The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are The Syndicates Trying To Kill Us?

(PSN)Goldengeartwo

OP's put forward  a good question actually ..

Because I'm working for Meridian who's statement is to defend those who can't defend themselves, why do the credit and tree lover syndicates (Perrin and Loka) send guys out to kill me ?

That said, it's not 'kill' .. it's just to knock you out.

So when you think about it all they're trying to do is get in your way and show you have disrupted them by disrupting you.

The term 'death squad' is probably a bit harsh, maybe they need to be 'enforcer squads' or 'shock troops' or something else along those lines.

I don't believe the leader of Steel Meridian was trying to kill me.

She did send me gifts in shape of basketballs after saying: "Maybe this will change you mind."

How thoughtful she was.

Well I'm just jealous that she spends more time harassing you then she does encouraging me .. and I've been a General in meridian since they started (!!)

OP's put forward  a good question actually ..

Because I'm working for Meridian who's statement is to defend those who can't defend themselves, why do the credit and tree lover syndicates (Perrin and Loka) send guys out to kill me ?

That said, it's not 'kill' .. it's just to knock you out.

So when you think about it all they're trying to do is get in your way and show you have disrupted them by disrupting you.

The term 'death squad' is probably a bit harsh, maybe they need to be 'enforcer squads' or 'shock troops' or something else along those lines.

1) New Loka wants you dead because you support a group of what are, in their eyes, Grineer. Grineer are not pure human, and thus must be purged from existence. Never mind that they have no vested interest in New Loka's long-term goals of retaking Earth from the Grineer Empire. Never mind that Steel Merid would keep to themselves if other factions would stop trying to kill space-faring civilians. Steel Merid employs non-human clones, ergo Steel Merid must die. Yes, these futuristic racial extremists are still somehow one of the factions you're supposed to be rooting for. Great lore on that one DE.
Perrin want you dead because they believe you're a potential liability that will cause innocent people to die. In 21st century terms, they think you're a commie who's going about peace the wrong way and will end up making things worse in the long run. This really isn't any more evil than Red Veil; it's rather extremist, but supposedly for the greater good

2) New Loka tries to "shock" you and "enforce" things with highly-toxic technocyte monsters who have nearly overwhelmed the solar system on several occasions. They are very much trying to kill you!
Edited by TARINunit9

I think the squads announcing themselves is a gameplay convention.

Lore wise, these "death squads" are probably secretly sent to kill tenno that dont follow the beliefs of a syndicate- with no real proof of who sent them. They feel safe in the relay because we only have suspicions of who sent the death squads.