Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Warframe Tennogen Tool

Since TennoGen is close to the actual rendering in-game, I think adding a module to test / preview Clan and Alliance Emblems would be really appreciated by a lot of people. If it's not possible or you want to keep things separated, please consider releasing a dedicated tool for that.

A stripped down version of the Tennogen tool for previewing Clan/Alliance emblems would be a huge help for a lot of people. That would be a fantastic utility, and let's be honest, the current preview doesn't always quite work.

A stripped down version of the Tennogen tool for previewing Clan/Alliance emblems would be a huge help for a lot of people. That would be a fantastic utility, and let's be honest, the current preview doesn't always quite work.

But you can just add a small flat model to for example Excalibur and then map your emblem to that obejct.

Then export as OBJ and import into the Viewer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! i have a problem. When i want to start use this tool, i have this "Your system does not support WebGL. To use this aplication, please update your video cart drives". I have a latest drivers ;/ My video card it is a radeon x1650 series, System Windows 7 64 bit. Please help :( 

Edited by xDakmoRx

On 5/3/2016 at 5:58 PM, xDakmoRx said:

Hey! i have a problem. When i want to start use this tool, i have this "Your system does not support WebGL. To use this aplication, please update your video cart drives". I have a latest drivers ;/ My video card it is a radeon x1650 series, System Windows 7 64 bit. Please help :( 

Try adding --ignore-gpu-blacklist as per the first post of this thread. If that won't help, nothing can be done and you need more modern video card.

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2016 at 2:55 PM, Captain_Thickthighs said:

Hi i just have some questions about tennogen. When uploading alt helmets do we need to include the body as well in the obj? Also would you guys except skins where its just the body or does it have to be both body and helmet?

• You do not need to upload the body if it is unedited (prefer not to avoid confusion in fact).

• Just body is fine.  Our Immortal skins work that way.

17 hours ago, [DE]Kary said:

• You do not need to upload the body if it is unedited (prefer not to avoid confusion in fact).

• Just body is fine.  Our Immortal skins work that way.

Thanks for the the info! I just got one more question. For the tint mask I know we need an alpha mask to get it to work in tennogen but when uploading does it still have to be a super png?

1 hour ago, Captain_Thickthighs said:

Thanks for the the info! I just got one more question. For the tint mask I know we need an alpha mask to get it to work in tennogen but when uploading does it still have to be a super png?

Yes it does, that's how it works in-game as well. The TennoGen viewer is a handy shortcut to let you know if your maps are working well there, then it should work that way in-game. The tint-mask must be superPNG.

• 2 weeks later...

We've released an update to the Warframe TennoGen tool. The update contains the changes/fixes listed below:

05/07/2016 - Build Id 1212877
Uploader:
- Added the requirement that item content updates must include change notes. If you have updated your submission since the last round of selections, please ensure you have change notes attached. You may edit change notes by clicking on the "Change Notes" tab on your workshop item page.

Viewer:
- Modified the viewer export process. On export, users will now be prompted to classify their submission as one of the 4 types: Warframe (body/helm), Weapon, Syandana, or Landing Craft. This is to make the item integration process easier on our end.

14 hours ago, [DE]SizzlingCalamari said:

We've released an update to the Warframe TennoGen tool. The update contains the changes/fixes listed below:

05/07/2016 - Build Id 1212877
Uploader:
- Added the requirement that item content updates must include change notes. If you have updated your submission since the last round of selections, please ensure you have change notes attached. You may edit change notes by clicking on the "Change Notes" tab on your workshop item page.

Viewer:
- Modified the viewer export process. On export, users will now be prompted to classify their submission as one of the 4 types: Warframe (body/helm), Weapon, Syandana, or Landing Craft. This is to make the item integration process easier on our end.

Still no emissive alpha channel panning :(

On 7/7/2016 at 5:01 PM, Ninjino said:

Whenever I go to install it, it says there is not enough disc space even thought I have 233 gigs left. Anybody else having this problem? Is there a fix?

That's a error on the side of Steam. Try searching for results from their discussion boards about the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Edit: This build has been rolled back while a few issues with it are addressed.

21/02/2017 - Build Id 1646632
Uploader:
- Added Equinox, Nidus, and Titania to the submission tag list.

Viewer:
- Fixed sample .obj models not loading in some cases. (Previously, this fix was in the test branch)
- Fixed saving/exporting sometimes hanging the program with larger content file sizes.

Edited by [DE]SizzlingCalamari

• 5 months later...

Can someone help me a bit with my problem? I am new to TennoGen, so can someone explain why the WebGL doesn't support my system. I use windows vista, so I am thinking that Vista is out of date being the main reason. Is there anyone who can say otherwise?

• 2 months later...