Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Elite Skin Wip

MavenCoreX

PS: Anyone know why tint masks doesn't work? Even the default one doesn't work for me.

The alpha layer covers the entire mask file by default. To fix it, you have to go into Krita, Photoshop, or whatever thing you used, and erase the alpha layer covering what you want to be Tint 1,2, and 3. I think the alpha layer is tint 4 in warframe though, so leave the alpha over what you want to be tint 4.

The alpha layer covers the entire mask file by default. To fix it, you have to go into Krita, Photoshop, or whatever thing you used, and erase the alpha layer covering what you want to be Tint 1,2, and 3. I think the alpha layer is tint 4 in warframe though, so leave the alpha over what you want to be tint 4.

Yeah, I figured it out. Had to download a plug in to get them to work.

Edit: Also this is only the normal map shown in the picture. There is still a few things left to do before I start texturing..

Edited by MavenCoreX

Current skin i am working. Should be finished by tomorrow.

PS: Anyone know why tint masks doesn't work? Even the default one doesn't work for me.

hsSZ86X.png

that looks great but it might not be accepted if the original geometry was modified. because if you import one that's modified it wont have the weights on it anymore. 

that looks great but it might not be accepted if the original geometry was modified. because if you import one that's modified it wont have the weights on it anymore. 

I don't think he modified the geometry. He just modified the normal map which is allowed. The normal map gives the illusion of detail and depth.

I don't think he modified the geometry. He just modified the normal map which is allowed. The normal map gives the illusion of detail and depth.

Correct, this is the model provided by DE.

What are you using to make your normals maps?

Blender and Xnormal. I wish I could afford Zbrush but all software I use is free.

Im familiar with normal maps. Just looked like the mesh was altered. Importing a mesh from another program may cause the skin weights to be deleted.

Nooo don't do camouflage... so many camouflage skins made by people already.... do Swat type suit... Or camo parts only for the bottom of the legs and arms, and then do the rewst like a stealth suit. that would be sick :3

Edited by oPANDAFRAMEo