Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

• 3 months later...

Seems a bit too simple, imo. For one, the front torso detail doesn't pop out like it does in your Nov. 4 image above. Second, the rest of the body is too plain and could probably use some similar detail as that found on the front of the torso. Just some constructive criticism.

Seems a bit too simple, imo. For one, the front torso detail doesn't pop out like it does in your Nov. 4 image above. Second, the rest of the body is too plain and could probably use some similar detail as that found on the front of the torso. Just some constructive criticism.

I think thats fair feedback, doing some small fixes now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can probably make them more gritty around cavities and a little more beat up like the Ogris/Nukor. I also recommend adding wider margins between major armor pieces like those found on the Ack&Brunt. You can probably add some edges on the plating itself to help them pop out rather than looking as though they just follow the body, and you should make plates take up the majority of space with details in between(the biggest offender being the back of the frost skin). Here's the marelok and nukor images I use for reference.

attachment.php?attachmentid=430083

attachment.php?attachmentid=430084

attachment.php?attachmentid=430046

attachment.php?attachmentid=430047

Edited by alexmach1

9 hours ago, alexmach1 said:

You can probably make them more gritty around cavities and a little more beat up like the Ogris/Nukor

Without having my own version ding to much wear/tear is dangerous, the DDS compression with the additional complexity of tint masks so far seems to = heavy artifacts on anything that's to small. Without having a proper version of the engine its hard to test this.,

high poly sculpt in zbrush.
-Around 24 mil 
-Polypainted and then use the Vertex colors as material ID

baked down to the low poly in knald ( a baking program that uses the GPU) 

Any additional detail made in NDO or substance painter.

Texturing in substance painter 

• 2 weeks later...

dnedNSr.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669011456

I'm in the process of updating the "warpaint", better edges etc. Was out of town last week so totally missed the very short announcment. Hopefully if any of them get selected I'll have a chance to update the paintover on that stuff.

I got a question though. At the moment the warpaint is another color.

Apgi1an.png

But I've been playing around with the idea of making the pattern a brighter/darker hue instead and freeing up tht color.
zI8RkpW.png

Thoughts, anyone?

• 4 weeks later...