Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

8 hours ago, fredaven said:

n58DrQf.png

custom excal helmet (missing the horn bit at the moment)
and..well a lot of other stuff. In other words very early WIP

I feel like this helmet would like a vent on it's horn bit, due to grineer and such, with a small poof of fire/smoke coming out with your energy color. Just my own thought anyways.

8 hours ago, fredaven said:

n58DrQf.png

custom excal helmet (missing the horn bit at the moment)
and..well a lot of other stuff. In other words very early WIP

It looks great so far.

Although skins have their technical issues that may deter you from making prime-themed skins, what do you think about alternate prime-themed helmets?

TI7yGoV.png

2 hours ago, Novatico said:

I feel like this helmet would like a vent on it's horn bit, due to grineer and such, with a small poof of fire/smoke coming out with your energy color. Just my own thought anyways.

We'll see. I dont want something to big at the front, still roughing that bit out.

1 hour ago, Jamescell said:

It looks great so far.

Although skins have their technical issues that may deter you from making prime-themed skins, what do you think about alternate prime-themed helmets?

We dont got access to the prime parts of any frame so you can't really match it up. 

Aahh, please tell me seeing how you're now doing custom helmets your other Grineer skins which currently lack custom helmets, will be getting new helmets too? That'd be exceptionally awesome and spice them up even more.

0VWAfAL.png

Most detailing done, just need to sort horn/chin.

13 hours ago, Naith said:

Aahh, please tell me seeing how you're now doing custom helmets your other Grineer skins which currently lack custom helmets, will be getting new helmets too? That'd be exceptionally awesome and spice them up even more.

If I think they need them yes.

That being said. the mirage one I'm kinda happy with, casue it looks pretty grineerish already. And I really like the rhino one. which leaves frost/nova. Frost got plenty of nice helmets already that worked really well with the grost. And nova is just as saturated imo.

2 hours ago, fredaven said:

If I think they need them yes.

That being said. the mirage one I'm kinda happy with, casue it looks pretty grineerish already. And I really like the rhino one. which leaves frost/nova. Frost got plenty of nice helmets already that worked really well with the grost. And nova is just as saturated imo.

D:

Can never have enough for Frost.

1 hour ago, Senketsu_ said:

for the horn, you know those glowing bits on the machette, cleavers, and sheev,. Why not put some kind of "blade" with super heated edge like those melee weapons. I think that the grineer would do something like that. 

not a bad idea. lets give it a go!

heCgTeo.png

Not bad good sir. not bad at all.

15 minutes ago, Lucha said:

Man, all those details...How are you doing it? Looks cool

It's not "hard" once you're good enough to get far enough to make a decent sculpt. It just takes time and patience. And a good eye for where to add detail and where not to.

Hmm I don't know about that horn. Most Excalibur helmets have horns, having this one without it made it look and feel different for a change. Plus, it leaned more towards the ninja side, something which we've been lacking for a while now.

Edited by Naith

2 minutes ago, Naith said:

Hmm I don't know about that horn. Most Excalibur helmets have horns, having this one without it made it look and feel different for a change. Plus, it leaned more towards the ninja side, something which we've been lacking for a while now.

all excaliburs have horn. I prefer without. But I'm pretty sure DE won't really accept one without. It's kinda his trademark no?

1 minute ago, fredaven said:

all excaliburs have horn. I prefer without. But I'm pretty sure DE won't really accept one without. It's kinda his trademark no?

May be his trademark but it still doesn't mean it has to be present.

Tennogen's supposed to be about different content, I don't see why they wouldn't accept it just because it's missing a horn. That is in part is an assumption. We've got a Nova with a flight attendant hat, flight attendant hats have nothing to do with Nova.

1 minute ago, Naith said:

May be his trademark but it still doesn't mean it has to be present.

Tennogen's supposed to be about different content, I don't see why they wouldn't accept it just because it's missing a horn. That is in part is an assumption. We've got a Nova with a flight attendant hat, flight attendant hats have nothing to do with Nova.

yep you're right. but its tricky, since DE don't really give feedback directly. Seeing how their submission windows are 2-3 months apart its a big gamble.

8 minutes ago, fredaven said:

yep you're right. but its tricky, since DE don't really give feedback directly. Seeing how their submission windows are 2-3 months apart its a big gamble.

Yeah it may potentially be risky. I know with Frost Hailstorm the author had some feedback from DE about the lines that needed some cleaning up before it got accepted. Dunno whether it'd be worth shooting someone a PM confirming stuff.

1 hour ago, fredaven said:

aw and I thought I did good. well its your artistic vision, so its up to you. I still love your skins though.

Without the horn it just looks like a Mag helmet. Also, without the horn, having two green parts on the same colorization spot makes me feel like it needs something else.

You could find an alternative that is not "a horn" maybe, but I have no idea...

I really liked this idea of a horn that reminds us of the machette and cleavers' design. That would be very "Grineer".

3 hours ago, fredaven said:

CzDMIMfr.png

I do prefer it wouthout horn.

I iike the "eyes" on the non horn one, and the indent. But I do like the horn on the horn one. 

2 hours ago, matto said:

Without the horn it just looks like a Mag helmet. Also, without the horn, having two green parts on the same colorization spot makes me feel like it needs something else.

You could find an alternative that is not "a horn" maybe, but I have no idea...

I really liked this idea of a horn that reminds us of the machette and cleavers' design. That would be very "Grineer".

And I agree the full colorization on the helmet does feel a bit off