Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favens Doodlebox. Wisp/Baruuk /Polearm Lance done.

fredaven

On 2019-11-30 at 6:26 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You have your own Nukes.  NO TOUCHY!

Take Itzal, though.  We are Shinobi after all.

Or you could just drop the pretense entirely and go all in with Elytron. Hey, if I'm going to strap a big, noisy Archwing to my back, I might as well go for the one with the biggest boom.

On 2019-12-05 at 9:40 AM, Vlada91 said:

So here we go again hood on the frame, dude nice job! 😊👌🍻  And yea because of this I wish to know what skin are you going to do next... 🤔

Stop.  I’m going to have to report you for abuse.  My wallet feels so abused.  And on consoles the abuse gets drawn out.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m honestly getting a bit tired of their work always being added. Like yeah the Graxx series is nice, but I want to see more diverse tennogen get added. Lukinu_u made an awesome Baruuk skin that I honestly prefer over the Graxx, but guess which one got put in the game.

blame the players, they vote for it

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I do blame them. They need to stop fanboying Over the Graxx series.

You also have to consider the fact that Faven is the only creator to consistently post Grineer-themed skins. Only one other person has done so and that is matzan481 with his Trinity Nightingale skin, which got accepted. I think part of the issue with faction themed skins is that creators aren't willing to try simply because a long time creator has basically monopolized the style due to a lack of competition, which leads to people getting discouraged because they then have to try to compare to the extant ones. Faven with Grineer, FrellingHazmot with Corpus, and Vubjorn with Infested.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I do blame them. They need to stop fanboying Over the Graxx series.

No.

Most people I know vote for the Graxx skins because they like them, not because Faven made them.

It's fine to say "Hey, I know you like this skin but maybe give some others a chance."
It's not fine to say "Hey, I think you're liking these skins too much, stop that."

You like some of the Graxx skins, some others like them more than you do, this does NOT make what they're doing "fanboying"
Calling it fanboying invalidates their right to enjoy skins they like and makes you sound like an ass.

While I myself do not have all the graxx skins (some I don't like, others are for Frames I simply do not use, so no point in buying the skin)
I do acknowledge that they are well made. If they're well made and get the votes they do deserve to be in the game.

additionally, a Graxx skin for X warframe being voted into the game does NOT lock out all other skins for the same frame from being added that same round.
There have been multiple rounds where 1 frame received multiple skins.

The non-graxx Baruuk skin you like and the graxx baruuk skin can both be added the same round.

(also what Kerberos-3 said)

Edited by BaIthazar

28 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

You also have to consider the fact that Faven is the only creator to consistently post Grineer-themed skins. Only one other person has done so and that is matzan481 with his Trinity Nightingale skin, which got accepted. I think part of the issue with faction themed skins is that creators aren't willing to try simply because a long time creator has basically monopolized the style due to a lack of competition, which leads to people getting discouraged because they then have to try to compare to the extant ones. Faven with Grineer, FrellingHazmot with Corpus, and Vubjorn with Infested.

I’m not talking about just faction themed skins exclusively. I’m talking about every skin. And how regardless of how good it look it always gets completely outvoted by the graxx series.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m not talking about just faction themed skins exclusively. I’m talking about every skin. And how regardless of how good it look it always gets completely outvoted by the graxx series.

You know that DE makes the call which skins to feature in the game? There have been multiple skins for the same Warframe plenty of times, they do not compete per Warframe category. Often times there are plenty of other factors which is the reason why a skin hasn't been implemented yet. Fredaven has had to change some of his skins meshes because they were conflicting for example. We do not know, and that's the key there. It is neither the fault of the players nor especially the content creator, so disgruntling here is pointless.

1 hour ago, Tazrizen said:

I mean, if people like graxx, why not just let them like it? Get more people on board with liking the skins you like and then you gottem, problem (if there really was one) solved. 

Because people are always going to vote for Graxx. Essential wasting spots where other skins could go. It seems like it’s such a non choice to the community that DE might as well just put in the graxx skins seperate from tennogen completely.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Same difference. I’m getting tired of constantly seeing graxx skins being added when there’s much greater variety of designs out there to vote for.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because people are always going to vote for Graxx. Essential wasting spots where other skins could go.

You do realize that community votes have nothing to do (if at all) for an item to be added to the game, right? The only reason why the Steam Workshop even has a vote system is just one of the usual ways Steam's workshop format is designed in the first place. So an item can't be "outvoted' if votes aren't being counted in the first place.

Also you seem to assume items can take the spot of another, rejecting those to be in the game. That seems like a very weird statement to make, since there's nothing to back up that claim. Especially considering how multiple items for a Warframe have been added before in previous rounds. And plus, it wouldn't make sense for DE to deny skins for other Warframe since, they could not only add a whole bunch of items within a single round without issue (except when it takes too long), but it wouldn't benefit them in the long run nor the creator. It would create a strange competitive vibe within a community scene that is mostly participated within as a hobby; because instead of focusing on what they want or choose to create, it's what they can *only* create.

