Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toyoka's Workshop

Toyoka

Hey everyone (first post as well, woohoo!)! As soon as I saw the update for Warframe to get its own workshop, I immediately went crazy over it (I've been doing workshop stuff for about a year and a half, never really got anything in so far). So I was happy to hear that DE has decided to push this out. I love the game's aesthetic and feel I can contribute to it in some way. Needless to say, I started on a skin a few days ago for the Excalibur, will post some progress soon (I'm currently painting it in Substance Painter).

I plan on experimenting and creating skins for each applicable submission (Volt and other warframes, Mantis and Liset, as well as the various weapons).

Stay tuned!

Thanks a lot! The timing for the workshop update could not have been better. I've been getting back into the texturing groove again (after a long stint of modding a game called Dota 2) and this has been quenching my thirst for content creation. Some progress on the Excalibur skin (WIP name "Hinataya Virus"):

kNpNyiR.png

O77QEfs.png

Ignore the helmet/head area. The body texture map seems to have UVs oddly mapped onto the head for some reason, but that won't be present in the final submission. Also the red color is just a placeholder for easier implementation into the Tennogen tool (also complying with the guidelines). The final version will be tint-able.

With this skin, I decided to follow the ridges/indents/"soft spots" of the Excalibur's normal maps for the main color. The theme behind it is basically that the tenno was infected by a rare virus that spreads only if the host that it infected is able to survive the virus' onslaught on its weak spots. Thereafter, the tenno infects whatever it attacks, spreading the contagion, or sealing its fate if the tenno were to die. The other two colors (blue and green) are yet to be painted (the base color will be a simple fill in to whatever isn't painted over).

The normal map provided an interesting pattern that I haven't seen others take advantage of in their skins. I am certainly a fan of following the silhouette of a model in this case :)