Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

6 hours ago, fredaven said:

I kinda like it.

hL75m6e.png

Afaik we cant give 4 different emessives, so it will be X effect that just takes color from the emessive. Wheter those beams are fire-pattern or tiny little leafs falling is the only thing I can controll. Can't make multiple effects.

Maybe turn the effect into smoke, and if possible, make it exhale in intervals like it's breathing.

That way I personally think it could give the impression of a dragon "casually" breathing.

And since Chroma's theme is a dragon I think it could fit quite nicely.

And wouldn't it be cool if the dragons breath is the color of what he spits out? I know I think so. =P

Edit: Or just like a machine releasing pressure in form of steam now and then.

Giving the impression of the force held within the frame.

If going this route, it could give the option to add additional exhaust pipes on the body and/or back aswell.

Edited by PrinceDamien
  • Like 1

Just wanted to add my two cents to the whole "Change the fire effects" thing:

I personally think it works thematically for Chroma Graxx and the Grineer as a whole. Out of all the elements, fire/heat is what the Grineer use most in their units, weapons, and manufacturing processes (like their assembly lines and all those open heat vents on multiple tilesets), and while his lore says Chroma is an ancient hunter who masters the elements, we can't deny his dragon influences, and while there are multiple elemental dragons, fire is usually what comes to mind first when we imagine these magnificent, powerful beasts. When it comes to this skin, the fire effects could add to Chroma Graxx being the burning embodiment of Grineer strength, rage, and fury.

In the end though, it all comes down to what Fredaven wants to do.

11 hours ago, fredaven said:

I kinda like it.

hL75m6e.png

Afaik we cant give 4 different emessives, so it will be X effect that just takes color from the emessive. Wheter those beams are fire-pattern or tiny little leafs falling is the only thing I can controll. Can't make multiple effects.

For me you are the most talented frame artist that we all know. And for now I can see that you work faster then before. And for that I liked,maybe sometimes its not looking best for example Frost helmet. But this right now is amazig.nice job on all your work.And most of the time Im complaining for the rest of the artist because im trying to give them some inspiration,new direction or something 2 just loook from different perspective (im not good in this 3D work but you dont have 2 be Barber to know which hairstyle looks good on you)...but for you I dont need. I just hope to see grax for:Ash,Loki,Nidus and some cool looking helmet for Frost and thats it 🤔😊👌🍻

Edited by Vlada91
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2018 at 2:55 PM, fredaven said:

I kinda like it.

hL75m6e.png

That's totally fair, and true, I was thinking more have it be smoke/steam emissive that is a little more generic and would fit with more colors than just the fire element would. Just my two cents.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:55 PM, fredaven said:

I kinda like it.

hL75m6e.png

The horns don;t look Grineer at all. I hope you change them. Grineer don't really have long spiral appendages with such a fine point.

7 hours ago, Xylyssa said:

The horns don;t look Grineer at all. I hope you change them. Grineer don't really have long spiral appendages with such a fine point.

I kind of agree with this, the horns have a very fine and neat detailing, perphaps something more robust

4 hours ago, Pavelord said:

I kind of agree with this, the horns have a very fine and neat detailing, perphaps something more robust

I'm thinking something like the horns in the previous image with some added detailing would be perfect as they're a lot bulkier. Having it be more similar to the detailing on the rest of the helmet I think would work a lot better as the spiral on the horns doesn't really fit the graxx style imo.

But other than that I can't wait for this skin.

On 2/19/2018 at 2:31 AM, Xylyssa said:

To be fair...Grineer don't really have any armor that has horns on it so...you know, he had to think of something that looks cool.

38 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

To be fair...Grineer don't really have any armor that has horns on it so...you know, he had to think of something that looks cool.

Very true, but there are many examples of Grineer technology using some sort of pointed piece that could be altered or made into a point. Even some weapons have traits like these such as the Karak, Gorgon, Zarr, and the multitude of Grineer melee weaponry.

However I am 110% (and then some) certain Faven will come up with something amazing as he usually does and I will definitely purchase Chroma Graxx if it is accepted. I do love the current helmet, it is just the spiral horn thing seems like a big visual chunk of it. Heck maybe a Kuva themed Chroma Graxx would be cool since he has a lot of fluid strokes in his geometry. A sexy Kuva royalty helmet would look nice too with horns visually similar to either of the Queens headdresses.

Maybe someday you could give a Graxx/Infested hybrid a try? Something along the lines of the Torid or chargers and such. Maybe for a Nidus Graxx?

Edited by Xylyssa

3 hours ago, fredaven said:

Doomdragon;

BhuZ2zU.jpg

as for the horns, sorry they stayed, kinda liked them. ;)

I love how it looks more like a Grineer bio suit instead of Grineer armor. And with the pelt on it looks like a thick leather armor instead of the stereotypical shiny...metal(?) Maybe i'm just saying this cause of the colors you used. Very dark, that's my style man

If DE doesn't accept this skin with the next round of Tennogen, I will be severely disappointed, and if it gets accepted, I'm going to try to get it day one and this will be the only skin I ever use on Chroma.

Edited by Fukushu

1 hour ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I only think it needed more Grineer markings...it's a bit bland on that side...same for what I've seen of Zephyr actually...they don't feel "very Graxx" :(

Looks pretty Grineer-ish to me, their design fits more closely with units like the Shield Lancers, Manics, or G-3 whose armors don't have the markings like the Lancers, Troopers, and Seekers.

3 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I only think it needed more Grineer markings...it's a bit bland on that side...same for what I've seen of Zephyr actually...they don't feel "very Graxx" :(

grineer markings kinda got their time and place.

Both chroma and zephyr are highly intricated sculpts, with a lot of small pieces, Adding swirly camo bits ontop of that just didnt work.

I usually take pretty big liberties with the tertiary color. Hydroid had it on his chest, but nowhere else, same with nova.

Harrow had some grineer inspired patterning on his chest, but that was it pretty much.

Its a case by case.