It's fine to not understand how the TennoGen system, but it would be appreciated if you didn't spread false information. Also, let people enjoy the things they like, man. Besides, it's all personal preference and opinion, especially when it comes to fashion.

Edited by Scruffel
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because people are always going to vote for Graxx. Essential wasting spots where other skins could go. It seems like it’s such a non choice to the community that DE might as well just put in the graxx skins seperate from tennogen completely.

People will vote for Graxx because they like the Graxx skins, If Faven someday creates a Graxx skin the community despises it won't receive as many votes.

Saying a Skin doesn't deserve to be added simply because YOU don't like it is an incredibly entitled and asinine thing to say.

There have been multiple Tennogen skins that I myself absolutely HATED, that were still added.
I understand that just because I dislike something doesn't mean other's don't.

So DE should stop adding Graxx skins because the MINORITY of the community that frequents the workshop doesn't like them?
Should my mom get strawberry lemonade just because I wanted it, despite both my brother and sister wanting orange juice? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BaIthazar said:

People will vote for Graxx because they like the Graxx skins, If Faven someday creates a Graxx skin the community despises it won't receive as many votes.

Saying a Skin doesn't deserve to be added simply because YOU don't like it is an incredibly entitled and asinine thing to say.

There have been multiple Tennogen skins that I myself absolutely HATED, that were still added.
I understand that just because I dislike something doesn't mean other's don't.

So DE should stop adding Graxx skins because the MINORITY of the community that frequents the workshop doesn't like them?
Should my mom get strawberry lemonade just because I wanted it, despite both my brother and sister wanting orange juice? 

Wow way to completely misread everything I’m saying.

My problem is that graxx skins clearly have a priority to be put in before other tennogen. 2-3 skins of every tennogen wave are graxx skins. People are always going to vote for them.
My suggestion was that to give other tennogen skins a better chance of being added graxx skins should just be added seperate from the tennogen system. I like the skin, but their existence clearly has a negative effect on other skins chances of being added.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Wow way to completely misread everything I’m saying.

My problem is that graxx skins clearly have a priority to be put in before other tennogen. 2-3 skins of every tennogen wave are graxx skins. People are always going to vote for them.
My suggestion was that to give other tennogen skins a better chance of being added graxx skins should just be added seperate from the tennogen system. I like the skin, but their existence clearly has a negative effect on other skins chances of being added.

I understood you perfectly.

I'm just explaining why they're being added and why that isn't even that much of an issue.

having Graxx be added seperately will not do the tennogen system any good because that doesn't miraculously grant tennogen more spots.

The time allocation remains the same

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BaIthazar said:

I understood you perfectly.

“DE might as well just put in the graxx skins seperate from tennogen completely”

11 hours ago, BaIthazar said:

Saying a Skin doesn't deserve to be added simply because YOU don't like it is an incredibly entitled and asinine thing to say.

Yeah, sure you do.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

“DE might as well just put in the graxx skins seperate from tennogen completely”

Yeah, sure you do.

that was in reference to a previous statement from you where you mentioned there were other skins you liked more.

While not stating you dislike the graxx skins you did state that you felt other skins were more deserving, I simply responded that you believing so disregards the fact that others (who are in the majority) clearly disagree.
The phrasing I used did not accurately convey this it would seem.

I still stand by my statement that I believe seperating Graxx from Tennogen will not do anything to change the situation.
Tennogen will simply feature less stuff than the previous Graxx-including rounds to compensate for part of the team still having to work on Graxx.

2 hours ago, BaIthazar said:

Okay, I am not trying to imply that you would say this, but using your same logic, should DE not add a skin because the majority of the community doesn't like it as well? Because from the way you seem to understand how TennoGen items are accepted (which again, community opinion/votes don't matter), it would seem like that would be the logical case. Again, not saying you would agree, but I'd be careful on wording your arguments since flipping the scenario can tell a different tale.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Your problems that you have with the TennoGen system, are non-issues due to how they just aren't the case and come from a lack of understanding. Items can't be outvoted, and items can't take the spot of others.
Also, separating the Graxx stuff from the usual TennoGen rounds wouldn't make sense since it creates an obvious dilemma. Explicit favoritism. Both players and artists would complain about special treatment given to a single creator, when it's not necessary at all (and untrue in general) since the TennoGen guidelines would still need to be applied towards those items. What's the point of doing it if the same process is going to take place?

TennoGen is an effort by artists to add community content into the game, it's not an art competition. Now, it would be best to stop flooding this thread with constant banter, and if there are still 'glaring issues', make a separate thread then.