The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So. Pve Stuff Available Only Through Pvp?

Nesit1

If I was good at PVP I would have fun. :'(

Practice makes the master.

Sadly most players expect getting into pvp and killing everyone as if the other players were pve mobs. You may have a hard time at first, but you can learn some tricks and get some gear enhancements while you're progressing through pvp.

So.. you keep complaining of "PvE" content that is available trough PvP.

Well... I want to be able to get ANY Warframe and Weapon trough Conclave standing, including Primed stuff, and Stance mods too, since if I want to participate in PvP with those I don't want to be "forced" to do PvE stuff. And you can get your holster rate trough the other syndicates. ow about that? Will you be happy?

The game was from day one a PvE experience.

A small minority of people such as you kept cliaming for PvP. A lot of people stood against that because we KNEW it would take away/ mess with PvE eventually. And here we are. This is why a PvE focused game should not tack in PvP.

Umm... no we aren't asking for elitism, we are asking for equal treatment in the Cosmetics department.

The mods debate is a joke because you CAN obtain them without doing PvP at all.

The only elitist I see here is a  doche who wants to have all the nice stuff without effort and leave players who participate in Conclave out of completionism, joy or simply challenge in the dirt with no worthy reward and nothing to show their support for the Conclave DE created for them.

PvP'ers aren't snowflakes for requesting a worthy reward for their effort, practice and patience. PvE players who complain out of hatred for pvp without a single braincell set in "objective judgment" are the problem here.

your post is insulting and misinformation. you can only obtain PvP gear if you play PvP trade for them. that's not fair and because the game is primarily PvE all PvE gear (anything usable in PvE) should be obtainable in PvE. i never claimed it should be effortless on the contrary it should absolutely be harder to get then from PvP but the possibility should be there nevertheless.

asking for exclusive stuff available to a minority of players is the very embodiment of elitism. you are acting as if you don't already get rewards from PvP which you do but you want to be able to show the rest of us PvE scrubs how much "more better" you are and to that i must say no.

at this point it's clear to me i'm arguing with children so i'll stop here. i already posted my views and explanations about this issue countless times yet you come around again and again with the same BS arguments. i can just hope DE realizes why catering to the needs of a few needy children will ultimately be bad for the whole community. ty for your time.

The game was from day one a PvE experience.

A small minority of people such as you kept cliaming for PvP. A lot of people stood against that because we KNEW it would take away/ mess with PvE eventually. And here we are. This is why a PvE focused game should not tack in PvP.

Actually I didn't clam for PvP, actually I hated the first iteration of the Conclave. I also evade PvP as much as possible in many games. And I'm not saying Conclave is a perfect system, I actually had a breakdown when DE nerfed melee and the first batch of pvp mods in Conclave in quite some time contained only ranged mods.

I just find ridiculous that a PvP content suddently becomes usable in PvE for minor effect and everyone loses his goddamned minds.

Also, no one is forced to equip those mods or even obtain them and you can always trade, like you would if you don't like certain type of mission or you don't have the keys required.

What bothers me also is the misleading title, it's not PvE content locked behind PvP, it's PvP content locked behind PvP that you can use in PvE.

AND about DE saying PvP wouldn't affect PvE. that is still true because they were talking about balance not affecting, and DE's words aren't gospel, you don't have to take everything like it comes from a carving in a stone pilar crafter by the gods themselves.

AND to add further in the issue, almost all respectable PvP'ers DIDN¡T want Conclave mods in PvE, we wanted COSMETICS like sigils, syadanas, emblems, etcetera usable in both PvP and PvE, and STILL there are doches that think "PvP'ers don't deserve jack because I don't like PvP!"

final note: I'm begining to find hilarious the babblings of atom.

Edited by Nazrethim

PvE is all about grind. The content is not challenging as players have overpowered abilities. The only difficulty is more overpowered and cheesy enemies.

PvP is a place there skills matter. I can play just for the sake of competing with other players.

So? It's true that in PvE you need less skill, but that doesn't make it any less fun. You can challenge yourself by equipping less mods, getting 100%+ accuracy, take the least amount of damage and do missions with less experienced people to see if you can succeed.

