Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knight-Ish Armor Excalibur ( Updated )

I like the idea of the helmet / face. The plating seems a bit too .. real. As in, not tenno enough; more like a deux ex / crysis feel. 

Also maybe consider the orange glow on the horn of his helmet as well? 

edit:

They look nothing alike.

edit2: I don't know how to add a quote to an edit. 

Edited by _Connor

Ill preface this by saying i have no idea what im doing and only got this far by pure (Talent?) messing around. sooo... yeah... 

fUswKoo.png

Incomplete and not sure if i ever will complete it. i did spend quite some time with this so i figured not posting it would be a waste.

its okey i guess.. 

tho honestly.. it needs to be more refined. and the glows need to go IMHO. it shows no creative side to a well made skin. if you work on the scale like armor pieces and make it is it goes down further to his legs. im sure it will be a skin 5x better than what it is now!

only problem i have with the skin is like i said

the stupid non-detailed feet / finger orange glow.. its fine to have that, but you need to implement better detail on the feet and fingers. instead of it looking like goopie jelly fingers and feet!

and forgot to say.. the way you are going with the helmet i like... you get the helmet just right and the hole piece comes together.

either way, keep working on it and improve upon it and it should be fantastic

Edited by DiBBz

All it really needs imo is a nice roughness map. Even if you're going for a leathery look, adding some texture and weathering will make all the difference. Also the glowy bits are a bit too much I think and the ones on the chest need to be normal mapped so they're sunken down

looks nice i feel like this is rhino on diet hehe

FINALLY, someone understands me.  

But thanks to all of you for your feedback (most of you anyway...) 

Ive been working on a cleaner version with more detail. And its coming out fairly different too. but like i said at the top... ive got no real knowledge in what im doing. im just doing things and gracefully stumbling into place. 

I like the first one better. I'm seeing a lot of soft clay like secondary forms that aren't going anywhere and repetitive elements that stick out a bit too much. Plus I think DE is trying to avoid the whole eye thing

Edited by MaaYuu

So basically the whole idea changed over night for me and it turned into something different. still incredibly incomplete, but you know... meh

T6fsQlk.png

its totally fine m8... patience is key to perfection!

besides in order to get the right design you go through many iterations before you settle on a final. either way still a dope skin

tho i can barely make out very much on the chest piece and arms... just looks like colors blended... im sure tho if it was more refined and detailed i would look cool tho!