe make the spine gold. It looks kinda unevenly distributed with silver only on the spine. But besides that it's great!

the syandana makes excal almost look like an astronaut. I love it, something that actually look logical on a SPACE ninja! it would be nice if this could actually be mounted a little deep into the body so it can cover up some warframes geometry and not look precariously placed. a prime example would be loki prime's pointy back; would like to round that out rather than stick to the end tip (if that makes any sense). looks wonderful though! please make an armor when DE lets you!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been working on an update to the skin. It's a progression of what I started on (with the normal map) right before Round One. I know some might not like this (it's a bit less minimalist than the first version), but I think this one is ultimately better as it does more with the normal map and fits the warframe aesthetic better, Also, it differentiates the skin even more from the standard excal.

rW6Pbq.png

rbS5mt.png

It still has PBR metal, but I've removed some of the metal that was on the side of the helmet's horn.

• 1 month later...