Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Features for Stealth

TechnoFoxx1

Hello, TechnoFoxx1 here! :)

I really appreciate playing Warframe, even though I'm new to it. I'm really glad to be able join the closed beta, along with the thousands of players who have already participated in it. I also wanted to let you guys know that I'm not here just to play the game and enjoy it, but to help improve it and make it better for the whole community. I also hope that you guys also have the same goal as mine. I have played the game for quite a while now, and the UI, graphics, and the rest of the features are great, although the feature which, I think needs slightly more development is the stealth gameplay. In stealth mode, the actions that I can do are pretty much limited and that it seems as if the only thing I can do is crouch and wait for the soldiers to pass by, then continue to walk on.

So here, I made a list. Here are a FEW examples of features which I think, needs to be improved and some of which I think needs to be added:

1. (Maybe) ADD missions wherein you really have to get past it stealthily, otherwise it would be much more harder to finish.

2. Stealth kill animations, maybe around 3-5 (instead of having to charge our melee and hitting them in the back with a repetitive, dull animation of just swinging a blade, hammer, gauntlet, etc. ).

3. Less noise for melee weapons, specifically blades.

4. Being able to attach suppressors on weapons. (Low noise, but slightly lower damage.)

5. The ability to carry or drag bodies to hide them.

6. Corpses won't despawn.

7. Soldiers react or they become alarmed when they see dead corpses.

8. By 10twenty4 - Addional rewards for finishing missions on stealth.

9. By Sherbniz - More ways to get past through "levels" (or different areas in the map, if you prefer).

10. By Sherbniz - Enemies will home into you once they spotted you, and go to your "Last Known Location", and there is a radius where they would only search in your "Last Known Location" . If you stay hidden for a long time again, they will return to their regular positions.

Ok, so those are only a few of my ideas (and you guys :) ). If you all don't mind, please give your own ideas to add for stealth. You are all welcome to post them in the comments below. In my opinion, these things will add more freedom, enjoyment, development of teamwork, and less chances for people to get bored of the game. I'm not saying that it should become a stealth game, but my point is to make it a game that has its freedom and that allows (the) players to be able to choose their own way of going through missions. :) You can still play the game in a run-and-gun style, if you want. :)

Edited by TechnoFoxx1

the loki warframe already has the cloaking ability

and bodies do despawn

anyways, perhaps i could add in some other suggestions here

-the ability to climb to some ceilings if possible and if the enemy hasnt detected you beforehand to add in the element of surprise

-alternate, stealthier paths to enter certain rooms like, say, a narrow ventilation duct

just adding this in, feel free to ignore it if somebody suggested it already

I like it; since warframes look awfully like futuristic ninjas, it does make sense. It could be like a multiplayer Deus Ex.

There ought to be some sort of reward for picking "stealthy" routes though, otherwise there's little incentive since you're missing out on experience. For instance, perhaps tripping the alarm will block off certain treasure rooms.

I like it; since warframes look awfully like futuristic ninjas, it does make sense. It could be like a multiplayer Deus Ex.

There ought to be some sort of reward for picking "stealthy" routes though, otherwise there's little incentive since you're missing out on experience. For instance, perhaps tripping the alarm will block off certain treasure rooms.

I agree with you on that. Playing a whole match without getting detected is quite a pain, and it takes a lot of patience, skill, time, and coordination. Thanks, I'll add that to the list. :)

So here, I made a list. Here are a FEW examples of features which I think, needs to be improved and some of which I think needs to be added:

1. Stealth Kills (backstabbing, slitting throats with blades, etc. )

2. Less noise for melee weapons, specifically blades.

3. Being able to attach suppressors on weapons. (Low noise, but slightly lower damage.)

4. The ability to carry or drag bodies to hide them.

5. Corpses won't despawn.

6. Soldiers react or they become alarmed when they see dead corpses.

7. Addional rewards for finishing missions on stealth. (Thanks to 10twenty4 for the idea.)

Ok, so those are only a few of my ideas. You guys might also have your own ideas to add for stealth, and you are welcome to mention them in the comments below. In my opinion, these things will add more freedom to the game. You can still play the game in a run-and-gun style. :)

Love it!

Great thread, and some awesome ideas! :D

Here's some more ideas:

- More concealed areas to sneak through for bypassing some enemies, such as vents, paths under floor-grates and such.

- Enemies will currently home into you once they spotted you, even if they only investigate before there was even an alarm. Rather, there should be a "Last Known Location" system that sets a marker on the last place an enemy or camera has spotted you. Enemies will move towards this location to investigate until you get spotted in another location.

- More Movement abilities, such as the ability to climb overhead on pipes, hang and climb along ledges and grapple to a certain kind of wall maybe to climb along it.

- Bought Equipment Items (like Ammo Boxes, Health) that support stealth gameplay. Diversion devices that allow to trick enemies, like Noise Generators or Jammers.

- Allow Consoles to be hacked to end alarm status. Make it rather hard however, so it's a challenge, alarms can't be turned off fast and easy and as penalty for getting spotted in the first place.

- Different levels of alertness for enemies, that change dependant on how long the player has not been spotted.

Edited by Sherbniz

Great thread, and some awesome ideas! :D

Here's some more ideas:

- More concealed areas to sneak through for bypassing some enemies, such as vents, paths under floor-grates and such.

- Enemies will currently home into you once they spotted you, even if they only investigate before there was even an alarm. Rather, there should be a "Last Known Location" system that sets a marker on the last place an enemy or camera has spotted you. Enemies will move towards this location to investigate until you get spotted in another location.

- More Movement abilities, such as the ability to climb overhead on pipes, hang and climb along ledges and grapple to a certain kind of wall maybe to climb along it.

- Bought Equipment Items (like Ammo Boxes, Health) that support stealth gameplay. Diversion devices that allow

- Allow Consoles to be hacked to end alarm status. Make it rather hard however, so it's a challenge, alarms can't be turned off fast and easy and as penalty for getting spotted in the first place.

- Different levels of alertness for enemies, that change dependant on how long the player has not been spotted.

Thanks for the idea! :D

I selected some and added them to the list. :)