Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whatever Frost Prime Got On His Gold, Doesn't It Look Too Dark...?

NightmareT12

Long story short, I just checked Frost Prime PBR, and I noticed that his gold color seems way darker than other items. Checking Laton Prime, Volt Prime, Fang Prime and the Bronco Primes all tell me that this one looks so, so much darker and a bit out of place with the rest of Prime items.

Anyone else sees it, well, "out of sync" with the rest of the default PBR gold items?

Seems like it's not a color issue but a texture/shader "issue"? It seems to have different properties from the rest of PBR Prime items.

EDIT: Pics:

Frost with Latron Prime:

lHh1ejh.jpg

Frost with Burston Prime (Default):

uSZAY1O.jpg

Frost with Burston Prime (Frost's scheme):

dhy8dGz.jpg

As a bonus:

Volt Prime:

u1uCQsh.jpg

Loki Prime:

VcDe7Kc.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

Not really? Are you sure you're using the default colour?

Can you not change his gold to whatever shade suits you now?

I'd really really like to see some screenshots. I can't check in game right now.

I'm going to add some screenies now, wait for it and I'll explain a bit better if I can.

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to add images now. I've compared it to the Burston Prime, which is the only weapon that has a similar pattern of gold chunk like Frost's. Copied his profile on the weapon and wait what?, same gold as before on it. So whatever I'm seeing is not color related, but shader/texture related. BRB for pics of comparision.

EDIT 2: Pics:

Frost with Latron Prime:

lHh1ejh.jpg

Frost with Burston Prime (Default):

uSZAY1O.jpg

Frost with Burston Prime (Frost's scheme):

dhy8dGz.jpg

As a bonus:

Volt Prime:

u1uCQsh.jpg

Loki Prime:

VcDe7Kc.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

Added screenies to my second post and the OP. Playing around with Burston Prime I realized it seems to be the texture making color well, darker. But I'm not really sure how to explain it because I have no idea on how this works...

EDIT 2: Just took him on a stroll and it reflects really well on the field. Maybe it's just the Liset arsenal lighting, gonna test a bit more before deciding whether to report the topic for a confusion or if there is something different.

Edited by NightmareT12

The PBR wasn't amazing... Which isn't exactly unexpected as I doubt anything will really receive the amount of attention Excalibur did which is a real shame. It's not something you immediately notice at all.

However, I'm actually rather happy with the PBR in terms of the gold. I was expecting the worst due to previous PBR'ed Prime gold but it's really nice. Hopefully they can go back to other PBR'ed materials and make them of this quality. Latron Prime's looks really bad, it's very bland and sometimes doesn't look like gold at all. Same for Lato Prime and few others IMO.

I'm leaning towards the darker the better with the nice toning used by Frost Prime, otherwise it just looks too... Off and opaque like other past PBR'ed prime stuff.

I am rather upset that he still hasn't received a bit more of a visual overhaul though despite countless requests. He needs updating so make him a bit more unique like the newer Primes. As much as I like him, he's rather boring.

Furthermore... Syandana's still clip with the lower half of his coat. Would've thought that'd be fixed by now.

Edited by Naith

The PBR wasn't amazing... Which isn't exactly unexpected as I doubt anything will really receive the amount of attention Excalibur did which is a real shame. It's not something you immediately notice at all.

However, I'm actually rather happy with the PBR in terms of the gold. I was expecting the worst due to previous PBR'ed Prime gold but it's really nice. Hopefully they can go back to other PBR'ed materials and make them of this quality. Latron Prime's looks really bad, it's very bland and sometimes doesn't look like gold at all. Same for Lato Prime and few others IMO.

I'm leaning towards the darker the better with the nice toning used by Frost Prime, otherwise it just looks too... Off and opaque like other past PBR'ed prime stuff.

I am rather upset that he still hasn't received a bit more of a visual overhaul though despite countless requests. He needs updating so make him a bit more unique like the newer Primes. As much as I like him, he's rather boring.

Furthermore... Syandana's still clip with the lower half of his coat. Would've thought that'd be fixed by now.

This is the weird part. Burston Prime seems the closest in terms of Gold Metal quality, and with the same color it looks much, much lighter. That's what's confusing me: If it's not the color, what's causing the metal to look like this much darker in comparision with other items?

What is the problem? You can recolor it, no?   Or you annoyed by the fact that with "default" colors its slightly different? 

Dude...That thread is pointless. 

Have you read the thread? The problem is not the color of the gold because of the color slot, it's how the material behaves as a material. The Burston Prime with the exact same color profile as Frost Prime doesn't look as dark. The Edo Prime, the Yamako Prime, the Noru Prime, the Latron Prime, the Akbronco, the Scindo, EVERY SINGLE PRIME GOLD MATERIAL looks different from the one on the helmet. Of course not all items share the same exact color, but at least the look like the same family of items -- which brings me to question what is different on Frost Prime to behave different and reflect the color profiles different than the rest of Prime metals.

Edited by NightmareT12

Its not an "Issue".  Its better quality metal textures. More "realistic" gold behavior. Less reflective , so it doesnt "glow" like previous ones.

You said its darker...ITS NOT.  If you want it to be "moar shiny", use brighter colors. 

DE said that some of previously PBR'd items have some wrong shaders and do not behave as intended. 

The Latron Prime's gold doesn't look like gold aside from the color. It along with the Soma Prime need to be updated to have the dark streaks that Frost Prime's gold has. Him and Loki Prime are the only ones currently with the correct PBR'd gold.

Something changed with the last patch. Not just with frosts gold. All my oranges turned red on my volt, frost, lisset. Either theres been a mixup or theres been some alteration to my color palletes. My dark reds became bright red. I had a fully white Nova who appears grey/black now aswell. Other colors look normal.

I have'nt changed any settings in the legacy color palletes. So thats ruled out.

Also the pic you posted of Loki Prime. I remember the white on his armor being brighter than that? idk maybe my eyes went crazy from spending so much time in BnS the past few days.

Something changed with the last patch. Not just with frosts gold. All my oranges turned red on my volt, frost, lisset. Either theres been a mixup or theres been some alteration to my color palletes. My dark reds became bright red. I had a fully white Nova who appears grey/black now aswell. Other colors look normal.

I have'nt changed any settings in the legacy color palletes. So thats ruled out.

Also the pic you posted of Loki Prime. I remember the white on his armor being brighter than that? idk maybe my eyes went crazy from spending so much time in BnS the past few days.

Make sure you don't have Legacy Colors turned on in the Options menu, because it sounds a lot like that.

You're complaining about the gold being too dark, I just hate that everything else became so light. Black looks like gray on him now T_T im crying gothjesus tears 

This guy. ^

Who gives a damn about the gold when fixing the black color is the real issue here with PBR.

Also, Braton & Burston Prime isn't properly PBR'd btw so you can't use them as comparison. Frost Prime sues the correct gold shaders while the previously PBR'd Primes are using the bugged broken gold shaders.

Edited by DarkD3filer

This guy. ^

Who gives a damn about the gold when fixing the black color is the real issue here with PBR.

Also, Braton & Burston Prime isn't properly PBR'd btw so you can't use them as comparison. Frost Prime sues the correct gold shaders while the previously PBR'd Primes are using the bugged broken gold shaders.

After much more looking around and playing, yes, it's what you guys said since the beginning. I guess I was surprised since we were coming from those old textures + the more realistic shaders + the light angle on his helmet biggest part isn't the best since it's blocked by the first "ring" of his helm. That area always looks darker and it's due less light going into it.

Thanks everyone. Let's hope old items get updated soon.

Edited by NightmareT12