Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laser Plate Scarf

alexmach1

fFPyH90.png

While journeys to the Void rarely yield decent finds, these plates are not only abundant but also quite fashionable.   The original idea was to have a sort of shield on the player's back with several bits of cloth hanging off, and I decided to base the "shield" part on the laser plates you see all over the void.   The cloth is a bit simple at the moment until I trim down the polycount so I can get a good idea of how much cloth I can use without going over the limit.   Still in the WIP concept stage.   preview model here -> http://p3d.in/gikq2  

Iteration 1

pEHImn7.jpg

Iteration 2

Sudj2Dd.jpg

Iteration 3

wVJ0alJ.png

Iteration 4

hdsr5MO.png

Iteration 5

LcUyUlW.png

Iteration 6

C1SvZRe.jpg

Edited by alexmach1

10/10 would buy. i think depending on where bones are placed, you should be able to fake rigid bodies. for instance, if the bottom part only has 1 joint then it can really deform but it would still move with the bones through the un-supported cloth areas above it. Imagine the whole bottom part of the cloth that is supported by the metal rail is all skinned to one bone. 

edit: I think it would look nicer if you made it longer. Btw, is that shader built on that website, or was it imported? 

Edited by _Connor

Moved the lower trim to above the disc, made the cloth longer.

Sudj2Dd.jpg

http://p3d.in/gikq2

10/10 would buy. i think depending on where bones are placed, you should be able to fake rigid bodies. for instance, if the bottom part only has 1 joint then it can really deform but it would still move with the bones through the un-supported cloth areas above it. Imagine the whole bottom part of the cloth that is supported by the metal rail is all skinned to one bone. 

edit: I think it would look nicer if you made it longer. Btw, is that shader built on that website, or was it imported? 

The shaders are provided by P3D, custom ones are only for subscribers.

Personally I would favor the red ribbon below to be more tattered and darker, because the void is evil and old

The Void is clean and perfect, though. There is nothing visibly old about the Orokin Towers. So this syandana should also look physically flawless.

The Void is clean and perfect, though. There is nothing visibly old about the Orokin Towers. So this syandana should also look physically flawless.

I find it gives a hard and old vibe, even though it looks clean, even the lore is darkish, and stalker invades there for me usually, ok guess it's just opinion, so let's have both my dark red in taters and the clean bright red :D everyone wins we get our decorations, DE gets more money because 2 syndana not 1

On your 6th iteration the gold down the sides of the cloth is also supposed to be cloth-like i assume, right? If that's the case i'd consider giving it a greater variation in it's material, because right now to me it reads as the same metal as the gold tubing at the top, in which case it wouldn't be flexible. 

On your 6th iteration the gold down the sides of the cloth is also supposed to be cloth-like i assume, right? If that's the case i'd consider giving it a greater variation in it's material, because right now to me it reads as the same metal as the gold tubing at the top, in which case it wouldn't be flexible. 

Will you be adding detail to the fabric material, or leaving it solid? Either way it will definitely get my vote. 

I'm planning to make the cloth like the Isvara, where there's the base cloth surrounded by metallic trim. That way it doesn't look like floppy metal and it won't be just cloth either.