Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extreme Fps Drop When Hosting?

Luxangel7

Does anyone know what's going on? I have a very good pc, an 80mb/sec internet connection (Verizon fios) and have no problems whatsoever playing until I am joined by others on a level I am hosting.

Am I missing something? :{

(No router, tried disabling firewall, no antivirus etc etc, nothing changed)

Yeah I was having the same problem, playing at around 70FPS with everything maxed out, and at around 15 fps when hosting.

I lowered all settings when hosting and found that I gained about 5 fps, though I later got fed up of the ugly graphics and played around a bit to see what I could get away with...

I enabled 'Color correction' which I previously had disabled because I thought it looked strange, and now with it enabled I gained about 50fps when hosting. No idea how this works, but it did for me.

DoF also seems to increase my fps for whatever reason.

Edited by DanPaul7

op: i have problem. (any solotutions?)

idiot1: i have same problem

idiot2: i have same problem

game runs like garbage and always uses only 2 cores! try to play on win xp or disable dx11 in launcher. overclock cpu. set cpu power usage to 100% in windows settings. set all gfx settings to max performance. disable sync. etc etc. 

op: i have problem. (any solotutions?)

idiot1: i have same problem

idiot2: i have same problem

game runs like garbage and always uses only 2 cores! try to play on win xp or disable dx11 in launcher. overclock cpu. set cpu power usage to 100% in windows settings. set all gfx settings to max performance. disable sync. etc etc. 

There is no need for being incredibly unhelpful and rude.

The users who answered are not idiots for saying they have the same issue. On a practical side, they are helping me and possibly any dev who reads this determine that it isn't a localized problem just to me. On a personal side, they are being friendly and empathetic in telling me it's not my fault and they also have the same issue.

Thank you for your obvious suggestions. I have already attempted such measures but to no avail.