The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Kubrow Value Guide

ThorienKELL

Question

I know there are breeders out there who have the kubrow science fully mastered. 

Will some of you guys write few words to remedy all those desperate daily kubrow price checks by newbies? 

Things like;

What breed is most sought after now, what are average prices.

Colors, rare, common, uncommon and their values on specific breed.

Other characteristics like height /bulkyness how much they add. 

Lotus patterns and fur combos. 

Most values /sought for combinations. 

How to check colors. 

Basic price ranges on current market. 

Or link to a page that already has all the mentioned. 

for trade ppl need to be very imformed.....observe trade chat every day...than u find price u think its ok.... dont overprice cz u will need lot time to maybe sell dont sell low too... u indirectlly hurt trade economy than.......also be aware of ppl who selling omega kubrows.. cz  no type of kubrow like that......also lotus bulky kubrows with are colors  are pretty expensive

2 hours ago, sabeb said:

Would to know how much this kubrow will sold. As far as I knew double rare bulky lotus is above 600p.

Its Light Blue/Purple/Blue

5zQn7LJ.jpg

so you already know it's a double rare bulky lotus I cant see why dont you just read the OP ? 

or are you looking for other price opinions different than mine ?

Please make it clear that these prices are for pc and not for ps4 or xbox. Each consoles pricing is different and xbox is much more then pc. You have a good start but the list doesnt have all colors or does it say that all combinations. Some people buy for holidays or sports fans buy for their colors. And these people pay way more because they want a specific color combination. But its a good PC list, but its not official as you had said. Thanks so much for at least trying to help others on your console.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Yamgazmic Fiend said:

Please make it clear that these prices are for pc and not for ps4 or xbox. Each consoles pricing is different and xbox is much more then pc. You have a good start but the list doesnt have all colors or does it say that all combinations. Some people buy for holidays or sports fans buy for their colors. And these people pay way more because they want a specific color combination. But its a good PC list, but its not official as you had said. Thanks so much for at least trying to help others on your console.

I think people already know console prices are different. will edit the post anyway thanks

6 hours ago, _Medo_ said:

I think people already know console prices are different. will edit the post anyway thanks

no i actually had someone post a link here on my selling kubrows telling people this was what they prices are and im on xbox and this is for pc, and it even says this is just one persons experience. but thank you

On 5/11/2016 at 8:48 PM, ashrah said:

for trade ppl need to be very imformed.....observe trade chat every day...than u find price u think its ok.... dont overprice cz u will need lot time to maybe sell dont sell low too... u indirectlly hurt trade economy than.......also be aware of ppl who selling omega kubrows.. cz  no type of kubrow like that......also lotus bulky kubrows with are colors  are pretty expensive

there is omega and alpha, BUT, they are size only and the size is random. You can take the same prints and keep putting them together and eventually you will get either alpha or omega. and the difference is omega is bulky, alpha is non bulky. just saying. At least that is what we say and do on the xbox, i know each console is different. 

19 hours ago, (XB1)Yamgazmic Fiend said:

Which colors are not listed on his chart?

12 hours ago, (XB1)Yamgazmic Fiend said:

no i actually had someone post a link here on my selling kubrows telling people this was what they prices are and im on xbox and this is for pc, and it even says this is just one persons experience. but thank you

I only suggested that buyers should read through this thread first.  You are selling a set of common bulky lotus prints for 2000p, whereas the guide suggests 200-300p.  I understand you are on a different platform, and prices may vary, but I think buyers should be well informed before dropping $100 of plat.

Good luck with your sales :)

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Rogo said:

Which colors are not listed on his chart?

I only suggested that buyers should read through this thread first.  You are selling a set of common bulky lotus prints for 2000p, whereas the guide suggests 200-300p.  I understand you are on a different platform, and prices may vary, but I think buyers should be well informed before dropping $100 of plat.

