Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.9.0

DE_Adam

With these PvP mods being allowed in PvE, perhaps we can see some kind of weapon exilus slot? Would be nice, because there's no way I'm using weapon switch speed, movement speed when aiming, FoV changes, reloads while holstered, or any of this other stuff in place of damage or just about anything else.

Best post in this thread. Couldn't agree more.

Adding in those PvP mods to PvE is brilliant. The PvP mods are all very cool, modding things from oblique angles instead of just %DMG. Reloading while holstered, for example. Does this mean we are one step closer to multishot/serration mods dying a fiery death? Please say yes.

I dont get it why people are so cheery about the removal of the multishot and serration mods.

As I explained here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/522963-thanks-for-watching-devstream-59/?p=5887766

Expensive mandatory mods are the only way this game can separate new players from veteran players. Acquiring mods, Ranking level 10 mods and formaing the weapons multiple times is the only progression this game has. If you remove those mods you can easily get one of the strongest weapons of the game with the according mods in a week.

I do agree that it would be nice to have more variation possibilities in weapon builds, but not for that price.

I believe this was mentioned as a possibility (not confirmed but they didn't dismiss it) several devstreams ago.

I like the idea, but I do think there's an inherent problem with it - other than Serration and damage type mods (i.e. 8 elemental mods and however-many physical damage mods there are, probably 6?) what ISN'T a "utility" mod on a gun?  Is reload speed utility?  Is mag size utility?  I think we can all agree something like Eagle Eye is "utility" but what about Terminal Velocity or Sinister Reach?  On a Galaxion it's nice to have but on an Amprex it makes the gun far, far more useful in practice.

In short, I support the idea, but I worry we'll all die from the amount of salt that DE's choices about which mods are "utility" and which mods aren't will create.  I really, really want this to happen but...I fear the salt.  And no doubt at least one of those complaints will be justified.

Well, I for one know I don't use reload speed mods on anything except the Vectis, because anywhere else, you want as much damage as possible. Reloading quickly, large magazines, and other stuff like that don't mean much if you're dealing less damage to do it. It makes sense for those to be utility.

But one thing I stand by:

NO idea should be turned down just because of salt. EVER.

Hallowen event somewhere? oh gosh this time converter. Are u sure u got EDT timezone?

It'll likely be at noon CST (my timezone), because that's when most stuff like this takes place.

It's currently 10:28 AM CST.

Edited by Valsako