Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Future Rebalances Inspired By Ignis

Sefyra-Skye

Allow me to preface this by saying a long time ago, I built an Ignis because I'm something of a pyromaniac. I love fire, and a flamethrower in any incarnation is awesome. Ignis was, obviously a very sub-par weapon, but seeing as I like to screw around, I threw 5 forma on it because I wanted to see how much I could squeeze out of a bad weapon.

Now, Ignis has made my top 10, and those 5 forma, previously a joke, have ascended it into godhood.

To my point: Your rebalance of Ignis was something of a masterstroke. You managed to alleviate the weaknesses in the weapon while still keeping it feeling like a flamethrower, giving it a very distinct performance in battle: Large AoE and High Status. Better still, I don't feel the weapon is rediculously overpowered now, either. It's good for what you put into it, and it holds up well in almost all casual scenarios (Just got out of a 30 minute T3 surv with it; we all know what it was like before the buff... just leave it at home).

There are of course, weapons that still need to be rebalanced, weapons that are particularly weak, weapons that really have no niche, and are more or less, mastery fodder when they shouldn't be. Silva and Aegis comes to mind, being about on the same manufacturing cost level as Ignis, but really it's just absolutely awful. Sheev was not particularly... fascinating in my opinion, either, with the range of a dagger but the speed of a greatsword?

It's a bit of a vague request, but if and when you do consider future weapons for rebalance, think of Ignis, and how you pulled it out of the grave, but didn't quite make it an Infinity weapon, either. That's good balance.

Psssst. It's OP. I hate to even say that but it's true. I love this thing to death now but the range should seriously be cut down to 20-25m (WHICH IS STILL INSANELY HIGH) and if possible it should only punch through enemies- and not environment (unless you put on the mod... honestly I think having 2 different kinds of punch through, one for just enemies, one for both enemies and environment, would give DE some real flexibility for balancing some stuff). Before you say "it's not OP because it's damage isn't great"- it really is though. I can take this thing to lvl 40-50 enemies with 3 empty mod slots and still slaughter them all with 1/4 second of continuous fire. At the very least, bringing it's range down a tad would be good. It's visual effects only reach 15-20m. Bringing down the actual range to that would not only match the effects but help to balance the weapon. This range is still amazing. It would let you still reach from the Void defense pod all the way to any choke-point through which enemies pass through. This is plenty.

For reference using ignis + firestorm. Reaches 50m out. Reaches in a 10m Radius. Punches through 2m of enemies and environment. Delivers constant procs of w/e elements you have on. Does amazing damage.

Comparing this to the newly changed peacemaker. Reaches 50m. Aims in around the same radius at the same range. Has NO punchthrough. Burns your energy. Shrinks in size as you use it requiring more precise aiming (this is not a bad thing for peacemaker, just noting that for people who still wanna freak out about it). Cannot proc anything other than what it already does (you can't customize it). Does high damage that goes up as you shoot.

Really- ignis is very similar to peacemaker in it's current form, but without the ring shrinking, obscene amounts of punch through added on, tons of status procs based on what you choose, and no need for any line of sight, and doesn't consume energy. Yes- weapons should be better than abilities in the damage department. But they should never make them completely obsolete imo. This is my main reasoning for why the weapon could use a range reduction to 20-25m. It would still be an amazing weapon but not completely outclass various abilities and be generally OP.

EDIT: Though, I agree. Other than needing one thing reduced a bit- this rework was spot on. This is how a flamethrower should feel. More old weapons that are obsolete for no good reason *cough* grinlok is weaker than it's secondary version marelok *cough* should get the same treatment as time goes on.

Edited by Stratego89

People like ignis now because its OP after formaing. On one hand i think thats how things should be, if you want to fight enemies past level 50 or whatever, forma your gear. If not, just leave it, or forma once and you can handle level 40s or whatever, enough for the solar system and 20 min into any void so you can farm gear.

On the other hand...powercreep...and stuff...i dont really give a S#&$, its not like i can hit anything anyway because the trinity or equinox is murdering everything before i even get in the room lol.

OP after formaing...thats an argument now?

I think Ignis is totally fine now, it is strong, but in T3D after around wave 30 it becomes very weak again. Its a trashkiller now, so use a strong OP sidearm.

Im using Lex Prime to oneshot Bombards and Heavies even at wave 40 with a nice critical headshot (its somehow sad that Opticor and Lex Prime are stronger than any Sniper Rifle we have...)

The one thing that im totally missing, the one thing why i dont like using ignis...enemies dont burn when they die. its just...breaking the immersion.