The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

OK well I'll be honest and say that I can't really pick out a difference between #1 and #2 except that #1 seems more zoomed in than 2?

So between 1 and 3 I really like 1 because I do rather like the eyes, but 3 is still great and I be totally happy with either of them.

2 hours ago, MrM1 said:

Why not all? Can't you do something similar you did with the Excal Graxx skin?

And this would be even more win, a 2-for-1 special!

So far that's been like a "fredaven exclusive" haha

Cheers
~R~

1 or 2 (can't tell the difference)

What if you use 3 to make a Graxx alternative? With the kind of Grineer painting you do on your skins. So it will fit even better with your previous work.

Or just the opposite. 3 regular, 1/2 Graxx.

And it will justify the price because, let's be honest, 6€ for one helmet is a bit too much...

Edited by matto

8 minutes ago, matto said:

1 or 2 (can't tell the difference)

What if you use 3 to make a Graxx alternative? With the kind of Grineer painting you do on your skins. So it will fit even better with your previous work.

Or just the opposite. 3 regular, 1/2 Graxx.

And it will justify the price because, let's be honest, 6€ for one helmet is a bit too much...

pretty sure you cant do multiple helmets that looks exactly the same except camo/eye thing as one package. 

My thinking is to do 1 that works for both regular and graxx (thus the eyes).

3 hours ago, Rolunde said:

really pick out a difference between #1 and #2 except that #1 seems more zoomed in than 2?

the difference is around the eyes. I redid the linework because it bugged me

edit:

00a8b3I.png

Works pretty ok atm for both skins.

Edited by fredaven

19 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Seems a bit too shiny for Rhino's texture. It will work well with palatine but the normal skin doesn't play with it too well.

theres no winning there. the current rhino isnt PBR, its the old texture still. When they update that it will change.

as for shinyness. I\ve heard this before, I am slightly curious why people say that. This isnt done in-engine but in external renders so the shine&gloss is different.

Material wise for these renders I actually made my own roughness map for the armor bit (it doesnt come with the model. So in the screens the helmet/body have the exact same roughness levels.) Roughness is what controlls the level of shine.

If it turns out its to shiny in-game if it gets accepted. I'll cross that bridge then.

Probably the last one (if you gonna sell them separately) since Rhino doesn't have any standalone tennogen helmets.

nevermind i was late lmao

also, will that side proc a smoke like volt graxx? because damn it will be nice if it were like that

Edited by rei.ief
late answering ._.

On 11/5/2016 at 9:07 AM, fredaven said:

theres no winning there. the current rhino isnt PBR, its the old texture still. When they update that it will change.

as for shinyness. I\ve heard this before, I am slightly curious why people say that. This isnt done in-engine but in external renders so the shine&gloss is different.

Material wise for these renders I actually made my own roughness map for the armor bit (it doesnt come with the model. So in the screens the helmet/body have the exact same roughness levels.) Roughness is what controlls the level of shine.

If it turns out its to shiny in-game if it gets accepted. I'll cross that bridge then.

As soon as you activate Iron Skin on either version of Rhino his body texturing goes right out the window anyhow. So I think it's a really good move to focus on the helmet looking good on its own merits and then hopefully someday we'll get that PBR for Rhino to bring him up to par. ;-)

Because of that I've actually set up a look for my Rhino Prime using the Graxx with the idea that I won't generally be using Iron Skin on him at all and can then enjoy his look, haha

Spoiler

BA74C9FEC76469A9F24E4009F28E841331695975 (1680×1050)

4549D9A3EDBD1077398623DFF067C7FF7E1FE819 (1680×1050)

On the non-Prime even the Rubdo skin gets kind of messed up by the Iron Skin texturing =p

Spoiler

D6946711B864CC70A416A8FA0CEB4742776BFEE7 (1680×1050)

So anyhow, again I'm all in support of just making the helmet look really cool (and it does). And then maybe DE can step it up (Challenge issued!), give him the PBR treatment and get the rest of him to match. ;-)

Edited by Rolunde

11 hours ago, Dogefighter said:

They already announced what got in, Saryn was one

When?
Haven't been paying attention lately.

Found it :^)

11 hours ago, Rosellaa said:

#SarynIsLove

Literally the only frame I play

Edited by Jerakl
dagafdgh