Good luck with your sales :)

Xbox prices are very different, the same as how we price. That kubrow isn't 2 common colors, its actually a blood red/black. Several people have gotten that color and they consider it exceedingly rare. Shes also what WE on XBOX call a skull lotus, which again is rare and sought after. Hence why her price is high. Im sorry but if you are on another platform and dont trade or deal in our trading then please dont comment or post things. People on xbox look at pc and ps4 pricing and yes we do get jealous because your prices are low. Its frustrating to us buyers and sellers when someone says the price is lower when in fact its not. But I have already spoken with several other breeders and we are all putting our prices together and examples of said dogs. And we also offer alpha and omega kubrows, which I have heard pc doesnt feel exists. Our prices are what they are so please respect each platform. This person that made the list says its UNOFFICIAL, he also states that its his experience and that you have to keep looking and pay attention to the market. 

And there is no white, white is a color. 

Edited by (XB1)Yamgazmic Fiend
forgot to put an answer

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Yamgazmic Fiend said:

Xbox prices are very different, the same as how we price. That kubrow isn't 2 common colors, its actually a blood red/black. Several people have gotten that color and they consider it exceedingly rare. Shes also what WE on XBOX call a skull lotus, which again is rare and sought after. Hence why her price is high. Im sorry but if you are on another platform and dont trade or deal in our trading then please dont comment or post things. People on xbox look at pc and ps4 pricing and yes we do get jealous because your prices are low. Its frustrating to us buyers and sellers when someone says the price is lower when in fact its not. But I have already spoken with several other breeders and we are all putting our prices together and examples of said dogs. And we also offer alpha and omega kubrows, which I have heard pc doesnt feel exists. Our prices are what they are so please respect each platform. This person that made the list says its UNOFFICIAL, he also states that its his experience and that you have to keep looking and pay attention to the market. 

First, I was referring to this Kubrow, which is a common bulky lotus:

proxy.jpg?t=HBh2aHR0cDovL3NjcmVlbnNob3Rz

Second, saying you offer "alpha and omega kubrows" is either ignorant or misleading.  Height is always random, on every platform.

Ultimately, you are correct; your prices are what they are, so good luck with your sales.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Rogo said:

First, I was referring to this Kubrow, which is a common bulky lotus:

proxy.jpg?t=HBh2aHR0cDovL3NjcmVlbnNob3Rz

Second, saying you offer "alpha and omega kubrows" is either ignorant or misleading.  Height is always random, on every platform.

Ultimately, you are correct; your prices are what they are, so good luck with your sales.

Gold is an ultra rare color, white is another rare color. We offer a alpha or omega print, meaning that we are giving you an omega or alpha and that you can continually put the prints together to get the height you want and that you are likely to get it again within like 3-5 breedings instead of doing over a dozen times. its saying that this set of prints has made an omega or alpha and thats what people want. If you havent been on xbox and looked at the market then back off and stop quoting everything I post. Get over it dude. Im tired of this stupid argument because you're butthurt that mine and others on xbox are high. How do you think we feel. I would love to have lower prices and be able to buy things cheaper, but hey im on xbox and not pc. And as for that kubrow, it was just sold for 2500plat to a dude that was very excited about getting a primed color kubrow. So have fun dude.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Yamgazmic Fiend said:

Gold is an ultra rare color

Gold is no rarer than the other rare colors listed in the guide.  Also, that kubrow is not gold.

We offer a alpha or omega print, meaning that we are giving you an omega or alpha and that you can continually put the prints together to get the height you want and that you are likely to get it again within like 3-5 breedings instead of doing over a dozen times.

Nope, height is random and always will be random.

it was just sold for 2500plat to a dude that was very excited about getting a primed color kubrow.

I didn't know prime color kubrows are tan, grey, and black.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Rogo said:

Gold is no rarer than the other rare colors listed in the guide.  Also, that kubrow is not gold.

Nope, height is random and always will be random.

I didn't know prime color kubrows are tan, grey, and black.

Gold is a rare color, I did say height is random by stating that you have to put the prints together to get the height you want. And she is gold, black, and white, hence why we called her a prime kubrow. So enjoy your day dude. 

