Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

I started blocking out a few ideas for Syandanas - more to come soon. Looking for feedback / CC and any ideas for improvement in terms of shape / balance.

mEJsgQg.jpg

FKILRTf.jpg

edit: New WiP

PJTgCQO.jpg

edit2: Thinking of trying to somehow possibly combine that one ^ and this one v

CES5qoH.jpg

edit: something something Pay tribute to lotus <insert lore here> 

kS6SDof.jpg

I have a few more ideas i want to block out before i take a vote on what is the best looking design / idea. As always, any / all critique and ideas are welcome. 

edit: A really really quick and dirty cloth sim to try out some folded cloth. Gonna clean up the geometry tomorrow. 

VmzlsnE.jpg

0ExTahp.jpg

A strange design remminiscent of lost technology dating back before the birth of the Tenno themselves

Didn't realise this looks like a toilet roll until it was too late. And i can't think of a nice way to attach the cape. I want to avoid some bulky top like the Izvara.  

lem1TRR.jpg

OcWQLHZ.jpg

Edited by _Connor

Hover back symbols~ Neatness abounds; which is cool since it's a syandana that can be easily placed on any-frame, as well as looks swag hovering behind you~

Actually it was only hovering because i haven't thought of an elegant way to connect it to the frame. But if DE allowed it that would be a better idea, especially if it had a bit of "spring" to it so it could bounce when you move.

Can i make a suggestion?

instead of 1 Big-Ash hunk of cable, why not, like, 10 of smaller cables on the warframe's different parts? as if they have escaped from somsort of test tube

You mean... like valkyrs unique bonds due to the fact that she escaped a experiment.....?

Can i make a suggestion?

instead of 1 Big-Ash hunk of cable, why not, like, 10 of smaller cables on the warframe's different parts? as if they have escaped from somsort of test tube

I'm not sure if we're allowed that level of freedom atm, but i completely forgot that valk's bonds and nekros' ... whatever they're called, aren't restricted to the back. considering that they don't need any real skinning, and that the style guide / tech specs don't specify otherwise, this is something i will keep in mind now. But like karkinnos said, we already have valkyr's bonds in a similar style.

I'm not sure if we're allowed that level of freedom atm, but i completely forgot that valk's bonds and nekros' ... whatever they're called, aren't restricted to the back. considering that they don't need any real skinning, and that the style guide / tech specs don't specify otherwise, this is something i will keep in mind now. But like karkinnos said, we already have valkyr's bonds in a similar style.

Reasonable... thanks for keeping it in mind thought

those last two capes. Add some Orokin-like frame for those, and I'd definitely buy. Let it touch the ground, and I'll definitely be interested.

What do you think of the idea of layering them so it's like the first one ending half way down and the second one (latest one)  draping on the ground slightly? I figure i'd just see what people think of that kind of cape/cloak before figuring out how it will attach to the frame.

Also how about a hood hanging back/ down the cape? 

No hood. I'm not sure they really blend well together. You could thin out that first one, and then have two of those behind the shoulder blades, so that it's essentially three capes. But they really work best as two separate capes. Both look good in their own right.

No hood. I'm not sure they really blend well together. You could thin out that first one, and then have two of those behind the shoulder blades, so that it's essentially three capes. But they really work best as two separate capes. Both look good in their own right.

Noted and appreciated. Really should get some sleep now and ill get back to this hopefully tomorrow.