Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

23 hours ago, Evanescent said:

What do you think of breaking up the front plates somewhat? Vary the size of the plates with small ones overlapping the larger ones? The torso looks a bit monotonous atm in my eyes.

Forgot to answer this, I did that early on, but it felt to much like the previous volt skin I did. And I wanted a pretty "heavy" look to this.

2 hours ago, fredaven said:

Forgot to answer this, I did that early on, but it felt to much like the previous volt skin I did. And I wanted a pretty "heavy" look to this.

You certainly nailed the heavy look to it, the plate aesthetic is helping with that a lot. Also my wallet is ready o3o

Great work Faven. You are by far the most prolific Tennogen content creator, and the quality of your stuff is amazing!

Excalibur prime and frost prime want skins btw... (they essentially have no prime accessories so that wouldn't be a problem).

Edited by Jamescell

39 minutes ago, Jamescell said:

Great work Faven. You are by far the most prolific Tennogen content creator, and the quality of your stuff is amazing!

Excalibur prime and frost prime want skins btw... (they essentially have no prime accessories so that wouldn't be a problem).

we really can't do much with the primes currently, we dont have access to the prime "parts" unfortunatley. Sorry man:(

8 minutes ago, fredaven said:

we really can't do much with the primes currently, we dont have access to the prime "parts" unfortunatley. Sorry man:(

Well excalibur prime and frost prime don't really have extra meshes for their prime bits, it's just a spec map on those, so pretty much you could make a skin for either that can fit with both primes just by playing with the color pattern and the spec maps.

42 minutes ago, fredaven said:

Like Novatico said, neither have extensive changes compared to the defaults. The skins would just be normal skins, but they would be designed with the prime versions in mind (more extensive metallic textures in certain places that match prime metal than the current versions). Hopefully these skins would have much better color balance as well... the lack of gold on both is appalling, and the amount of primary color is much too much on frost. Not to mention how on both the primary and other color patterns aren't very well intertwined. It's all one thing or the other.

Edited by Jamescell

12 hours ago, Jamescell said:

Like Novatico said, neither have extensive changes compared to the defaults. The skins would just be normal skins, but they would be designed with the prime versions in mind (more extensive metallic textures in certain places that match prime metal than the current versions). Hopefully these skins would have much better color balance as well... the lack of gold on both is appalling, and the amount of primary color is much too much on frost. Not to mention how on both the primary and other color patterns aren't very well intertwined. It's all one thing or the other.

Making an excal prime skin seems like a bad deal to be honest, its a pretty rare frame, hard to justify the time spent on something thats only avaialable to founders.

Frost prime is obviously more common, but  (and this goes for all prime things) we dont know exactly where they place the prime parts, so its hard to make the skin "fit" the prime.

Unless you're talking about just adding a boatload of PBR metal to match up with the PBR gold on the primes..

10 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

I absolutely LOVE your skins Im going to be building my own G frame company!

Reveal hidden contents

B2SVtlZ.jpg

JWebZZ5.jpg

Haha, well, fingers crossed that a couple more of them make it in then.

I like what you did with Volt. Love the helmet, the scheme and ESPECIALLY, the chest. The only thing that I didn't like/prefer are the thighs. I felt that the chest and those shoes gave a sort of futuristic feel and clothes wrapped around his thighs kinda felt out of place to me. Keep it up though!

47 minutes ago, CapAllan said:

I like what you did with Volt. Love the helmet, the scheme and ESPECIALLY, the chest. The only thing that I didn't like/prefer are the thighs. I felt that the chest and those shoes gave a sort of futuristic feel and clothes wrapped around his thighs kinda felt out of place to me. Keep it up though!

glad you like parts of it ;)

The entire base body is actually that wrapped cloth, abdomen, neck,arms, legs. It's kinda meant to be this suit-ish thing that got metal on vital areas. 

thats quite a leap of logic there from cleavers to nyx ;)

The annoying part with nyx is that her body is basically excals with boobs. I'm still a bit fresh off excal to want to venture into that dark and dreadfull world again

3 hours ago, fredaven said:

The annoying part with nyx is that her body is basically excals with boobs. I'm still a bit fresh off excal to want to venture into that dark and dreadfull world again

^^^ Pretty much, they even use the UV map so you could literally just recycle the excal skin and use it on nyx, but nooooo we can't do that >_> *looks at bugged excal in relay using nyx's immortal skin the excal model*

4 hours ago, fredaven said:

thats when you get to be creative and mix things up :3 Are you planning on doing custom helmets for your grineer skins moving forward? like with Volt?

And I dont know if its to early to ask but who are you thinking on working on next?

Also LOVE that syndana! If Volt gets added and that syndana, I am definitely using it on him!

Not sure what ill work on next, might be for another game, will see. I still got loki on my list. I need to crack that one.

Custom helmets are kinda case by case tbh. I aspire to not make custom helmets if it can be avoided.

thanks btw;)