I think the color palettes describing rarity of kubrows are a bit innacurate which are in this thread.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/7/7e/Color_table_ver3.1.1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160114124836

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/7/7a/Eyecolors_v2.1.png/revision/latest?cb=20151026173051

I think so because I stumbled upon a picture which describes actual percentage of how the colors and patterns are affected by chance:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23709189/tmp/asd.htm

So when I matched colors pictured in the guide with the colors in the picture with the data I got something like this:

http://imgur.com/PDL03Ww

As you can see the merle pattern is as rare as the lotus pattern, there is one additional rare color which I named "Silver", which is actually listed as common unnamed color at the 3rd place from the end of the 1st picture (which isn't even mentioned in this thread cuz someone cut the picture), and the orange color listed in the 1st picture is actually rare, not uncommon. Also the gold color isn't the most rare color, it's chance is exactly the same as blue, dark brown, red or purple. Also all of the eye/energy colors have the same chance: 1/9, or 11,(1)%.

Most of the triple rare colored kubrows IMHO look like vomit, when someone mixes gold with blue and red it actually looks worser than you would put there some white or black in between, so I don't think the looks really matter for the kubrow price only the rarity itself. This promts a question is the merle kubrow going to be worth somewhat more than a regular pattern? Also the orange color is definitely rare and IMO looks better in mixes than gold because it isn't so bright, but what about the silver? That silver color is rare but there are already lots of different shades of gray(no, not 50), does the rarity alone will make the price for this color go as far as other rare colors?

Edited by OceanTempest

57 minutes ago, OceanTempest said:

think so because I stumbled upon a picture which describes actual percentage of how the colors and patterns are affected by chance:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23709189/tmp/asd.htm

where did this come from may i ask? and who did it/how did they work this out? people never consider orange rare but I do admit i rarely have it occur....

but then i don't know who started the original colour guide, and I do admit we all might put too much faith into it, but as kubrows have been out so long it'll be hard to change peoples opionions of that. 

( I hope to be on the front of kavat breeding/research and make sure we do a better job of it...yey mild ocd) 

I have made a kubrow breeding guide and the more info I can put into it the better.... 

1 hour ago, OceanTempest said:

Most of the triple rare colored kubrows IMHO look like vomit, when someone mixes gold with blue and red it actually looks worser than you would put there some white or black in between, so I don't think the looks really matter for the kubrow price only the rarity itself. This promts a question is the merle kubrow going to be worth somewhat more than a regular pattern? Also the orange color is definitely rare and IMO looks better in mixes than gold because it isn't so bright, but what about the silver? That silver color is rare but there are already lots of different shades of gray(no, not 50), does the rarity alone will make the price for this color go as far as other rare colors?

it was already known merle was as rare as lotus, and I'm sure it mentions it on this post someplace, it sells for slightly more than common patterns as a rule, BUT people have placed all the value and most prefer lotus so I doubt it'll change much at this point. 

silver is one of those colours that tends to be ignored as its so close to the other shades of grey so I doubt people will value by it -even if it does turn out to be rare.... 

as for triples looking bad it is purely down to personal taste and colour harmony. a nicely matched coloured triple rare will often sell for more or be brought faster than an ugly one. -purely down to tastes.  for example I sell black/black/red lotus for more than a single rare because people want it/will offer more because it's such a nice colour harmony. a price guide is just a guide. 

I don't remember exactly where i 1st seen that picture with % before, but the names of colors are suggesting in game naming so i think it's very plausible. If i remember correctly that guy did some sort of datamining it's probably also the origin of the data from other guides. Orange being selled as rare should be considered it's like darker gold, and most people really get the price of those colors 1st from the guides i don't think changing people opinions on that would be so difficult, cuz most of them doesn't even know much about rarity, and even exitence of guides... People sometimes sell brown shades as gold, for the same price. As for the silver, the question is; Does it look different than other grays, and if it does is it actually worth selling as much as gold? I would think more about selling it as navy blue or dark brown.

