Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

Holy crap, you made Baruuk look way better than he does by default. Keep up the good work! Would love to see some Graxx operator accessories if you ever have the time/inclination, my operator needs more Grineer stuff =P

• Like 1

On 2019-05-14 at 3:50 PM, -QUILL_PETER- said:

I'm buying Zeny-not-a no matter how the eyes look, but I wonder if flattening them out could give them a more solemn vibe?
ZNuNEdZu.jpg

I approve this message.  I see too much of the Doctor Who “Metal Men” (?) atm with Naruto animation hair.

Cybermen.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberman

It’s like you took a Naruto kid (Shikimaru) and Cybermen and made a mash-up...need more Graxx.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&source=hp&ei=qBTlXMf5GKfX5gKMwJaYDA&q=shikamaru&gs_ssp=eJzj4tTP1TcwSTItqjJgBAASwQL3&oq=Shikim&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.0.46i10i275j0j0i10j0j0i3j0j0i10l2.3845.5259..7362...1.0..0.144.574.4j2......0....1.......8..35i39j46i39j46i131j0i131j0i67j46i67j46j46i10.OyB9ZBkBZqA

On 2019-05-14 at 3:45 PM, fredaven said:

Vn2CUpT.jpg

this is where its at atm. eyes are still TBD 

See my above links...I see a bit too much of Doctor Who’s Cybermen with Naruto’s Shikimaru “hair”.  Keep going and give us DAT GRAXX THAT ONLY YOU CAN!

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 2019-05-22 at 11:19 AM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I approve this message.  I see too much of the Doctor Who “Metal Men” (?) atm with Naruto animation hair.

Cybermen.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberman

It’s like you took a Naruto kid (Shikimaru) and Cybermen and made a mash-up...need more Graxx.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&source=hp&ei=qBTlXMf5GKfX5gKMwJaYDA&q=shikamaru&gs_ssp=eJzj4tTP1TcwSTItqjJgBAASwQL3&oq=Shikim&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.0.46i10i275j0j0i10j0j0i3j0j0i10l2.3845.5259..7362...1.0..0.144.574.4j2......0....1.......8..35i39j46i39j46i131j0i131j0i67j46i67j46j46i10.OyB9ZBkBZqA

See my above links...I see a bit too much of Doctor Who’s Cybermen with Naruto’s Shikimaru “hair”.  Keep going and give us DAT GRAXX THAT ONLY YOU CAN!

You just talkin about the helmet or the whole skin?

On 2019-05-14 at 7:45 AM, fredaven said:

this is where its at atm. eyes are still TBD 

That helmet is looking pretty cool! Liking how it looks kinda like a pilot helmet, what with the separated frontal visor.

Speaking of cool, (and I’m sure you’ve been asked this before so forgive me if I’m beating a dead horse) are there any plans to potentially revisit Frost Graxx and give him a custom alt-helmet ala Excalibur Graxx, or maybe even a new Graxx skin like Gnova? 

Edited by FrostPrime

16 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

You just talkin about the helmet or the whole skin?

The helmet more than the skin but both.

Faven takes these frames and invigorates and transforms them with his Graxx theme, which I haven’t yet seen with Baruuk.  

As of yet, disparate influences still dominate and the Graxx breakthrough hasn’t happened. 

I have confidence it will, and my criticisms are just information from a different viewpoint for Faven to apply or not apply towards the final product as he sees fit.

Yea @Yatus is the only 1 who did create Frost helmet in totally different directions and become amazing looking helmet that is coming in global build. You @fredaven can create new graxx helmet for Frost in that similar direction....please. Because as you can see that there is other way for Frost that is not in some mushroom helmet style and direction,but more in normal looking head style that is fitting for him and probably his helmet is going to bee cool on deluxe body skin... so its a win win in every way for the fashion. 😁😊

Edited by Vlada91
  • Like 1

First color/tint test with the eyes modeled in, got a seconadry version of the helmet prepped without eyes, just incase.

