Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "rip Saryn" Comments Have Already Begun

Vargras

All because the current "stack negative duration, press 4 to delete everything" build won't be optimal anymore.

It's inevitable that you'll reach a point in time in which your current favored build on just about anything will change. You will have to get out of your comfort zone, and you will have to adapt. It's not all that bad, really -- change is good and prevents stagnation, and Saryn desperately needed something to give her more gameplay than the age-old "press 4 to win" that's much-loathed by many players.

It's a rework. They're adding more value to duration for her, which in turn buffs all of her other skills. It's definitely not a nerf.

EDIT: Currently, based upon the devstream, some of the devs actually fear Saryn might be overpowered post-rework. So there's that too.

Edited by Vargras

Many people love press 4 to win though.

That's cool, but it's pretty clear that the devs don't favor it at all, and they're making the changes they view necessary to address that, as made evident by LOS restrictions and skill being shuffled around (I.E. Radial Javelin becoming Exal's 3rd and not 4th, and taking a nerf to go with it).

I'm disappointed on how weak it is. Sure make other abilties better but do it without making others redundant.

She's actually looking to end up stronger post-rework. Venom Spore and Contagion both look to do some serious damage now, and you can boost Miasma's damage by up to 200%.

That's cool, but it's pretty clear that the devs don't favor it at all, and they're making the changes they view necessary to address that, as made evident by LOS restrictions and skill being shuffled around (I.E. Radial Javelin becoming Exal's 3rd and not 4th, and taking a nerf to go with it).

Hopefully the starmap changes will reduce the primary reason i think people do like press 4 to win, the fact they're grinding the same map repeatedly and just want to kind of play without much attention. During Viver i used to just watch tv while pressing 4 at my computer to get rep.

A good deal of the forum react liek kids sometimes. Instantly crying it's the end of the world, the instant their toy is changed. I'd actually like for someone to tell me which rework/revisit DE did this year that didn't benefit the frame because so far Excalibur and Frost are extremely good.

A good deal of the forum react liek kids sometimes. Instantly crying it's the end of the world, the instant their toy is changed. I'd actually like for someone to tell me which rework/revisit DE did this year that didn't benefit the frame because so far Excalibur and Frost are extremely good.

They changed Excal from "press 4 to win" to "press 4 to win but little bit slower". Frost was changed from "defence only" to "hey you can actually kill now with your skills". We have to see what Saryn will be about. Because devstream showed us not the best gameplay. I mean if your frame can't kill lvl 40 bombard after being potatoed and having build...that's a very bad news