Edited by OceanTempest

12 minutes ago, OceanTempest said:

I don't remember exactly where i 1st seen that picture with % before, but the names of colors are suggesting in game naming so i think it's very plausible. If i remember correctly that guy did some sort of datamining it's probably also the origin of the data from other guides. Orange being selled as rare should be considered it's like darker gold, and most people really get the price of those colors 1st from the guides i don't think changing people opinions on that would be so difficult, cuz most of them doesn't even know much about rarity, and even exitence of guides... People sometimes sell brown shades as gold, for the same price. As for the silver, the question is; Does it look different than other grays, and if it does is it actually worth selling as much as gold? I would think more about selling it as navy blue or dark brown.

problem is people are so set in the way of the kubrow it might be hard to change the value of things at this point, it's petty set in stone at this point sadly. 

people only sell brown as gold if they are new/don't know better and they are generally soon corrected by most other people. 

its the silver the one that almost looks like it has a purple hint on some kubrows? I'm not sure I honestly don't pay attention to silver. I need to go sift though my heaps of puppies and see if I have any with it. 

3 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

problem is people are so set in the way of the kubrow it might be hard to change the value of things at this point, it's petty set in stone at this point sadly. 

people only sell brown as gold if they are new/don't know better and they are generally soon corrected by most other people. 

its the silver the one that almost looks like it has a purple hint on some kubrows? I'm not sure I honestly don't pay attention to silver. I need to go sift though my heaps of puppies and see if I have any with it. 

An easy fix for these issues might just be by posting the RGB color values along with the "Name" of the color. If someone is looking THAT hard for a specific color, it's not terribly difficult to look up ways to get the RGB values of the colors they're looking for and ask for those values from the seller. It would makes things more tedious, but with differences in other people's color settings in game and differences in monitors, it's easy for a color to look like one thing to one player and a different shade to another.

Edited by Jeahanne

so with this is there any way to tell for each type like say how a hura is supposedly less common than the rest wouldn't that make hura or any other more uncommon types more expensive you know because one is already uncommon so its even harder to get something that is rare in that type

1 minute ago, wolfmaster58 said:

so with this is there any way to tell for each type like say how a hura is supposedly less common than the rest wouldn't that make hura or any other more uncommon types more expensive you know because one is already uncommon so its even harder to get something that is rare in that type

I think all the breeds/types all have the same chance of spawning.....

I think all the breeds/types all have the same chance of spawning.....

really i've always heard that some are more likely than another but I guess that was wrong one question that's really bugging me is why do people pay so much for these kubrows I mean I can get these are nice decorations but I mean why spend 300+ on it to make a profit selling it ? I know they are rare and hard to get but it seems like you should just farm them is this just like a endgame thing players do when they don't want to do much else?

Just now, wolfmaster58 said:

really i've always heard that some are more likely than another but I guess that was wrong one question that's really bugging me is why do people pay so much for these kubrows I mean I can get these are nice decorations but I mean why spend 300+ on it to make a profit selling it ? I know they are rare and hard to get but it seems like you should just farm them is this just like a endgame thing players do when they don't want to do much else?

Personal taste really, people like rare for the sake of rare, it's fun to go 'look I bred and achieved this'  or 'look iv'e made enough plat to buy this, I'm rich!' XD

Yeah eye/energy colors, and kubrow types have all equal chances, athletic types have 2:3 chance, skinny and bulky have 1:6 chances. Common colors have 1:14 chance, uncommon 1:28, and rare 1:56 chance, and there 8 colors for each one. Lotus and merle patterns got 1:16 chance, hound and domino 1:8, and striped and patchy got 5:16 chance. As for the height it's probably random or 1:3 per all types, it's unknown.

Personal taste really, people like rare for the sake of rare, it's fun to go 'look I bred and achieved this'  or 'look iv'e made enough plat to buy this, I'm rich!' XD

yeah atm I think this should be my way to make p because tbh it hasn't been all that hard to farm them and I can buy them and sell them for the same price most ot the time and yeah I had a couple of those moments myself then I learned how far it really gets you even if you have one worth 500+

4 minutes ago, wolfmaster58 said:

yeah atm I think this should be my way to make p because tbh it hasn't been all that hard to farm them and I can buy them and sell them for the same price most ot the time and yeah I had a couple of those moments myself then I learned how far it really gets you even if you have one worth 500+

I found you have to put in a good amount of plat to buy up cheep prints to combine and make better, to start you off, but it's well worth it, I make a nice amount of plat for both me and my partner these days XD (we have spent a good amount of real money on the game too, but hopefully wont need to any more becuase of breeding) 

Edited by morningstar999