Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Archwing Thread

-Onyx-Phalian

Yes, there are many about how archwing is boring and a grind but this is not one of those threads. I will admit that they can be a bit grindy but there are some simple ways to help fight fatigue with archwings. Now majority of archwing weapons are obtained from farming parts in endless missions. To me this is bad, yes it's much like the Void but we have Duckats to deal with drops we do not want, yet there is nothing we can do for duplicates other than selling for a few credits. The way you fight this is to move many of the weapons to the shop like the Knux. The current system is a negative loop where people are stuck "I have to farm Archwing to get things to have fun in Archwing".

But this would simply make many archwing missions feel like they have no real meaning, to help with this I believe some new mods would help which can be dropped as rewards on endless missions. These mods won't be power mods but more along the lines of interesting mods such as Heavy Impact or Thunderbolt.

Another way to help is how much experience is rewarded at the end of a mission. Currently leveling an archwing is x10 more difficult than leveling a Warframe (not using Draco or other farm spots). I believe that simply increasing the experience given would help fight fatigue as there is little in variety for missions so if you want to level from level 0 and play the same tile set countless times.

DE couls also add a new mission type, using existing tile sets. Fleet Sabotage. Start off like the "Eye of the Beast" event where you're fighting your way to the ship, then instead of entering the core normally, you go into the hanger, becoming a Sabotage mission on foot, using Grineer ship tiles. Find the core, bust it to pieces, get out as normal. It would be an interesting way to combine archwing and Warframes.

archewing is trash

it was fun at first to just fly around and shoot stuff

but than they added a weapon that 1st you need to buy bp for , than you need RIDICULOUS amount of resources for something that you will rarely use and on top of that you need to farm parts in endless missions with S#&$ty % chances

im sry but screw archewing and screw titan

and don't even get me started on archewing mods - I played a S#&$load of archewing missions when it 1st came out
after I saw the droprates for archewing mods I just stuck a middle finger to my screen and went on with normal warframe stuff

The recent update made some nice changes to AW EXP, double the sharing range, double the EXP amount.  Could still use some tweaking (I'd say unlimited EXP share range) and maybe another 25% EXP?

I don't mind the drops on the endless missions, but I think AW defense endless could use a rework, 20 feels like quite a long time, and the dual drops are cool, but it shouldn't be able to drop two of the same item (seriously, why would I ever want TWO IDENTICAL Corvas parts?).  Also the defense objective's health and/or shields needs a serious boost, it's ridiculous.

archewing is trash

it was fun at first to just fly around and shoot stuff

but than they added a weapon that 1st you need to buy bp for , than you need RIDICULOUS amount of resources for something that you will rarely use and on top of that you need to farm parts in endless missions with S#&$ty % chances

im sry but screw archewing and screw titan

and don't even get me started on archewing mods - I played a S#&$load of archewing missions when it 1st came out

after I saw the droprates for archewing mods I just stuck a middle finger to my screen and went on with normal warframe stuff

Yup you are 100% right.