Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Snipetron (And Vulkar By Extension) Is Still Pretty Bad

krisp

I get that it does a lot of damage. I do. But does it really have to have such awful reload speed?

Four bullets plus awful reload means you'll spend most of your time reloading and god help you if you miss a shot. There's another weapon that's like that, except the Hek is a shotgun (therefore +50% magazine size instead of +25%, and overall better mods), it's harder to miss with it (because it's short range) and it reloads much faster.

Basically the snipetron forces you into spending 2 mod slots on things that barely make a difference, but that you need anyway because it's so annoying without them.

A nice simple fix would be to lower the reload time, so I don't have to jokingly say "brb taking a piss" every time I reload.

Anyone else feel this way?

You can have 5 bullets per mag and increase its reload speed. And then you can polarize it couple of times to make it better. What's the matter?

That the reload speed is still awful with or without the mod. This isn't something more polarities can fix.

Edited by krisp

You can have 5 bullets per mag and increase its reload speed. And then you can polarize it couple of times to make it better. What's the matter?

That's still very few rounds and the reload remains very annoying.

Those guns really do need a bit of a buff, though they must remain clunkier than the Latron (which is supposed to be more of an all-rounder).

Buddy snipetron is the best weapon in the game so far. Properly moded, it can 2-3 shot the lvl 80 heavy and it oneshots pretty much any mob with hits to the body, leg or whatever. So those 5 bullets are usually five kills in very short ammount of time. I can tell you that when I am using snipetron and everyone else are with heks and bratons/boltors, I almost always unintentionally get the most kills.

Why are you using the Vulkar or the Snipetron?  Lex is soooooo much better other then it doesn't have zoom.

Barrel Diffusion goes upto 120% Multi-shot you are are guranteed to double shot every shot, 6 rounds rather then 4 and the reload is 2.35 compared to a horrific 3.8.  Pistol Ammo is much easier to find and you start off with a butt load more ammo as well.

The only thing is getting the Barrel Diffusion but even without it I find it better because the ammo is much less scarce and the reload is much shorter.

The Non-Standard AP on the Vulkar kills it for anything but Infested which the better base damage does better, but why would you use a Sniper for Infested unless you are like me and use the Sniper for anything anyway XD.

I even find the Paris Bow better then the Snipetron because you aren't waiting for 3.8 of doing pretty much nothing while still getting the really high damage.  Also if you can line up enemies and one hit them you can kill multiple in a line rather then having to one shot eveything.  You also have the possibiliy that if you shoot straight up you can kill something with the arrow when it comes back down (done it a few times and is always a WTF did just happen Oo)

The Vulkar and the Snipertron are just completely outclassed by other weapons.  The HEK isn't so bad even with 4 shots because the Reload is only 2.15 but I have this feeling they nerfed the damage cause my Potatoed HEK doesn't do nearly as much damage as I though it did a few patches ago even at point blank range.

The Snipetron and Vulkar does get a nice V mod polarity as base so you can add Serration for lower points but that has kinda become void now that I added a V Polarity to the Bow.

Just my thoughts on it :)

Edited by Morte_de_Angelis

Guys you are all seriously delusional if you talk that bad about Snipetron and that new Vulkar gun. Either you didn't really upgrade the snipers that much or played with them enough to realize just how good they are when it comes to the high level missions. This makes me think that most of you guys only play up to lvl 20 mobs missions so down there, yeah snipers can't really shine, but let me tell you that in the void t3 missions, guy with a proper sniper usually does 3/4 of all frags no matter what other people use.

Edited by Twistank

Buddy snipetron is the best weapon in the game so far. Properly moded, it can 2-3 shot the lvl 80 heavy and it oneshots pretty much any mob with hits to the body, leg or whatever. So those 5 bullets are usually five kills in very short ammount of time. I can tell you that when I am using snipetron and everyone else are with heks and bratons/boltors, I almost always unintentionally get the most kills.

I seriously doubt that.

Honestly I don't really use my snipetron regularly in combat like most people seem to, it's used the reason snipers were made; to take out high value targets. Using it against high hp targets, then switching to secondaries for fodder, though I would love to just run around with just my snipetron it makes sense why the reload is so long. Use it conjunction with Banshee sonar and you can one hit almost anything.

Honestly I don't really use my snipetron regularly in combat like most people seem to, it's used the reason snipers were made; to take out high value targets. Using it against high hp targets, then switching to secondaries for fodder, though I would love to just run around with just my snipetron it makes sense why the reload is so long. Use it conjunction with Banshee sonar and you can one hit almost anything.

Just try it StrikeXII, with maxed Fast Hands mod, the reload is bearable and just use it from the hip for most of the time. It is a blast.

Ah and yes, I have only 4 bullets in mine snipetron =]

Tested against a level 33 ancient healer, level 5 serration, all other mods maxed (ap, multishot, fire). Does about half health in damage.

Not even gonna scratch a level 80. If you're implying I need Serration 10 or whatever, then I'll just straight up use my Braton and it'll do way better.

