Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Crusader (Steam Update)

Flyhy

It's a shame this didn't get picked but I hope it wins Round Two.

I don't think this will ever get picked due to the theme ;) .

I will be working on other skins (more neutral / more in the warframe theme) and maybe participate in the polycount contest :).

Sadly you're probably right, even though DE conveniently forget their pumpkin heads, halloween and shamrock things, Bat winged themed shoulder guards, some weird butterfly syandana, bright purple kubrows , mesa's abilities in general, candy cane scythes, moustaches, and zen dojo gardens complete with Japanese style lanterns don't fit the "lore" of the game at all.Oh, and a batman/lotus cape.  But no.. a little metallic on the body? Blasphemy. 

Sadly you're probably right, even though DE conveniently forget their pumpkin heads, halloween and shamrock things, Bat winged themed shoulder guards, some weird butterfly syandana, bright purple kubrows , mesa's abilities in general, candy cane scythes, moustaches, and zen dojo gardens complete with Japanese style lanterns don't fit the "lore" of the game at all.Oh, and a batman/lotus cape.  But no.. a little metallic on the body? Blasphemy. 

excalibur himself is named after a British sword so even he doesnt fit by your logic but crusader has connotation with religion so that might be another reason DE would have to say no. japanese style laterns do fir with  ninja game IMO. i want this to be a ninja game anyway...

Awesome art OP

excalibur himself is named after a British sword so even he doesnt fit by your logic but crusader has connotation with religion so that might be another reason DE would have to say no. japanese style laterns do fir with  ninja game IMO. i want this to be a ninja game anyway...

Awesome art OP

It's too close to the modern era. It's the same reason we'll never see a warframe that looks like a modern soldier. It's not warframe enough. It's trying to turn a warframe into a medieval knight. It's trying to transplant medieval western aesthetics onto futurist, sci fi Warframe.

But you're also right: the names really dont fit the game's setting.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the better skins I have seen by far, and I feel as if you should elaborate on it further. A couple of notes,

1: Do not listen the people giving you crap for the skins theme, excalibur is named after a british knight king of legend, his alternate helmets are all named after knights of the round table. Stick with the knight theme, maybe change the name of the skin?

2: Make a more unique helmet to go with the look, something less like what we have seen before. I am thinking you go full knight with a visor and everything to really sell the idea. 

Edited by Chaz_Darkbane

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of the better skins I have seen by far, and I feel as if you should elaborate on it further. A couple of notes,

1: Do not listen the people giving you crap for the skins theme, excalibur is named after a british knight king of legend, his alternate helmets are all named after knights of the round table. Stick with the knight theme, maybe change the name of the skin?

2: Make a more unique helmet to go with the look, something less like what we have seen before. I am thinking you go full knight with a visor and everything to really sell the idea. 

Whatever you do, don't just listen to this guy. One of the things DE is not looking for is something that just takes influence from the modern day or from the rather immediate past. If I were to suggest anything, I'd suggest that you try to make your skin fit the current aesthetic of Warframe. Make it less of a Medieval British knight armor and more of a Tenno version of knight's armor.

Whatever you do, don't just listen to this guy. One of the things DE is not looking for is something that just takes influence from the modern day or from the rather immediate past. If I were to suggest anything, I'd suggest that you try to make your skin fit the current aesthetic of Warframe. Make it less of a Medieval British knight armor and more of a Tenno version of knight's armor.

that could work. Keep the same knight theme but lessen the crusader aesthetic. It hurts saying that though, that's what makes this skin amazing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

jeej my first post. :p

So I decided to give this tennogen thing a try and this is what i got so far.

It's still a work in progress but really wanted to share.

Feedback ,critique, comments are always welcome :)

UPDATE:

Finally uploaded to steam workshop.

Vote here if you want to :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551057437

Excalibur crusader skin (updated 9 nov 2015)

vMa2iWj.jpg

698TKLS.jpg

Slap on Aegis+Crusader Skin= Templar Knight. This is wicked cool