Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

I think that rail feels a little unnatural for Grineer... was expecting to see more bulbous, organic-Grineer-style "flap" shapes. I also expected something really long and exaggerated, would probs be a legit enough reason to avoid it though, dunno what your intentions are for the forms in this piece (besides it being Grineer of course). Hopefully there is something useful in there... Maybe a good time to do some paintovers and/or sketches?

Big fan of your work, always a joy watching your threads!

Edited by Syncrasis

1 hour ago, fredaven said:

the entire rails/top bit there I'm pretty confident ill do something cool with. that's the somewhat easy part. Its the rest that's pissing me off:D

I feel like Nyx (especially if you're doing the rails) would look neat with scorpion / heavy gunner limbs (that is to say, partially robotic)

Maybe have one leg be robotic, with some wires and tubes perhaps running down from her upper back to where the robotic limb(s) start.

'Course, you probably know a lot more about design and modeling than I do, so y'know.

6 hours ago, Dogefighter said:

I feel like Nyx (especially if you're doing the rails) would look neat with scorpion / heavy gunner limbs (that is to say, partially robotic)

Maybe have one leg be robotic, with some wires and tubes perhaps running down from her upper back to where the robotic limb(s) start.

'Course, you probably know a lot more about design and modeling than I do, so y'know.

I guess someone like Trinity or Nekros should get this since they already have some weird ropes (or what ever that thiengies are) hanging out of the head / body. And to fit to the Graxx Theme these ropes (or whate hek that is) should be replaced by wires and and stuff.

43 minutes ago, fredaven said:

TQ5qszk.pngCONc0dy.png

Current mohawk makes her look like ember. still a placeholder. the rest is slowly moving there

Could you give her the same effect like Volt's Graxx Helmet does with the steam coming out of the tubes? That'd be amazing!

3 hours ago, fredaven said:

TQ5qszk.pngCONc0dy.png

Current mohawk makes her look like ember. still a placeholder. the rest is slowly moving there

If I could make a suggestion. How about moving the mohawk back a little and making the "blade" reach all the way back and make it a hook of some kind. Just a thought.

In my opinion, the main difference is that Nyx' Mohawk, if placed from the front, will reach the very back of her head. Same logic from back, to very front. It looks more like some kind of appendage than a special haircut or fashion attribute (Ember).

it also reflects some kind of "lure" or antenna, like you can see on deep fishes or insects. Something to distract your attention, or gathering psychic energy, as she is about to control your mind. While Ember's mohawk is just emphasizing a flame.

Edited by matto

3 hours ago, MrM1 said:

Could you give her the same effect like Volt's Graxx Helmet does with the steam coming out of the tubes? That'd be amazing!

That'd be pretty nifty or something else unique.

(Custom Frost Graxx helmet clearly needs steam with his design too :o)

10 hours ago, Retequizzle said:

These skins look pretty damned good, I have to say.

But where's Graxx Mesa?

7zveJPk.jpg

I guess if fredaven wants to make a Graxx Skin for every warframe then Mesa would be one of the last since she isn't really popular (and is hard to get so her reputation falls even more).

2 hours ago, MrM1 said:

I guess if fredaven wants to make a Graxx Skin for every warframe then Mesa would be one of the last since she isn't really popular (and is hard to get so her reputation falls even more).

It's a shame she isn't too popular, since she's freakin' amazing

Edited by Dogefighter

yeah mesa isnt top of the list im afraid. a couple of reasons for it. as you say she's not super popular so would take a very long time to ever make the return on that work. esepcially seeing how grineer themed stuff is already niche. 

Mesa also have a very specific topology (her shape). which basically limits you to what to do.

gUPyMum.jpg

K9QIqjI.jpg

2D2hBP9.jpg

Front of helmet is a bit simple at the moment and tehres quite  bit of normal detail that I will add but the large playing pieces are in play.

Got plans for the folded up mohwak but need to try them out

not liking the eyes either. 

Edited by fredaven