Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Warframe Tennogen Tool

Hey! Are we supposed to be able to opt into the test version of this tool Build Id 841826, which has some of the upcoming features? Either way, there's a slight mix up with it. The icons for thumbs up and thumbs down are swapped (they're in the wrong place).

We don't support using the test branch, but won't restrict it. The test branch is what we're planning for release very shortly. Features in the test branch may be incomplete or do unexpected things. Basically, you may use it at your own discretion.

We don't support using the test branch, but won't restrict it. The test branch is what we're planning for release very shortly. Features in the test branch may be incomplete or do unexpected things. Basically, you may use it at your own discretion.

Well, seems to work (yeah, I couldn't resist trying it out :p)

I don't know where to post this question but:

Hello is there posible to make asymmetrical skins? For example different pattern on left and right legs?

Only if the texture separates the left and right leg (for example, Excalibur's texture doesn't separate them).

We've released an update to the Warframe TennoGen tool. The update contains the changes/fixes listed below:

4/11/2015 - Build Id 844894

Uploader:

- Fixed a possible crash when uploading items.

- Improved error messages for general uploader usage.

- Set the default workshop item visibility to private.

- Increased the clickable area for opening preview image and content path dialogues.

- Added the ability to see and modify previously uploaded items.

- Added new tags: "Polycount Warframe Contest", "Alt Helm", "Model Swap".

Viewer:

- Fixed incorrect vertex counts.

- Added opacity setting per material.

- Added support for obj faces formatted with relative indices.

Edited by DESizzlingCalamari

Is this Tennogen viewer closer to the ingame shaders or is the substance painter evolution shader closer ? reason being, the viewer craps all over my materials :P

Painter is likely closer. Tennogen is as close as a quick webgl implementation gets us. Equivalent glsl, but different mesh format, no cubemap variety etc.

We've released an update to the Warframe TennoGen tool. The update contains the changes/fixes listed below:

13/11/2015 - Build Id 858027

Uploader:

- The workshop items list now refreshes after uploading an item.

- Added additional error handling for item uploads.

- Fixed the description box not respecting multiple line descriptions.

Viewer:

- Fixed 'Emissive Colour', 'Use Opacity', 'Spec Map Is Metal Map' not being exported in TennoGenExport.zip.

Edited by DESizzlingCalamari

20/11/2015 - Build Id 867447

Uploader:

- Reduced the workshop items list refresh delay from 3.5 to 2 seconds after uploading an item.

- Fixed a case where item tags were replaced by "False" when uploading.

Viewer:

- Fixed an error when loading an OBJ without normal or uv indices.

Is there a faster way to update the textures in TennoGen? My current method of updating is to re-link the files by opening the thumnail preview everytime. 

Would be cool if TennoGen can auto update textures on the fly as you save over your textures.. 

Thanks!

Is there a faster way to update the textures in TennoGen? My current method of updating is to re-link the files by opening the thumnail preview everytime. 

Would be cool if TennoGen can auto update textures on the fly as you save over your textures.. 

Thanks!

To update the textures, you may also drag your texture from Windows explorer into the corresponding slot in the TennoGen tool.

When I bring the files supplied to us into the tool, I am not able to select colors correctly. It lets me select the 4th color, but the other 3 circles do not change anything. Please help. I tried it with my own model too, and it's the same issue.

Your tint map needs an alpha channel. Without one, the tint selection will not work.

After the import export process, I'd suggest adding the ability to import/export fbx in with the submission .zip sets..perhaps a check box for those who are only doing skins?  Also, a note to add in about normal maps.  If anyone has issues getting their normal maps to view properly, invert the green channel while baking.  In xnormal change Y+ to Y-.  I apologize if that has been posted and i missed it somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...