In Pvp there are people who use cheesy tactics, team balance is iffy and the matches depend on host connection so its not all fun and games there. 

Actually I didn't clam for PvP, actually I hated the first iteration of the Conclave. I also evade PvP as much as possible in many games. And I'm not saying Conclave is a perfect system, I actually had a breakdown when DE nerfed melee and the first batch of pvp mods in Conclave in quite some time contained only ranged mods.

I just find ridiculous that a PvP content suddently becomes usable in PvE for minor effect and everyone loses his goddamned minds.

Also, no one is forced to equip those mods or even obtain them and you can always trade, like you would if you don't like certain type of mission or you don't have the keys required.

What bothers me also is the misleading title, it's not PvE content locked behind PvP, it's PvP content locked behind PvP that you can use in PvE.

AND about DE saying PvP wouldn't affect PvE. that is still true because they were talking about balance not affecting, and DE's words aren't gospel, you don't have to take everything like it comes from a carving in a stone pilar crafter by the gods themselves.

AND to add further in the issue, almost all respectable PvP'ers DIDN¡T want Conclave mods in PvE, we wanted COSMETICS like sigils, syadanas, emblems, etcetera usable in both PvP and PvE, and STILL there are doches that think "PvP'ers don't deserve jack because I don't like PvP!"

final note: I'm begining to find hilarious the babblings of atom.

What if one day instead of just pvp mods DE locks weapons behind pvp? Will you still be saying the same thing? I think you will so I think we should all blame people like you if that happens. Most pvers are fine with pvpers getting syndanas, badges and other cosmetics, but we draw the line when they get mods, weapons or even frames. 

Also I think there should be more than one way for people who dislike conclave to get the pvp locked mods. Right now for those people your only real option is to trade, but I think there should be another way to get them.

Edited by KarbineRoller

So? It's true that in PvE you need less skill, but that doesn't make it any less fun. You can challenge yourself by equipping less mods, getting 100%+ accuracy, take the least amount of damage and do missions with less experienced people to see if you can succeed.

In Pvp there are people who use cheesy tactics, team balance is iffy and the matches depend on host connection so its not all fun and games there. 

What if one day instead of just pvp mods DE locks weapons behind pvp? Will you still be saying the same thing? I think you will so I think we should all blame people like you if that happens. Most pvers are fine with pvpers getting syndanas, badges and other cosmetics, but we draw the line when they get mods, weapons or even frames. 

Also I think there should be more than one way for people who dislike conclave to get the pvp locked mods. Right now for those people your only real option is to trade, but I think there should be another way to get them.

I actually suggested in another thread Conclave weapons, but I presented something like this:

-You can get the weapons trough Conclave standing

-You can get the Weapon blueprint from the market requiring certain mastery rank (the blueprint, no the weapon)

-The blueprint requires you to farm some hard to get resources, craft another weapon as requisite.

-Conclave only saves the grind, MR required and build time.

-Weapons I suggested getting this treatment: Dragon Nikana and future weapons with Dragon (or Tiger, eagle or whatever) prefix (y'know, weapons for "Tenno masters").

Guess what? Fanatics still argued that no Weapon should be locked behind PvP, even when the weapon was available trough pve. This problem has it's roots in selfish people who don't want "the others" to have stuff, cosmetic or not.

The only option is trade, guess what? when Ash prime came out I hated defense mostly because Ash is terrible at defense, hilarious irony that the bp is a defense reward. My only options were Trade or bite my tongue and do a gamestyle I don't enjoy. It's totally fair that PvP mods be available trough PvP and tradeable and since none of the mods are mandatory no one is forced to have them. I do PvP and I'm not dumb enough to buy those, not even for PvP because I'm a melee player, much less I will use them in a PvE build.

After playing PvE for 1000 hours there is little fun left in it. And gimping yourself does not make it any more fun to play. Enemies are still brain less bullet sponges that one shot you. There is no skill involved in PvE, no skill can replace the damage mods on your weapon...

PvP can actually give you a challenge, allow you to defeat opponent by outsmarting them or using your aiming and movement skills. PvP is a game that does not need grind to create a lot of content. If you got "burned out" by warframe grinding I definitely recommend trying to master PvP. It won't be easy but you are rewarded for your skills rather then just by rng.

