Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Biggest update | PolygonMonster TennoGen

Oh, I love the shapes on that helm! It reminds me a lot of dogu figures. Ponytail is an interesting style for Nezha. It might end up looking a little overly busy with the way the ponytail ends in the middle of the ring, though. There's usually a syndana there, too.

I loved the beta version of the helm you had here, with the draping? I think the shape of the draped cord works better than the blocky, rectangular ribbon. The thick, squared-off ribbon doesn't match anything else on the skin.

A question/suggestion: the roots on his chest. They seem lost in the stylings you've added and they're the same color as the body channel, meaning they get kinda overwhelmed by the body detailing you've added. The chest is going to look pretty messy if it's anything other than black. I would recommend either trying to incorporate them more naturally by tweaking the body detailing to be more organic and asymmetical or emphasizing them as an element by making the helmet incorporate more organic shapes. As it stands, it seems like you're trying to work around them but you can't ignore such a big part of the model.

This has made huge strides since your first version, I'm excited to see you keep improving it!

On 3/25/2017 at 11:56 PM, polygonmonster said:

Nezha - Terra done

I have to say this, Nezha have some problems with bleeding around the uv islands especially in the chest and skirt area, I had a lot of problems trying to fix those areas. Maybe a small clean up to the original mesh will do just fine.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=891599391

8D00655262E87153029993DE5AFCCE3F3EC36B26

31A4C431125D2266D6C8BFDF538BDADA14844CFA

99C27BE37901DA2DA2D00AF3F934573A75BBA1DA

F959A915BF946C769EC5B021447E461D7A9FA1BB

he looks like a bug i love it.

• 8 months later...
On 12.01.2018 at 10:00 PM, polygonmonster said:

For those asking in the steam community about Nidus, here an update following with a Syandana I've been doing when I have some free time. Last year was a bit rough... but back to TennoGen :)

dP5p4Cu.png

15Xzp4p.png

Also don't forget to vote if you like this Liset infested skin :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1258050667

9FC5ADACF771A6B7FEE1599537CC5717641B60A6

Somehow can't see images other than liset one.

Isn't Liset skin a bit symmetrical for Infested ?

Can't say I didn't like it but somehow it doesn't give me infested vibe :v

8 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

Somehow can't see images other than liset one.

Isn't Liset skin a bit symmetrical for Infested ?

Can't say I didn't like it but somehow it doesn't give me infested vibe :v

Is not allowed for Liset Skins to modify original mesh, UV is symmetrical so there is no way to make it work asymmetrically. Other than that, if that ended up changing in the future, it could be fixed :).

*throws money at polygonmonster*

I've been waiting for Nidus Tennogen for a year now. DE, please take this man's creations.

Also Infested Liset? Yassss

One suggestion I'd have is to make the ship look a little more organic and twisted. I understand the symmetrical UV thing, but at this point the Liset skin doesn't look that infested, imo. Perhaps more vein-like structures and pustule shapes would be good.

Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous skin, but it doesn't look infested.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Don't mean to sound critical, but I've noticed every Nidus skin so far always recolors the helmet. Besides the mutation feature is there something different about modeling a Nidus helmet?

Hi @Zahnny, I would love to make some new helmets for my skins, but right now I can't afford the time to do full retopology of items at the moment. The last one I did was for Nezha but I have to do some fixes after some DE notes. Right now this is just texture skins, but stay tuned, hopefully, I will start doing helmets and finish some Syandanas and Weapons at the end of this first quarter.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...