Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xylia's Big Re:livestream Thread.

Xylia

Okay, so I plan on this being a little long, and for those of you who are the tl;dr: crowd need not apply.

That said...

I FINALLY watched the Livestream on Youtube today because I live in a household with other people who enjoy internet gaming and streaming high-quality video tends to mess that up because I'm on a 3Mbps DSL.

So anyways....

I am probably just a nobody amongst thousands of players. I'm not even a Founder, but then again I am/was considering a Founder package. I haven't made "The Decision" to yet, but it is still on my mind. I've a few things that is causing me hesitation. One, money is always a big deal for me. I would love to support the game but I have to think about my RL too. Two, I'm waiting to see what the Developers will do about major issues. If they do something I don't like, well I dunno... Founders is a fairly large sum of money, esp the Master/GM packages.

With that said....

Some of the things during the Livestream stuck out at me:

1). Clan Size/Dojo Building. Yes yes this has been talked to death, but here's my personal thoughts on this: We all want to progress, right? I think very few players are wanting "Instant gratification". Or maybe nowhere near the majority? Anyways, I want progress I can see and notice. Problem is, I'm NOT the social type of person. I'm in a clan of 4 people -- 2 are fairly hardcore about the game, I'm medium-core due to having a near full-time RL job with wonky hours (in fact, I've got about 15min before I gotta leave for work as I type this and I won't be back for 9 hours) and one member who doesn't seem to be logging in anymore.

I know it will take us longer than it would a clan of, say, 20 hardcores, hey that's fine. But... I want the progress to be somethign I can notice and measure, instead of feeling like "yay I did a whole day of farming and we've done 2% of this room, only have to do it 50 more days for 1 hallway!"

2). Forma, Forma, Forma. The #1 thing that concerns me about Dojos is the Forma requirements. Now that I have seen how Forma works, I have calculated that a player will eventually need 34 Forma to max out 1 frame, and 3 weapons. This is ontop of the 5 forma per hallway and up to 25 for a Clan Great Hall. How many Forma does it take, again, to build a basic research station + prereqs? Something like 80 Forma? My one friend has gotten _one_ Forma out of a Daily Roll, and all 3 of us got the Alert BP. Wow, 4 forma... in a week. Assuming we completely forget about our weapons, warframes, sentinels, etc... we might get that 80 forma in about 20-25 weeks. That's nearly half a year. For ONE basic research station + rereqs. This is why we hate the Forma costs. I note you said nothing about Forma costs in Dojo during the Livestream, that was my #1 Question: What are you guys gonna do about the Forma costs? And Why Forma? You know everybody and their brother wants Forma for their weapons/warframes....

3). Mods and RNG: So, you say that Pluto should reward better than Mercury. I agree. However... if you want to go to Pluto, you need good mods. a Lv30 Warframe and weapons mean nothing if you don't have the mods to make them effective. I went to Xini a few times, and I don't enjoy seeing that I'm doing less than a third of the #3 player's Damage in the Results screen. I have no Multi-shot mods (my friend has several) and it shows. I get slaughtered in Infested maps, because I'm not Rank 4 and I lack a Hek. I'm out of Cores and many of my mods are still Rank 0 or Rank 1. I feel like I'm being carried everytime I go to anything higher than Lv20 because my Damage Done numbers are in the single digit %s when everybody else has Multi-shots, maxed elemental mods, potatoes in their weapons, Formas to spare (because they're in large clans), etc. How am I to do the higher things like Pluto if the RNG will not let me have the mods I need to get better?

4). Which brings us to......Trading. So you don't want people "dumping all their junk" on a friend. But yet... my friend says he has multiple copies of Multi-shot mods. I try and try and try and sometimes I grit my teeth through high-level missions when I see I've done 8% of the damage or somecrap and I feel like I'm a scrub or I'm being carried because I just can't do enough damage because of the lack of mods, but yet I don't want to bang my head against a wall for hours in Mars, Venus, Mercury, etc and the mods I need just won't drop there. It'd be nice if my friend could, you know, give me one of his multishot mods so I can actually contribute to the damage leaderboard? Maybe allow Outside-of-Mission trading on mods Only so we don't get players dumping resources everywhere? Maybe a limited number of trades per day, like 3 trades or something? SOMETHING to help with this problem would be nice. I only get 1-2 hours a day unless I have a day off work to actually game with my friend. The chances we'll do a mission and he'll see, say, Multishot and I won't are very slim. The trading you guys talked about in Livestream probably will not help me here.

5). Back to RNG... the more mods you make, the harder each mod will be to obtain specifically. If there are 10 items in a pool and you reach in and pull an item out, each item has a 10% chance it will be that item assuming you don't skew the chances on the items individually. So if you're looking for a specific one, you have  10% chance each time you'll get one. But when you have 100 items, you only have a 1% chance you'll see THE one you need. I feel like we're getting too many stinking mods that the ones we need are just too hard to get. Maybe we need to break them down further. We have them broken down into 3 categories already (Each Faction favors specific types, etc), I think we probably have to break them down even further somehow. And during the Livestream, you guys were all "Mod Mod Mod, This should be a Mod, That Should be a Mod, Mod, Mod, Mod" and I'm thinking "GAAAAAAAH!!! More Mods I'm going to have to PRAY I get sometime?" Yeah a resource booster would be awesome....... but as a mod? Meh. My luck I'll never see the stupid thing and it is going to be pointless anyways.

So yeah I'm almost out of time, I wanted this to be a little longer, but blaaaaah. Gotta go to work......

I went to Xini a few times, and I don't enjoy seeing that I'm doing less than a third of the #3 player's Damage in the Results screen. I have no Multi-shot mods (my friend has several) and it shows. I get slaughtered in Infested maps, because I'm not Rank 4 and I lack a Hek. I'm out of Cores and many of my mods are still Rank 0 or Rank 1. I feel like I'm being carried everytime I go to anything higher than Lv20 because my Damage Done numbers are in the single digit %s when everybody else has Multi-shots, maxed elemental mods, potatoes in their weapons, Formas to spare (because they're in large clans), etc. How am I to do the higher things like Pluto if the RNG will not let me have the mods I need to get better?

Xini is a warframe ability spam fest. Your damage there has nothing to do with mods or guns. Unless your going there with your clan to get to wave 20+

If you get a banshee and press 4 you'll beat out anyone's dmg.

Xini is a warframe ability spam fest. Your damage there has nothing to do with mods or guns. Unless your going there with your clan to get to wave 20+

If you get a banshee and press 4 you'll beat out anyone's dmg.

Not just Xini, other worlds too.

Anyways I got a little time during my break so....

One of the main points in this thread I was trying to make was how stinking important mods and things like Forma/Potatoes are. With them, you're godly. Without them, you're nothing.

And when you're nothing and you can't even do 10% of the damage reliably due to people rushing and killing everything before you get a chance to shoot, well....it isn't very fun.

And they want to add MORE mods? Which would make it HARDER for us to get the mods we need (every time you add a new mod to the existing pile, each mod becomes more difficult to find)?

They definitely need to split mods up further.

Maybe make it so that enemies are more likely to drop the mods for the weapons they are killed with? Say, kill an enemy with a rifle, the mod has an extra 20% chance it'll be a rifle mod for example?

Perhaps weapons' main stats need to be buffed, and mods need to be nerfed so that mods aren't so bloody important? That way, the end result is the same, when you have a fully modded weapon, but yet a lesser-modded player will be more powerful than they are presently?