Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something To Do With Artifacts?

fluke1993

Whenever I see a "?" alert I always get excited because it means a chance at elusive blueprints for things like catalysts and special helmets.  While over the months I have been playing Warframe I have gotten many blue prints for such things and that's not my complaint.  The other thing I have gotten is probably a dozen or so Pistol Scavenger artifact.  

Now I am new to these boards so maybe this has already been addressed and I certainly haven't mastered every aspect of the game yet but I don't think there's anything I can do with the 50 or so duplicate artifacts I have lying around.

Now I'm not saying that artifact drops need to be lowered, I think that given the difficulty one can have in obtaining one in  the early portions of the game they actually need to be as common as they are.  But at the same time most alerts are not even worth doing because I already have the Artifact or it's for some (relatively) worthless blue-print.

What I do think would be interesting is a way to turn spare artifacts (and maybe even blue-prints) into something else, preferably not credits since the people looking to use this sort of thing probably have an excess of those as well.

Things I could see trading artifacts for include:

Mods; random or otherwise

Common and Uncommon resource bundles

Blue prints for things like Forma, Catalysts, Reactors and Aesthetic Items (these would probably be expensive to obtain this way so as to avoid platinum depreciation)

What are the thoughts of the masses on this?

I'm Studying a possible "suggestion" regarding to the use of artifacts, i'm also thinking on some extra improve on the weapon system but going to start small for what is not really working much (the artifacts), since you just need one of each and you're cool. All other picks are useless.

@ Aramahn: my problem with that is that credits are almost as useless to me as artifacts are, its been a couple of months since I've dipped bellow 200,000 CR and that's after I put a down payment on a couple of Dojo rooms.  that combined with the fact that alerts are already an amazing source of credits (in a full group you can easily make 10k+ credits in one alert) makes me iffy on that as a solution. 

@ Aramahn: my problem with that is that credits are almost as useless to me as artifacts are, its been a couple of months since I've dipped bellow 200,000 CR and that's after I put a down payment on a couple of Dojo rooms.  that combined with the fact that alerts are already an amazing source of credits (in a full group you can easily make 10k+ credits in one alert) makes me iffy on that as a solution.

Oh I agree. I'm just kind of on the fence about it being an issue. I've only casually gone about collecting artifacts and I've gotten all but one of them in a month. They are not game changing by any means. So I'm just not sure if they're worth much more than a few credits. Mods? Maybe an uncommon one at best.

I'm not saying that artifacts are rare at all but then again uncommon mods aren't either.  I'm also not suggesting that 1 Artifact = 1 rare mod of your choice.

More along the lines of;

1   Artifacts = 1 random mod, any rarity

3   Artifacts = 1 Common mod, your choice

5   Artifacts = 1 Random mod, uncommon or up

12 Artifacts = 1 Random rare mod

15 Artifacts = 1 Uncommon mod, your choice

20 Artifacts = 1 Rare mod, your choice

I'm not saying that artifacts are rare at all but then again uncommon mods aren't either.  I'm also not suggesting that 1 Artifact = 1 rare mod of your choice.

More along the lines of;

Seems reasonable. So long as these were stacks of the same identical mod.

It's actually possible to know what the ? actually rewards.

Just check the warframe twitter, alternately, download the app from the android store, then your phone will let you know when alerts occur via a buzz and sound.

As for duplicate artefacts... I think that's something about the beta, I doubt the full game will have them appear so frequently.

More along the lines of;

Love your idea Fluke1993.  I honestly hope DE read it, and use it.

However I would like to point out a few problems/changes

1   Artifacts = 1 random mod, any rarity     THAT IS an exploit waiting to happen,  good idea though, how about adding extra cost (like 50 000 Credits) to the transaction to stop people just pressing the button for over an hour till they trade a base for a Godly artifact.

If they were to implement this though we need to be able to do more with these artifacts, like Fusion them, otherwise you get one of each and this new functionality goes to waste.  

Any further ideas on what could be done with the artifacts???      New artifacts....     Preferably something better to do with them once you have one of each???     which would happen eventually with or without trade...