Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "rip Saryn" Comments Have Already Begun

Vargras

Even when she combined all four of her powers, she ended up doing nothing to a level 40 bombard. 

Not sure why they would think "overpowered."

She was having a bit of difficulty getting everything combo'd properly with the negative duration build.

She later used a second build, purposely stacking up duration, in which Venom Spore and toxin procs from Contagion were just chunking health off the Bombard.

I wonder, I formad Saryn 6 times, got perfect nuke build.

Will my work be for nothing when she benefits from duration mods? =/

I don't want to forma her all over again...

EDIT...

I did it before it was a common thing, and didn't use the easy Draco farm.

Edited by VK4502b

Excals rework is still is more tied to skill and movement than it was before, anything that isn't just one shot that implies some creativity on the players part is by far better in my opinion. Still again on the track os Saryn she will be interesting, she was given something that was powerful so changing it cant just be about power anymore, gotta be more creative than that like what they did with Nova.

Saryn with standard energy pool is 150. Using Max Streamline you would use 122.5 energy to pull off 1 damaging combo consisting of 1x Venom, 1x Contagion and 1x Miasma.

Why the Hek do you require Saryn to spend her entire energy pool just to deal AoE damage? How is this balanced compared to the other damage casters??? poor handicapped Saryn

Ember is definitely going to be the Flavor of the Month for casters once the rework is released.

Edit: Before people start replying to this:

https://youtu.be/qFFlgOSnvt0?t=56m30s

Edited by MaverickZero

i dont see the point why everyone is crying about saryn being reworked. she needed 1 badly anyway cus people just call saryn the best frame just because of 1 stupidly over powered skill. im sorry but it HAD to be done...

and im happy for it *prepairs valkyr army against the army of saryn fanboys*

p.s. sorry if i offended u but she seriously needed that rework badly.

Did you even watch the stream ? Lol Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

I cannot judge the reworks until nobody tested how and what changed. There is a lot of frames aswell which needs tweaks others got their reworks but peoples feel still need reworks while others fine with the current states. 

Older frames needs some look because they are released in older system where this game was different than the nowaday games so those frames at least needs tweaks instead of full reworks.

I never used Saryn because didn't built her yet but I think that from others experience the first skill now seems okay because can constant damaging and can spread like a pest and deal moderate damage but you can kill mostly with it medium level enemies at max.

The molt is useful skill like Loki's decoy which is a bit out to date but still can deal damage and save your back.

The contagion with elemental mod implements was useless and still seems useless because that damage can be deal much more and lethally by your weapon instead contagion needs some other ability which helps the survivalability or crowd control.

The miasma is currently a good ability just many hardcores doesn't like it because they like to play hard so they will mostly cry about how op a skill or how boring for their taste no matter but this ability was just right scaled.

Like nova she also nuker instead of tank or direct support frame.

I am not against tweaks and reworks if this serve a better gameplay experience but then they should compensate this in some way and all frames also needs some stat visits because some uttery poor some awefully strong.

Anyway if they cannot rework well a frame first time then comes a second and third rework until it will be right.

Only suggestion from me before nerf-buff frames it is that check the environments and the game itself which cause press4 and win and what serve a not so hardcore but a bit more competitive gameplay. Mostly the enemies the reason in any game to use cheaper ways to solve problems sometimes the game design force you to do those things.

She was having a bit of difficulty getting everything combo'd properly with the negative duration build.

She later used a second build, purposely stacking up duration, in which Venom Spore and toxin procs from Contagion were just chunking health off the Bombard.

I witnessed the entire stream, meaning both builds. And her swings alone did 10x more DPS (yes, DPS) than the entire combo.

Would explain why Scott was shaking his head.

I'm so sad if "room cleaner" build gets nerfed to the point the whole frame becomes something less. Now he is one of the best AoE dpsers we have.

We NEED dpsers, stop nerfing them!

We already have them, and we still will.

Only difference is you'll have to work for your damage now, rather than press a single button.

I'm so sad if "room cleaner" build gets nerfed to the point the whole frame becomes something less. Now he is one of the best AoE dpsers we have.

We NEED dpsers, stop nerfing them!

He's a she, by the way. Her DeePeeEss is very limited after a certain point, then becomes useless. No more room cleaner builds, please. We need powers that can scale. Saryn currently doesn't scale. All you get from her right now is a frame with a boring power. Give it a chance, man.

