The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

I just finished looking at the sketchfab file and here's what I've observed.  The helmet seems to be really flat design wise.  There's nothing breaking up the surface, that makes your eye stay there, like a focal point.  The other thing is there seem to be an obvious seam separating the butt, crotch and the legs.  It seems like the normals don't match in direction therefore creating the obvious seam.

16 minutes ago, raydog said:

I just finished looking at the sketchfab file and here's what I've observed.  The helmet seems to be really flat design wise.  There's nothing breaking up the surface, that makes your eye stay there, like a focal point.  The other thing is there seem to be an obvious seam separating the butt, crotch and the legs.  It seems like the normals don't match in direction therefore creating the obvious seam.

yeah im trying to figure out why there are seams. shouldnt be.Theres  no seams in substance painter.

0WIm0V8.png

Edited by fredaven

23 minutes ago, fredaven said:

yeah im trying to figure out why there are seams. shouldnt be.Theres  no seams in substance painter.

That's just a quirk of Sketchfab and UV seams. A good example is Nova's model, look at her in Sketchfab or Toolbag and you'll see lots of seams around her hips
vrL17ji.jpg
This happens in-game as well (though not as apparent). There's really nothing you can do, and Saryn's UV seams are far better laid out so I doubt anyone will notice.

Just now, Artarrwen said:

That's just a quirk of Sketchfab and UV seams. A good example is Nova's model, look at her in Sketchfab or Toolbag and you'll see lots of seams around her hips
vrL17ji.jpg
This happens in-game as well (though not as apparent). There's really nothing you can do, and Saryn's UV seams are far better laid out so I doubt anyone will notice.

Yeha i double checked in toolbag as well. i think its most def sketchfab in this case. It got me confused though since I dont have it in any other skin. 

I've changed some textures to be tri-planar and increased the UV padding on the baked normal. gonna see if that fixes it

2 hours ago, Naith said:

Upon seeing the recent hotfix to TG Excalibur's icon I was hoping Frost Graxx's pattern had been updated from its fuzziness, alas, it has not D':

the fuzzyness is tricky it has to do with the size of the UV islands, 

2 hours ago, Naith said:

Upon seeing the recent hotfix to TG Excalibur's icon I was hoping Frost Graxx's pattern had been updated from its fuzziness, alas, it has not D':

it was only half fixed I just saw. the icon is fixed. the preview isnt. meh