Edited by krisp

Buddy snipetron is the best weapon in the game so far. Properly moded, it can 2-3 shot the lvl 80 heavy and it oneshots pretty much any mob with hits to the body, leg or whatever.

Could you post any proof my good sir ? I find that very hard to believe.

Just try it StrikeXII, with maxed Fast Hands mod, the reload is bearable and just use it from the hip for most of the time. It is a blast.

Oh don't get me wrong I try to use it as much as possible (get more affinity) but even with the reload mod, it's still not short enough for me to warrant using it enough all the time. I really would love nothing more than to use it mainly but I'll stick to one shotting the bosses for now.

Personally used Vulkar but not the Snipetron. Tried it on a low-mid level area to level it up. I... I don't get why people complain about it SO much. Sure, the reload is sleepily slow but the damage and functionality of the weapon is for high damage over high ranges. It's basically a weapon where it trades off everything for more damage and the ability to put that damage across a very long range.

For those wondering where I used it, it's the Grineer Mining Station, where the Vulkar shines brightly. Even with the excessive zoom, I hardly miss my headshots.

Finally, I would like to have you all to ask DE to make more long ranged maps for them to live in, rather than asking for a buff on the guns. Maybe have an enemy type where they love to run from you and keep a good distance so aiming or using a sniper rifle would do wonders.

Edited by matrixEXO

Personally used Vulkar but not the Snipetron. Tried it on a low-mid level area to level it up. I... I don't get why people complain about it SO much.

Because other weapons do its job much better and with way less hassle. The snipetron isn't *useless*, it just isn't worth using.

Tested against a level 33 ancient healer, level 5 serration, all other mods maxed (ap, multishot, fire). Does about half health in damage.

Not even gonna scratch a level 80. If you're implying I need Serration 10 or whatever, then I'll just straight up use my Braton and it'll do way better.

Sorry bro but you are modding it wrong. And yeah, lvl 14 serration is required. My snipetron for example, oneshots lvl 42-45 ancient hitting weak spot of course.

It comes back to the point of having people allowing themselves to talk about stuff they didn't explore nearly enough to become competent to deal advice about it.

Because other weapons do its job much better and with way less hassle. The snipetron isn't *useless*, it just isn't worth using.

You don't get my point. Those guns have a goal to meet, and they meet it with perfection. It's like Grakata being a super ammo-eater at the cost of damage and reload speed. All weapons are designed that way. If you feel it's quite bad, maybe you ought to stop and think about whether such weapon goals are meant to suit you. Or maybe, how to improve the viability of the weapon OTHER than buffing them, if they did meet their mark without a serious detriment (Grakata pre-buff).

I got lv 30 snipetron fully moded (full seration, ap, multishot, fast hand), and it's a definetly no go for high mob level.After 4 shot your pretty much dead anyway, soo nope...not gonna work....unless you have someone kill 80% of mob while you pew the one that has 20% health left / normal mob then say the weapon work just fine.

My latron / lex handle sniper / support role much better than the actual sniper Btw

Edited by Barzah

Sorry bro but you are modding it wrong. And yeah, lvl 14 serration is required. My snipetron for example, oneshots lvl 42-45 ancient hitting weak spot of course.

It comes back to the point of having people allowing themselves to talk about stuff they didn't explore nearly enough to become competent to deal advice about it.

At that power level, the Braton is both more reliable and flexible. For one, I can kill anything instead of just ancients and not worry about reload.

I find the second line pretty offensive. I play since Closed Beta, and the Snipetron was one of the first guns I got. I don't need level 10 Serration to notice that other guns are outperforming it by a landslide.

You don't get my point. Those guns have a goal to meet, and they meet it with perfection.

I know one thing for sure: their goal isn't to be frustratingly slow to reload. And part of their goal is to make me want to use them. At the moment they aren't meeting it, so there can't be any talk about "perfection".

Personally, I find that the Snipetron is a beast against Grineer and Corpus, but much less useful against infested.

It's all about the mods you equip and the headshots. Max out critical chance and damage and you have a serious problem for these two factions.

The wiki has an excellent build:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User:User_Talk/Snipetron_Build_1

And yes, the Snipetron will sport a 50% crit chance once you max the mods.

I am sorry if you felt offended but you obviously didn't have experience about modding snipetron for high damage. I had a feeling you were not modding it properly and you confirmed it in one of your posts.

I'll make a bet with you. Come to the t3 void mission with me, you take the braton and I will make more frags then you at the end with snipetron every time. Oh and don't forget to take additional 2 rifle ammo boxes, I'll take one.

I know one thing for sure: their goal isn't to be frustratingly slow to reload. And part of their goal is to make me want to use them. At the moment they aren't meeting it, so there can't be any talk about "perfection".

The goal of these sniper rifles, I said before which you obviously didn't read, is for increased damage over ranges. This means damage dealt over immense ranges is a lot, compared to shotguns which deal extreme damages in close quarters only. Also, that means that anything NOT of their goal would be affected in compensation to it.