Still work in progress, might revert the faceplate to be full metalic, but not sure sure yet.RAaMQsh.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, fredaven said:

First color/tint test with the eyes modeled in, got a seconadry version of the helmet prepped without eyes, just incase.

Still work in progress, might revert the faceplate to be full metalic, but not sure sure yet.RAaMQsh.jpg

Wow nice job,and dont worry about the eyes because grax excal have them so in the end hee look weary cool... I just wish to see more 😊👍

4 hours ago, fredaven said:

Will the helmet/mask have any partical effects? I remember your Atlas graxx had some steam coming out of his chest/neck unless he always had that even on his normal skin.

Edited by (XB1)TwitchingFool0

This Baruuk tennogen might be the reason for me to actually build him. Another amazing work my man.I know its too soon to ask of you, but do you have any plans to do a tennogen for Wisp or Hidlryn in the future, i need it for reasons.

14 hours ago, Ulgorn said:

This Baruuk tennogen might be the reason for me to actually build him. Another amazing work my man.I know its too soon to ask of you, but do you have any plans to do a tennogen for Wisp or Hidlryn in the future, i need it for reasons.

Or new graxx Frost alt helmet 😏

17 hours ago, Ulgorn said:

unknown.png

some lunchtime doodling on wisp.

• Like 7

On 2019-05-27 at 1:46 AM, FrostPrime said:

That helmet is looking pretty cool! Liking how it looks kinda like a pilot helmet, what with the separated frontal visor.

Speaking of cool, (and I’m sure you’ve been asked this before so forgive me if I’m beating a dead horse) are there any plans to potentially revisit Frost Graxx and give him a custom alt-helmet ala Excalibur Graxx, or maybe even a new Graxx skin like Gnova? 

Ah i gotcha. Cause i got confused there when you said it resembles a Doctor Who’s Cybermen with Naruto’s Shikimaru “hair”. I honestly only saw it as a Grineer medicine man, with the markings on the mask with the tuft of "hair" looking more like feathers coming off that mask.

On 2019-05-27 at 7:08 AM, fredaven said:

Nooo, I say don’t revert it!  The Ghostly, mystical Yokai-effect is this monk frame’s GRAXX!  

You might try experimenting by stretching the eyes on the vertical axis ever so subtly and the glowing mouth parts as well (simply adding an additional row of glowing dots to the bottom to accentuate the scowl.)

And then compare.

I won’t go into the pop-culture influences I see (unless you want), but the organic vibrancy serves to enhance your Graxx Brand while at the same time offering something newly evolved and bold.

👏 BRAVO.  Would buy!  Love this.

On 2019-05-28 at 9:49 AM, fredaven said:

unknown.png

some lunchtime doodling on wisp.

Thats why you're my favorite tennogen artist! Nun theme is already looking good. Definetely a must buy once its done. Take your time. Btw is she wearing a gatherbelt? Dunno if it is intentional or not but that a spicy detail.

56 minutes ago, Ulgorn said:

Thats why you're my favorite tennogen artist! Nun theme is already looking good. Definetely a must buy once its done. Take your time. Btw is she wearing a gatherbelt? Dunno if it is intentional or not but that a spicy detail.

the idea is to have the tint/materials to feel a bit like a garther yeah;)

On 2019-05-21 at 8:42 PM, Shad0wWatcher said:

Nobody does fabric quite like you do man, so far so good

Agreed! It's going in a very different direction than it initially seemed like it was going to, but it isn't bad by any means.

I agree that maybe the "eye-holes" could be stretched a bit, either vertically or maybe even horizontally. Better yet, I think they would be improved by making them less circular (or in other words, subtly more angular and almost angry-looking). The fact that there are "eye-holes" at all already evokes Grineer, so that aspect wouldn't be lost. Just a thought. If this does turn out to be the final draft, then that would be fine too.