After playing PvE for 1000 hours there is little fun left in it. And gimping yourself does not make it any more fun to play. Enemies are still brain less bullet sponges that one shot you. There is no skill involved in PvE, no skill can replace the damage mods on your weapon...

I understand burning out on PvE, but saying there's no skill involved is just silly. If there's no skill involved, why do I consistently outdamage/outkill my teammates even when I'm leveling my gear?

IMHO, if you 'lock' PVE stuff behind a PVP gate, you are making 2 problems:

1. For people who don't like PVP -- you're forcing them to do something they don't want. Obvious enough.

2. For people who PVP -- you're introducing #1 into the equation. We already have people AFK-joining alerts just to get the rewards -- and we've already seen how toxic that can be. Do we really want "peope who hate PVP" to be forced to join in PVP and ruin the experience for everyone?

1. For people who don't like PVP -- you're forcing them to do something they don't want. Obvious enough.

2. For people who PVP -- you're introducing #1 into the equation. We already have people AFK-joining alerts just to get the rewards -- and we've already seen how toxic that can be. Do we really want "peope who hate PVP" to be forced to join in PVP and ruin the experience for everyone?

1- No one is forced since the mods aren't mandatory, but if you really really want them, you either trade or put effort into get them, just like you would if you don't like say interception but the prime drop you want is in interception.

2-Well that may be true sometimes, but that's not everyone's case. Some players maybe hate PvP because their first experiences were negative but if you play for certain amount of time you will experiment moments of awesome or funny moments like the time I saw a guy kill 4 with a single arrow (and I was one of the 4 corpses laughing).

1- No one is forced since the mods aren't mandatory, but if you really really want them, you either trade or put effort into get them, just like you would if you don't like say interception but the prime drop you want is in interception.

2-Well that may be true sometimes, but that's not everyone's case. Some players maybe hate PvP because their first experiences were negative but if you play for certain amount of time you will experiment moments of awesome or funny moments like the time I saw a guy kill 4 with a single arrow (and I was one of the 4 corpses laughing).

The highest I've seen was a 3 kill streak with one arrow

I've seen a jat kuttag party with 6 other people all downslam one Mr 3 at one time, I got 7free oro and watched as they lagged the game and their bodies flip out

The highest I've seen was a 3 kill streak with one arrow

3 other guys and me started meleeing each other and the guy just came last to the fight and shoot an arrow that just killed off all 4.

It was one of those random moments of awesome that make you laugh your arse off for quite some time.

I dont think DE has any problems forcing people doing what they dont want, I do remember how they used to talk about AW as something secondary and that they respected people who didnt play it, and now we have a warframe locked behind it.

Anyway I have the feeling that they're just testing the waters here, if enough people complain about these mods, they're most certainly adding them to the drop table of enemies you meet once in your lifetime with a 0,000001% chance to drop, and declare it was never intended for those mods to be only obtainable through PVP.

Ridiculous, PvE items should be set with PvE, and PvP with PvP,  no mix and match here.

Everybody has their own play-style and DE should try to respect that instead of gating a reward people would love by putting it behind a content most people didn't play this game for from the very beginning and by gaining it with only two choices. A. Putting money in the game by trade to buy it or B. Giving no choice to players with no plat but to play through contents they probably will not want to go through as most of the player base is based off PvE content not competitive game-play, If I wanted to PvP I'd play other games than stick with the PvP systems they tried to implement here, which believe me, needs a lot of work and improvements.

Edit: The only mix and match I'd support would be Archwings, but so many things are missing in Archwings that I wouldn't even want to deal with the content once I'm burnt out of it's game-mode, I'd love to see an integration from regular gameplay to Archwings which they already had introduced in Uranus (Sharkwing) and now with Jorda's quest and the Archwings raid although it hasn't been well perfected I kinda trust in D.E that they'll improve those game-play and make it fun for us in the future, however the main point, I just honestly believe PvE should stay respectively in it's own mode, just as PvP should be on it's own, they are TWO separate modes within Warframe.

Edited by MikeTheAshmigo