Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

Just now, Evanescent said:

I wonder how you would do  grineer chroma skin.

Probarly wouldn't. To do it wouldnt be impossible but his shape language isn't really suited for it.

Could make it work but I think other frames would work better.

The reason no one is touching chroma is that he's 2,5x the work compared to other frames, witch his pelt and everything.

24 minutes ago, fredaven said:

Probarly wouldn't. To do it wouldnt be impossible but his shape language isn't really suited for it.

Could make it work but I think other frames would work better.

The reason no one is touching chroma is that he's 2,5x the work compared to other frames, witch his pelt and everything.

Yeah, it's really sad.

How about for Atlas? I know the model's not in there but I think you could do some awesome work with him.

1 minute ago, Evanescent said:

Yeah, it's really sad.

How about for Atlas? I know the model's not in there but I think you could do some awesome work with him.

yeah atlas is an option. what i try to do overall is pick frames where the overall shape of it supports the style.

Valk for example, the body supports the style, the helmet doesnt really, I could of course do a custom helmet but I try to keep to frames where the shape as a whole supports it.

14 hours ago, fredaven said:

thanks dante!

Well the volt amp skin is ..kinda grineerish in style. There's details/some shape language that's off. IF i get an idea thats vastly different i might do a proper one.

please do!

im really curious how you would make full grineer themed Volt

3 minutes ago, IEpicWolfI said:

;'(

Sorry, to be blunt its just too much work for not enough payoff. Atleast currently, There's more attractive frames like loki/vauban/nyx that are played more and less work.

I wouldn't say never, it would be a fun challenge but with limited time you know:(

Figured I'll share some WIP, seeing how very few people around here actually share their process, their pitfalls and everything that goes wrong with making a skin.

So here's snapshots of a volt skin that im working on, read order is from left to right.

eMx0Bge.png

22 hours ago, fredaven said:

Figured I'll share some WIP, seeing how very few people around here actually share their process, their pitfalls and everything that goes wrong with making a skin.

So here's snapshots of a volt skin that im working on, read order is from left to right.

eMx0Bge.png