The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Deal With Burnout?

(PSN)aiptekfanboy

mr 16 player here got just about everything includeing maxxed arcanes and now other than trying t4 solo long runs I am bored.

I just started Watchdogs and from there plan to continue on to Fallout Four and also build some new home theater speakers as I just purchased ten items of these midbase midwoofers to use as midranges in a D`^Apollito setup

I guess I will return to Warframe in a few months? to check on whats new?

So what do you do gamewise and hobby time when bored of Warframe?

Personally, I play other games, but don't abandon waframe altogether (you miss the events that way ;D). What has kept the game fresh for me hass been finding new players and helping them get past the intial stages of the game. Showing them where and how to farm, helping them get the first warframe they will build and such. I just hit MR 20 and, to be honest, this is the main reason I'm still here. Seeing the game through the eyes of a new player really does help keep it fresh, and I always end up learning something new along the way.

I think this post might be more fit for general discussion than feedback.

But, on point, I play League of Legends, Elder Scrolls Online, occasionally Destiny, watch anime, and play any number of less MMORPG-ish games. Actually, I'll work on my alternate Warframe account as well, I'm not entirely sure that counts though...

EDIT: if I'm really burned out, I may even do some schoolwork XD

Edited by Snowman486

to really enjoy a Video Game, you must personally enjoy playing the Video Game for the sake of playing it. not for getting anything, just playing it to play it.

that being said, to avoid burnout in any game, i compensate by...

j6vdwF9.png

+ another ~15-20.

and don't be afraid to go outside of your usual genre's for games... you might be surprised as to what you like that you thought you didn't if you take the opportunity to play it for a bit.

or, do other things. getting some work done is always good, learning things is always good, creating things is always good.

The only thing that keeps me running long sessions to the detriment of my other games is the friends I play with. I log in solo, I'm out in an hour or two. My buddies get on, I'm in it all day long. That said, I am sure the update we console players have coming will keep me busy even solo for a fair while. Got to love shiny new toys.

I typically never grind for anything. I play based on what I think feels like fun, and if I get something I needed then that is a bonus, nothing more. It's this mindset that has allowed me to play since the beginning and never actually get tired of the game.

I'm having a reverse of this effect. This game has lasted long for me because I was trying to get established and gather materials but now that I have as much as I need/want, I find I'm rather sick of grinding in general and little things that used to not bother me genuinely get under my skin (scorpion drags, lockdowns, stunlocking). Every time something like this happens I just lower my controller and consider playing something else. 

And yes, I have played this game quite bit and got my share of enjoyment out of it- not saying it's a bad game at all. But holy crap there are just some things that are annoying about it that people rabidly defend. The fun parts just aren't worth the annoyances anymore.

When I get burnt out on Warframe, I play other MMO's for a month or up to 3 months.

Usually, by then, a big update will hit and draw me back in.

I'm incredibly concerned right now because I'm hitting a burnout phase and I'm not seeing DE working on anything I'm incredibly interested in (besides the next raid) - also, other games are releasing or releasing expansions (Halo 5, Overwatch, Battlefront, GW2)