I guess all Saryn players (myself included) still can turn the forums into the great salts (insert StallorD video here) after the rework has been deployed and we had time to test it.

But I have to say, I am not very keen on wasting all of my energy for a single Combo

Edited by Helch0rn

All because the current "stack negative duration, press 4 to delete everything" build won't be optimal anymore.

It's inevitable that you'll reach a point in time in which your current favored build on just about anything will change. You will have to get out of your comfort zone, and you will have to adapt. It's not all that bad, really -- change is good and prevents stagnation, and Saryn desperately needed something to give her more gameplay than the age-old "press 4 to win" that's much-loathed by many players.

It's a rework. They're adding more value to duration for her, which in turn buffs all of her other skills. It's definitely not a nerf.

EDIT: Currently, based upon the devstream, some of the devs actually fear Saryn might be overpowered post-rework. So there's that too.

It is definitely a nerf.  People don't have to get out of their comfort zone when something they spent real money on gets nerfed; they can just move on to a different game.

She was good at what she did. Now she is a rubbish frame that doesn't excel at anything, at least on paper and from what we have seen so far.

saryn was my first non-starter frame when I started playing

saryn needs to be  made into more then just a one power frame and a rework that does this well is great, that said if the rework makes her an undesirable frame then its simply not a good rework and id rather she remain as is (floored but good).

I wont judge till its here I just hope it doesn't end up like marvel heroes were I spent around a year waiting for my favourite character only for them to get a terrible and lazy kit. fingers crossed for saryn

Edited by ElementEater

Saryn needed a rework yes but what we was shown was utter crap.

that was so slow on both "builds"  that anything viable aka not pure S#&$ in the dps weapon category out there would have killed that bombard in half the time.

The sad part is that any primary or secondary weapon or even straight up melee would have killed that bombard faster without the reworks drawbacks:

1. You have to use all saryns abilties to deal even half the damage on one cast of miasma. For more then double the energy cost. One cast of miasma cost 25 energy as of now casting all for damn abilities costs 56.25.

2. You have to melee, no ifs about it. You will have to engage every damn enemy at close range to do any damage what so ever. Which range kill you the fastest in warframe? oh that is right melee range....

3. We still have to keep one of the S#&$tiest damn ability a warframe has ever gotten. Yes i talk about the damn @(*()$ 3 that has no use what so ever and only make it easier to die for your frame that is all its good for.

4. the regular weapon swings did more damage to the bombard then using all her abilities on both builds rebecca tried.

5. we still have Contagion :(

They said they wanted us to have more synergy and use our skills more yet they kept the @(*()$ Contagion skill around..

Where the hell is the synergy for using a damn melee skill to boost two ranged attacks :(  its messes up the whole damn thing and will only make you die faster.

I will remain on top of this mountain of Salt until i see someone actually finidng a damn use for Contagion Without them dying 4 times in one damn mission. Lets see if anyone can actually make use of the S#&$ that is that skill in anything beyond 20 min solo.

Really I'm just kind of annoyed that so many people seem to focus way too much on the numbers-side of the rework than on the actual functionality, the damage values and how things scale is far easier to hotfix than the actual functionality itself. Just look at Atlas for example, he launched kinda weak but got a lot of his stats buffed within one patch (The day after as a matter of fact IIRC). Really I'd prefer if people would actually wait until they have the update actually in their hands to do all the necessary math to determine exactly what (If anythings) need to be looked at values-wise rather than just blind speculation based on some random bits of footage from the Dev-build which is buggy as all hell sometimes. 

Edit: just for the purposes of me making a mini-rant about the current functionality of Miasma, why does it just use duration to determine the number of tics and than DIVIDE the damage by that number of tics? Like seriously that's got to be the dumbest bit of scaling I've ever seen, for a while I thought "They just never looked at the ability before adding corrupted mods." but once somebody clearly explained how the ability actually scaled I facepalmed, like who approved that, was that chage made AFTER they added corrupted mods? Really if we didn't have that issue in the first place the negative duration builds would not have gotten as prevalent as they are and we wouldn't be dealing with at much complaining. Just to make a point here was basically my response upon seeing how Miasma currently scales:

giphy.gif

Edited by Basilisk1991