The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

3 hours ago, fredaven said:

yeah, the generally idea is to have many vents, a walking talking chemical weapon.

I *want* to have quite a lot of tubing. but its not as easy as it sounds..does it sound easy?

With tubing and cables you always need to try to put that stuff *away* from camera, the shoulders suffers from 2 thing. They are very close to the camera, so at glancing angles cables or tubes will just look super super flat and fake.
The shoulders also suffer from a very small UV. Check out the standard skin in-game. You can see the slight pixelation. That means that you don't want to add something that's super high fidelity.

I might do something similiar to the diriga on the shoulders.

Yeah, I'm aware of the limitations you face with Tennogen. Literal tubes wouldn't be possible without model alterations (a no-go). I figured you could figure out a way to embed tubes into the armor, or give it the appearance of being encased with the casing matching the poly model. This is your area of expertise not mine, you'll figure out something that works as always.

Something else:

3 hours ago, fredaven said:

The shoulders also suffer from a very small UV. Check out the standard skin in-game. You can see the slight pixelation. That means that you don't want to add something that's super high fidelity.

Isn't that going to be an issue in the future? DE has yet to update Saryn's textures to the PBR system, what if they decide to fix that outdated modeling too? Is that going to screw up alternative skins?

On 10/1/2016 at 2:08 PM, fredaven said:

yeah, the generally idea is to have many vents, a walking talking chemical weapon.

I *want* to have quite a lot of tubing. but its not as easy as it sounds..does it sound easy?

With tubing and cables you always need to try to put that stuff *away* from camera, the shoulders suffers from 2 thing. They are very close to the camera, so at glancing angles cables or tubes will just look super super flat and fake.

I might do something similiar to the diriga on the shoulders.

I really wish they'd let you rework the body model :l

6 hours ago, Brachion said:

If it's possible, I'd suggest leaving some of Saryn's more organic-looking parts untextured so they're invisible, like in the Valkyr Amazon skin. That might help with the Grineer look a bit.

that takes away some of the challenge :) Maybe we'll see

5 hours ago, Omni_Omega said:

Holy F*** dude 

Do you sleep? Like, ever?

Yes, but when I dont sleep i work :)

lngXrHh.png

Evening update. slow going today, had some issues with legs. but base shapes are down now for legs.

To do:

Lower-arms/hands
Back
-Detail legs
-Detail lower back
-Detail those big &#! shoulder things
-Helmet

Practically done eh....

11 hours ago, fredaven said:

Qzv0vwU.png

helmet looks vaguely reminiscent of excal.
Looks nice my man.

Quick question though, how do you think it will work on Saryn Prime? Can you just completely over ride the prime's models and use the default model with the skin over it?

Asking bc muh saryn prime stat buffs

Just now, Jerakl said:

helmet looks vaguely reminiscent of excal.
Looks nice my man.

Quick question though, how do you think it will work on Saryn Prime? Can you just completely over ride the prime's models and use the default model with the skin over it?

Asking bc muh saryn prime stat buffs

DE *needs* to override the prime on this one. The prime model is basically a new saryn. most of the body is covered by prime stuff.

helmet is just in early stage so will change a bit I suspect

Just now, fredaven said:

DE *needs* to override the prime on this one. The prime model is basically a new saryn. most of the body is covered by prime stuff.

helmet is just in early stage so will change a bit I suspect

Aight so it's not really up to you then.

Yeah, the slight little horn reminded me kind of excal's helmet.

the cable/wire/tube/tentacle things coming out the bacj of the head look v nice tho.
Assuming they're tubing it goes real nice with the toxic industrial-ish kinda aesthetic the grineer tend to have.